Vinyl Thread

Protohuman

Anyone on this site collect vinyl?I have a classic 1970s Sony model, amplifyer, pre amp and two faithful speakers all packed up upon my bedroom wardrobe. It's an excellent set of machinery, enabling music I like to be heard in many different ways, and a good thing to casually slip into a conversation to rise your coolness XDAs for records, my collection is quite small (compared to my bandmate who has a whole storeroom packed with the things). I got a couple of Hendrix, some Rolling Stones, some Cream, Jefferson Airplane, compilations of Rock Legends, Mike Oldfield, and a few others my that granddad gave to me...When buying records, I try to get the original things rather than the new remastered ones...So what about you, COT? Tell me ^_^

Gee golly, I sure do love Bionicles! My favourite one is Hero Factory!

My mom has a TON of old LPs in her living room. She has a record player somewhere, but she doesn't ever play them.--Over and out.

Can I have them? XD

I don't collect them myself, but my Dad has a sizable collection of LPs, mostly 78s I think, and he still plays them just about every morning, and at night on occasion.

What's he play?

I've got a nice old record player, but the speaker it's hooked up to broke, so I can't use it. Most of the LPs we have are of limited interest to me, but we've got four Jethro Tull records I'm hoping to acquire for myself once I'm out of college - Thick As a Brick, Aqualung, Too Old To Rock'n'Roll, and Under Wraps. Also got a couple of Zappa albums, and an odd few others that I rather like.

We will remember - Skies may fade and stars may wane; we won't forget

And your light shines bright - yes so much brighter shine on

We will remember - Until the skies will fall we won't forget

We will remember

We all shall follow doom

i'd probably buy vinyl if i had a record playeri've got ritual by The Black Dahlia Murder on vinyl, wish i could actually play it. plus i'm subscribed to decibel mag so i'm getting flexi discs every month now that i can't play.how cheaply do you think i could get a turntable/record player?

nhsYE.jpg

For a fancy modern one it would be around 60 to 90 pounds. I don't know if it's any different in dollars...But that's just a turntable on it's own; the whole thing in one machine would be different.Look online :)