Want-to-Buy 14k Golden Hau

ToysRUs

Hi everyone,

I'm looking for a 14k Golden Hau mask for purchase. Obviously these are rare so I will be checking and updating this post. If anyone has any information on how to obtain one or who might be selling, I would appreciate the help in finding them..

Bionicle Universe has one listed for sale on his Bricklink store. Price is a a bit more than steep, so I would message them and try to get a more reasonable offer in.

Not sure how plugged into the community you are, but the seller has kind of developed a negative and questionable reputation over the years due to the prices and claims they make about certain rare pieces, so you may want to really ensure the authenticity of the piece. It looks real from a glance, but just make sure you do your research to ensure it's legit. Mask Collector should still own one, you can try reaching out to him if you want to learn about what to look for to ensure authenticity.

Edited by Darknut

Thanks Darknut for the reply,

I am not plugged in to the community, I haven't been much since 2014. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the last golden Hau sold for 5k? It appears on his bricklink as 45k EUR. I don't imagine that would ever be sold at that price, considering that is not the only one in existence, and as far as I'm aware there were 30 in circulation, where his description says there was only 5. I was interested for above the 5k range. While its hard to value something like that, I'm more  near 5k ballpark than 45k. Am I mistaken, wasn't the last one sold for that much?

Again thank you for your reply, insight, and help!

2 hours ago, ToysRUs said:

am not plugged in to the community, I haven't been much since 2014. If I'm not mistaken, wasn't the last golden Hau sold for 5k? It appears on his bricklink as 45k EUR. I don't imagine that would ever be sold at that price, considering that is not the only one in existence, and as far as I'm aware there were 30 in circulation, where his description says there was only 5. I was interested for above the 5k range. While its hard to value something like that, I'm more  near 5k ballpark than 45k. Am I mistaken, wasn't the last one sold for that much?

Yeah, hence the added context I included in the post about the seller being a bit ridiculous with their asking prices and their info on the rarity of their items. I don't know what the last one sold for, but they're nowhere near what Bionicle Universe is asking. I'm pretty sure he's had it listed for a while at that insane price, so you can try direct messaging him with an offer. I wouldn't be surprised if he doesn't go down though.

Also, someone once did a calculation of how much the gold would cost alone for the piece, so if you can dig up that number and adjust for inflation of gold since, you probably can build a good case for a more reasonable asking price when you find someone willing to hear your offer. Good luck!

• 1 month later...

Hi everyone,

I am not plugged into the Bionicle community, but through some Google searching, I landed here. In the early 2000s, I was fortunate to win what I believe to be one of the 30 or so solid gold Kanohi Hau mask at the Toys R Us in Times Square, NYC. I saw this discussion and thought it would be a good place to learn more about it and gauge interest if I were to try to sell the piece. Anything you can share or point me to would be appreciated. Thanks!