idk where to post this question about a mask

banana92

ok, so i have a mask i got off ebay recently with 4 other masks (the copper komau, i was pretty extatic, 5 masks for $5 on ebay)but i have heard that it was only made in the UK and places like that, and not in the US right?well i also heard, that the UK metalic masks are not see-through like their US counterparts? am i correct so far.my question is, why is my copper komau see through, unless i am mistaken. any help would be greatly needed. thank you.Edit: I think I've answered my question already, but a definitive answer would be nice, as far as I know they are translucent after all... let me know anywho

Edited by banana92

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging I'm digging

I'm digging

ok, so i have a mask i got off ebay recently with 4 other masks (the copper komau, i was pretty extatic, 5 masks for $5 on ebay)but i have heard that it was only made in the UK and places like that, and not in the US right?well i also heard, that the UK metalic masks are not see-through like their US counterparts? am i correct so far.my question is, why is my copper komau see through, unless i am mistaken. any help would be greatly needed. thank you.Edit: I think I've answered my question already, but a definitive answer would be nice, as far as I know they are translucent after all... let me know anywho
The copper Komau is translucent because the color it uses (176 Red Flip/Flop) is engineered to be translucent. It's part of a series of three colors also including 178 Yellow Flip/Flop (the color of the gold Kanohi from the 2002 mask packs) and 179 Silver Flip/Flop (the color of the silver Kanohi from the same mask packs). I believe part of the reason for using these colors was so that when the Kaukau was molded in these colors the eyes could still shine through, but I'm not certain. All I can confirm is that I have never found any indication that any of these three colors was used for anything other than 2001-2002 Kanohi.Chances are the three colors were discontinued between 2003 and 2006 when TLG began streamlining the by-then enormous color palette.I have never heard anything about UK copper Kanohi being any different from US copper Kanohi, since they were manufactured in the same facilities and only differed in their packaging. Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time