Shardak Final (Xaterex Multiverse Into the Darkness Character)

joev14

Alright, some of you may remember a model I did for this character awhile back, but recently I decided to take him off my shelf and make some changes, primarily adding more keetorange to the legs, adding more spikes, making the back flow better, and getting rid of as much of the gray as possible. So here he is, the final version of Shardak. (I also made his Scythe a little thinner, and removed one of the masks).All images link to larger ones!

front_resized.jpg back_resized.jpg

Front and Back

front_no_weapons_resized.jpg scythe_resized.jpg

Front (Without Weapons), and Scythe

closeup_resized.jpg neck_closeup_resized.jpg

Torso Closeups

arm_closeup_resized.jpg leg_closeup_resized.jpg

Limb Closeups

Edited by joev14

WOAH! This is stunning. At first glance, this looks like a Mata Nui revamp and the best one I've ever seen...The hordika legs have got to go, though. Also, the upper body is yellow on black, not black on yellow as the bottom is. I suggest making the arms have the same construction but with black ball joints and yellow connectors, like the legs, or vice-versa (consistency!). While the shoulder design is to die for the neck and head are disappointing. I've never seen system plates used well alongside large, generic Bionicle parts. Barbs are excellent, but not modified plate teeth (speaking of which, the black 1 x 1 on the arm should go). The neck space is cavernous - fill it in with tires or hoses. The head is too small for this magnificent body; maybe use the real Ignika or perhaps another mask, preferably black (or painted yellow and black). Most importantly, though: custom limbs. Sometimes it works for the overall aesthetic to use generic limbs, but here I think it would work better to use the same level of complexity in the lower limbs as in the torso. If you wanted, you could change the lower half of the torso into yellow-on-black and use those yellow hydruka parts (that usually come in silver or marbled dark red and black). Pretty much all I'm saying is to homogenize the elements of this MOC. Anywhoo...Fantastic work!a_peace.png

15037057692_2fb1ce338a_t.jpg     15034366641_d827682ab5_m.jpg     15037424595_cf284dac70_t.jpg

Toa Gali Nuva

• 2 weeks later...
This is awesome. The Hordika legs should be replaced though.
Y No One Like Hordika Legs? They're some of my favorite parts, mainly because its one of the few limbs that you can attach system pieces to.