Toa Kodyx

Vinylstep

Hello there, people of BZP. I do realize that I'm late in making this, but I still felt it should be done. Anyways, a few months ago, I built the Self-MOC of a good friend of mine here who spends much of his time on here in the Comedies, The BIONICLE Hero. Anyways, I never really got around to posting the MOC as BZP was down at the time and i've been pretty busy. But seeing as Hero's birthday was on the 11th, and seeing as Christmas is two days away, it only seemed right to do something like this.So, let's get to this, shall we?100_1261.jpgBack pic: http://www.brickshel...y.cgi?i=5294612The remainder of the Gallery: http://www.brickshel...ry.cgi?f=491067Anyways, if Hero should happen to read this, I'm sorry about being late in putting this up.I hope everyone enjoys, and has a Merry Smissmas Season/ Happy Holidays/ Whatever it is that you do, really.

Edited by ironman197

It's got a pretty color scheme, even if it can be improved. The armor, as Akuna said, gives arms a skinny appearance, however it 's well done. Watching the gallery, I saw he is very poseable and his weapons are quite good. If I ever had to vote him, I'd give him 9.5/10!----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth

Edited by Lord of the Rings

Kodyx, as a whole, is a good MOC. The colors are spread well, and make for a good scheme. However, the shin armor seems to protrude too much, and the arms seem a little too skinny.

I do thank you for the constructive criticism. As for the shin armor, I originally intended just to use the HF armor to create sort of a look similar to if he was wearing jeans, but unfortunately I could find a system to keep the armor on correctly. Using that, I managed to use the Stars armor as a sort-of 'block', keeping it in place. So while it's certainly not the most effective system, it works. But I will try and get on that.Hmm... Well, here's the thing on the arms: I have something of an... Obsession, let's put it with using the Metru lower legs as lower arm pieces. More than half of my MOCs seem to have that, and I wanted to change it up for once. I also used those lower arms pieces as I thought it would fit in nicely with Hero's story idea he had a little while before I made his Self-MOC, as it goes for a more technology-based theme than the normal Bionicle storyline. Using that, I wanted to go for a more sleek design (as that's common with more high-tech machinery) , and what better arm piece than that one for that job?Though I will admit that he is pretty skinny. I'll try to see if I can fashion up a custom arm design for that.But thanks again, everyone for the help. I really appreciate it.EDIT: Also Lord of Mordor (if you'd prefer to be called that), I'm glad that you caught my reason why I had the lower arm pieces facing the way they are (with the more open ball joint connecting to the elbow rather than the hand, for uses of posability) Edited by ironman197

• 2 weeks later...

EDIT: Also Lord of Mordor (if you'd prefer to be called that), I'm glad that you caught my reason why I had the lower arm pieces facing the way they are (with the more open ball joint connecting to the elbow rather than the hand, for uses of posability)

You're welcome. I've already told you in a message you're very skilled at MOCing, so... As for that arms discussion, I've used that technique in my past Toas and the only con is that, to move hands to the sides, ya have to turn the entire arm to do that. And for the skinny thing, I think ya should have gone on with Metru legs. They're much sturdier, even if not long as Rakshi ones. I use 'em very often.But your choice is just yours. Mine are just hints.----- Lord of the Rings -----Titles: Dark Lord, Lord of Mordor, Lord of Gifts, Lord of Barad-Dûr, Lord of the Earth