Neon Genesis Evangelion

SolitaryHyena

Now you've watched it, skip back to the scene when Asuka is curled up in the lake. Just as she screams "I DON'T WANNA DIE" freeze-frame and you can catch an image of her maggot-ridden corpse! Fun!

Edited by Kumata

I believe that somewhere in all the pointless and slightly disturbing subliminal messaging of EoE is the meaning of life. Seriously.The only ways that movie could have been worse is if NERV was totally annihilated at the very beginning of the movie, Asuka never fought the Mass-Produced EVA units, and the universe got turned into tang in the end.

• 3 weeks later...

Another thing I noticed: the pilots' plugsuits (or at least Shinji's and Rei's) have two of the core-like emblem on them, one large and one small. Given the IPEA's logo and

the being Unit 01 almost becomes during Near-Third Impact,

this all ties together very interestingly. Due to the fact that an angel's core contains its S2 engine (the Fruit of Life) and the fact that a human soul, containing the Fruit of Knowledge, is shown in End of Evangelion to be a small red orb not unlike a miniature core, my personal theory is that the dual-core symbolism represents a union of the two Fruits, something which was not shown very much in the original series, even on the Lilith/Adam hybrid. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Edited by Cobui

fjRqLk4.jpg

Another thing I noticed: the pilots' plugsuits (or at least Shinji's and Rei's) have two of the core-like emblem on them, one large and one small. Given the IPEA's logo and

the being Unit 01 almost becomes during Near-Third Impact,

this all ties together very interestingly. Due to the fact that an angel's core contains its S2 engine (the Fruit of Life) and the fact that a human soul, containing the Fruit of Knowledge, is shown in End of Evangelion to be a small red orb not unlike a miniature core, my personal theory is that the dual-core symbolism represents a union of the two Fruits, something which was not shown very much in the original series, even on the Lilith/Adam hybrid. Can't wait to see where this goes.

Get ready for the Green ending. :P
doctor-who-premier.jpg