Adobe Illustrator Tahu

Zarohum

So I'm taking a class in school where we sometimes work on Adobe Illustrator. We practiced drawing a hammer, and then were told to make something else. I chose good ol' Tahu Mata.Nothing special. Pretty bad actually, but I figured I could just post it here and see if anyone compliments me. :PTahuillustrator.png

Livetrace?Or did you trace it by hand?Regardless, if you cleaned up the edges, the indentation on the left side of his mask, and the harsh light over his eye, it would look a lot better. The colors are nice and bold, but I can't tell if you did that purposefully or not. Some of the shadows look a bit iffy, you can probably nudge them around a bit so they are aligned better. Even if it doesn't match the original 100%, it might look better on this project.

Overall pretty good, a nice MNOGish impression of him. Art-style wise this criticism might be ignorable, but when I do vector art I try to avoid line overlap errors like in his mouth area and his right shoulder (to our left). Layering can help you fix this so that the larger one is always to the back, so the boundary appears to be the one bordering it and no overlap gaps are visible, or just zoom in to trace the original boundary more exactly. But it does make for a cool "hey this is clearly art" feel, almost watercolor-like, so yeah.Another thing that would snaz it up is more lighting layers with a higher transparency, something I do a lot, plus some trans-black for shading. That would automatically make it feel more detailed without actually adding things representing physical texture. I'd do this especially for spherical-ish shapes; notice the ball on his chest looks like a flat circle since it has no lighting reflecting off of it. But yeah, even that criticism take with salt because it can still pass as just the style you chose, and with that it looks good. ^_^

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)