Do you think these are misprints/mismoulds?

Crezdonn

GEGCErE.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/j00DL

First I want to say that the two shells above had their print removed, check the imgur album for more pics. Look at the armor shell in the center. It's neither trans-green or trans-apple green, though it was produced with the same print as the other trans-green shell.

OMmDzUN.jpg

There are no stress marks on this foot piece. Usually when you bend a thin piece of Lego it gets those white stress marks, there's none here. I tried to reproduce this on another of the same piece, and after applying a huge amount of pressure and barely getting it to bend, the toe just broke off.

What do you guys think? Misprint / mismould?

Edited by Crezdonn
  • Upvote 2

The green shell is still trans. green but it was part of a batch that had less green dye.

The foot on the other hand is completely bizarre.  It could bend without leaving white marks if heated.  Very odd piece, I do not know about this one.  Do you have a picture of the side view?

Edited by Rakrondewl

Did you remove the print from the first two parts, or did you get them like that? It's certainly possible that one of them didn't receive enough dye in production (and I've seen much more dramatic cases of that happening, where a part that was meant to be opaque received too little dye and came out transparent), but if you got both of them used from different sources with the prints already removed, it's also possible that one of them might have been removed by chemical means, which could have altered the color. Of course, if you got both parts new and removed the prints the same way, the former is more likely.

In the case of the second, it's possible that it was warped during production, but it's also possible that it was warped through being exposed to heat in the hands of an end user, which would not leave the same sorts of stress marks as being bent at room temperature. Once I had some Bionicle parts get lost under the water heater in our basement, and the radiant heat from that was enough to warp their shape.

So the answer for both parts is "maybe". You might be able to come to a more firm answer if you know the specifics of where each part came from.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

I removed the print with nail polish remover, if you use it on any trans-X parts it doesn't leave those nasty white streaks. It was that colour before I used the nail polish remover though, the only reason why I found it in my collection was because a customer wanted to buy two trans-green shells with the print removed.

I got the shell off bricklink and the foot in a big box of parts I bought locally. Honestly I think the foot wasn't bent while in production because it's perfectly straight, and there were no other warped parts like that in the lot.

This is what I think about the second item in question.

After taking a long and hard look at the foot this is what I concluded:

• The support on the bottom of the toe remains almost completely straight with no stress marks.
  • The rest of the piece has no noticeable misshapen/melted spots anywhere.
  • No sign of tool mark (to intentionally bend it).

All that said I believe it to be a molding error, possibly caused by a sudden change in temperature.  I don't believe if it was heated (by the sun or appliance) that just the toe would have bent (not to mention almost perfectly straight).

• Upvote 1