So, here's a thread to discuss anything and everything Spybotics related. This was mainly prompted by my recent acquisition of a Technojaw T55 for $2.50.

Personally, I've wanted to get one for a very long time, but it was always a "yeah, that's not gonna happen", especially considering their prices on Amazon and eBay. NOW I FINALLY HAVE ONE YES BATTERIES CHARGE FASTER FOR CRYING OUT LOUD

rsz_screenshot_from_un_chien_andalou.jpg
My Writing Blog (more writing coming soon!)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (defunct)

Hyfudiar on Spotify (noise/drone/experimental music)

I got a Technojaw back in the day. I tried some of the missions with it but never really got too into it. Over time I cannibalized it for parts and stuff, but at BrickFair NE last year there was a guy with a malfunctioning one (it would drive backwards, then turn, then drive backwards...) that someone had apparently given him because they didn't want to deal with it anymore. And he didn't feel like dealing with it anymore so he handed it off to me. So when I got home I swapped out the RC module for my old working one and now I have a functioning Technojaw again.

It's fun to drive around.

I don't think I've ever seen any of the other sets in person, unfortunately.

But they were good sources for recolored pieces.

OpAXNpl.jpg

Yay, I finally got it working. It works quite well, though I'm not entirely sure what the red button thing on the remote is for.

That's the "laser" button. In my experience it only works during missions, though, which has always been disappointing.

OpAXNpl.jpg