Opening a box [difficulty level:very hard]

polip

Now it' s my time to ask if it is a deadly sin to open a box. And it will be far mooooooore difficult than deciding whether to open a makuta teridax or not.

Some time ago, I bought a MISB Toa Mata nui for about 100$. I don't know what to do with it.I am tempted to wait for the occasion to buy a used, non boxed version for myself, and keep mine packaged, waiting for better times to sell it,considering the fact I am not very happy about the idea af spending 80-100 more dollars.

But I swear, the very idea that in that box there is a golden Ignika drives every time my hand on the seal...

Suggestions, please!!

• Upvote 2

Sir, I faced the same question when I got my MISB Tarakava for my birthday. I opened it and have no regrets. Playing with the toys is way more fun that displaying the box on a shelf.

-However-

Seeing as you expect to sell it MISB, keep it that way. You might be able to find a cheaper TMN complete with box. If it's just the mask you want, or a selection of parts, Bricklink would be your best friend. :)

20630367175_89803378cf_m.jpg19614359428_333d55fdd4_m.jpg20062539664_c9b483986a_m.jpg

I have an Instagram page where you can see these pictures and more like them! Just click

HERE!

Ok, let's start by saying that I have had a 7-8 latency period in which I almost forgot my bionicles.One day I started searching study material on wikipedia, and ended up on Bionicle ;so I tought:"wow bionicle, I did not rember I had them":open old toys box, watch them half-built, stuff like that.And then...I find out they made a set named Mata Nui. "Oh, my god, Mata Nui :bigeek: .MATA NUI IS NOW A SET.The divinity I adored when I was 8 yo is a robot! I MUST have it."I came across this set and, considering how much it costed I had no doubts and bought it, so the gold ignika is ok, but the guy who wears it amazes me too. I am not that kind of person that collects this stuff and displays it, I am not a collector, I do not care about paper box,instructions, MISB,MIB or stuff like that, I just want that big guy. In other circumstances, I would have opened it without thinking twice, only because my inner child still adores him :bowdown:

But I don't know...I paid it a very low price...I mean, on ebay a MISB TMN it costs 400-600$, 300-500$ more than what I bought it for.

This is the problem. What's your opinion?You think I'll get older with this box closed,when there will be no more market for bionicle, blaming myself for not opening that box when it could still satisfy me, or will this become a near-unique piece, so that I can say to myself "Do NOT bypass the filter. -B6 yeah"?

Little precisation:I think It will become a near-unique piece indeed , but I mean :dollarsign: :dollarsign: :dollarsign: unique

Edited by Black Six

Got a untouched Black Phantom with me, haven't decide to open it yet too, but the best way to not open a set is to forget about it, and the best way to do that is to place it in the most hard-to-reach place and start diverting your attention to something else, like new sets, or mocing.

And, if the gold Ignika's all you are after, I'd follow the advice above and go to BrickLink...

Or if you dont mind not selling it, go ahead and open it, haha. If you want to know what roughly is in stall for you when you open the box, you can read my review in the Bionicle Sets Discussion section of the knockoff version of TMN...

Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

Font: Urban Decay by zofos

Well, if you only want the mask, just buy the mask. Selling the set will be much more fun if it's unopened, and Titan Mata Nui has one of the most hideous color schemes I have ever seen.

Of course, if your inner child gets to you, open it. I think Titan Mata Nui was the last BIONICLE set I got, back in 2010, and I have it fully built, sitting on top of my dresser, looking epic when the room isn't lit well enough to see his coloration. No regrets there. As long as you don't completely mangle the box, I don't think you will regret it.

what the...??? is that thing legal?does Lego let Decool copy its products??????I do't think it would. What's the relationship between lego and decool?

Hmm, there's no relation between Lego and Decool, but Decool's just ripping off of Lego, that's as far as I know. Don't think it's legal, but if there're sets that have rather decent quality, and with a (very) much cheaper price, I'm not complaining, LOL.

Please do visit:

MNSbanner.jpg

Font: Urban Decay by zofos