Mutran Revamp

Mutran is awesome. I built this a little while ago, so I don't exactly remember what my inspiration was, but I think it came out pretty well.

-----

m00.jpg

-----

-----

Let's see now...Changes:

• [*]Added more lime green[*]Added armor to lower legs[*]Added armor to torso and replaced Tridax pod with armor[*]Replaced left forearm with arm cannon[*]Replaced other weapons with sword[*]Added Icarax-style wings[*]Added cape and back armor

Thoughts?:t::b::3:

Q2TtLEz.png

Nice. He looked well armored this time, as compared to his official set. I guess the legs could use some more lime on them, but I still like the way the Knights Kingdom armor fits on. The weapon is also intimidating. (I thought it was a zamour at first... XD ) Looks good.I guess my one complaint would be the lime system car piece on his chest; the plate bottom kind of breaks up the flow. I can't think of any fixes for it, but just thought I'd note that. Otherwise, nice job!:music:

Nice. He looked well armored this time, as compared to his official set. I guess the legs could use some more lime on them, but I still like the way the Knights Kingdom armor fits on. The weapon is also intimidating. (I thought it was a zamour at first... XD ) Looks good.I guess my one complaint would be the lime system car piece on his chest; the plate bottom kind of breaks up the flow. I can't think of any fixes for it, but just thought I'd note that. Otherwise, nice job! :music:

Adding one of the smooth inverted 4x4 round plates (boat studs) in lime green would work, I think.

Great revamp. I like the the arm cannon, especially how well it goes with the color scheme. The system piece on the chest ... not really working. It gives a blocky texture found nowhere else, and being lime green it is really obvious. The green Nuva armor is okay, but maybe not the very best choice. The wings are great as is the weapon choice, but the armor is a bit chunky for him. The silver works in this quantity, but I would choose silver as a tertiary color, not the primary armor color. I think he would look better with black as the majority of his armor, but maybe not. And the cape is ... short? I never use Lego capes, since they are never the right size or shape. And Mutran could definitely be a cape person ... but not a short cape person. I'd ditch the Vezon cape or make a new one to replace it (I found the best method to be spray painting black cloth with decocolor black spraypaint (a floral paint that doesn't make a crust/coating/layer, but rather stiffens the fabric making any cuts/holes not bend and distort) and then final shaping can begin(after drying), making tears and whatnot).Anywhoo, this is a very good MOC with some excellent modifications to the original design. Nicely done.a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

Nice. He looked well armored this time, as compared to his official set. I guess the legs could use some more lime on them, but I still like the way the Knights Kingdom armor fits on. The weapon is also intimidating. (I thought it was a zamour at first... XD ) Looks good.I guess my one complaint would be the lime system car piece on his chest; the plate bottom kind of breaks up the flow. I can't think of any fixes for it, but just thought I'd note that. Otherwise, nice job! :music:

Adding one of the smooth inverted 4x4 round plates (boat studs) in lime green would work, I think.
Am I the only one who wants to keep the abs?

aouROFb.png

I often find that Knights' Kingdom pieces can end up breaking up the flow of a MOC or messing it up in some other way, but I am really digging those greaves. It is true that lime green would be welcome on the lower legs as well, but I consider the sacrifice of not having it worthwhile in order to keep those KK legs. Now, for that System thing on his abs. I like it, but it pokes out just a tad too much IMO. It gives his chest a sunken-in appearance. Personally, I would keep the Nuva armor and swap the abs. Fsnorglepuff appears to recommend the reverse, so I'm not sure. Either way, it seems like that could be an improvement point if it can be dealt with without forfeiting the level of continuity it currently has. Other than that, the rest of the MOC leaves me going "Cool, cool, and more coolness." Great overall; I can totally envision Mutran taking this form during some of his pre-Phantoka days.

odyssey1_bannernew.jpg

Review Topic

I AM OFFICIALLY BACK! :D After 18 months on hiatus, I have returned, but I have spent that time well. If you want to see how it was spent, click on the banner to start reading the result or click on the linky-link below to get further information off of the review topic.