Football

Mr. Fluffy

Speaking of bad teams( :P ), have any of you guys heard of the whole "Suck for Luck" thing? Apparently a bunch of fans of the bottom-rung teams are rooting for losses in hopes of a first round draft pick to get a good new quarterback next year.

ROFL. Maybe some Colts fans are falling into that bandwagon, since Peyton's not gonna play forever, and Curtis Painter's no Andrew Luck. XD And thanks for adding college football talk to this topic. The Wisconsin-Michigan State game has been pretty wild. Also, I can not WAIT for Bama and LSU to face off in Tuscaloosa in a couple weeks. Edited by Superbionicle

superpaper_624_1255384923.jpg

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

Does anybody think the 'boys can overcome their Cowboy luck?

No. The Cowboys are a talented team that finds ways to lose games. The opener against the Jets was a typical example. They were up with a solid lead in fourth quarter. A couple of turnovers and some bad defense later, they lose the game. It's what the Cowboys do. However, they are really fun to watch because the play (and lose) a lot of close games. As for "suck for Luck", right now my money's on Miami. The Colts might need a QB within the next 2-3 years, though, but I don't see them taking a QB with a number one pick when they have Peyton Manning on their roster. -don't touch my pocket protector

Three great comedies at one low, low price....NOTHING!

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Choose Your Own Bionicle Adventure (archived)

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Useless BZP Junk that you Must Have!!!

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

Speaking of bad teams( :P ), have any of you guys heard of the whole "Suck for Luck" thing? Apparently a bunch of fans of the bottom-rung teams are rooting for losses in hopes of a first round draft pick to get a good new quarterback next year.

ROFL. Maybe some Colts fans are falling into that bandwagon, since Peyton's not gonna play forever, and Curtis Painter's no Andrew Luck. XD And thanks for adding college football talk to this topic. The Wisconsin-Michigan State game has been pretty wild. Also, I can not WAIT for Bama and LSU to face off in Tuscaloosa in a couple weeks.
Yeah...The colts are gonna be amazing if they get him and he fits in like newton does in Carolina. But I'm watching these games now and they're wild!! I'm really entertained by wisconsin vs michigan st. I LOVED WVU losing to Syracuse. I also like the idea of Pitt and Syracuse to the acc! As a Pitt fan, I don't like it in basketball at all. But i like it more in football. If I could get a chance to have Pitt vs Penn St or Pitt vs WVU as an out of conference game though, I would go with Pitt vs Penn St. But I think everyone knows that Pitt vs WVU is more likely.

As for "suck for Luck", right now my money's on Miami. The Colts might need a QB within the next 2-3 years, though, but I don't see them taking a QB with a number one pick when they have Peyton Manning on their roster.

As for this, they might do that. Because he's old...He's only has maybe 2 good years left! If they get luck they could ease him in like the packers did Rodgers! Edited by HockeyplayaElecton

Xbox 360 Gamertag: PetaPanSpartan

I play Halo Reach, Halo 3 and MW3 online.

halo_4.png

:lol: Believe me, as a Ravens fan, I'm all to familiar with getting to the playoffs only to lose a championship game, so you have my sympathy and best wishes. Here's hoping to see you in Indianapolis this season!

Yeah...It must really suck to be a fan of a choker....I think it hurts more when your team makes it to the playoffs (or worse, the super bowl) and loses than when you have a terrible team in general....Like the dolphins. :P

Xbox 360 Gamertag: PetaPanSpartan

I play Halo Reach, Halo 3 and MW3 online.

halo_4.png

:lol: Believe me, as a Ravens fan, I'm all to familiar with getting to the playoffs only to lose a championship game, so you have my sympathy and best wishes. Here's hoping to see you in Indianapolis this season!

Yeah...It must really suck to be a fan of a choker.... I think it hurts more when your team makes it to the playoffs (or worse, the super bowl) and loses than when you have a terrible team in general....Like the dolphins. :P
Given the Steelers' biggest rival is over 60 years less experienced than they are, and their performance so far this season(Come on, you were a field goal away from going overtime with the Colts. Not Payton Manning-Colts, the 2011, 0-7 Colts. Even if I'm a Ravens fan, that just shouldn't happen to a team as good as Pittsburgh), I wouldn't be talking if I were you. :P Agreed though, it's kind of sad - a friend of mine is a huge Dolphins fan, and I always want to talk football with him, but I feel bad when I try. :lol:
baltimore_ravens.png

Yeah...It must really suck to be a fan of a choker.... I think it hurts more when your team makes it to the playoffs (or worse, the super bowl) and loses than when you have a terrible team in general....Like the dolphins. :P
Given the Steelers' biggest rival is over 60 years less experienced than they are, and their performance so far this season(Come on, you were a field goal away from going overtime with the Colts. Not Payton Manning-Colts, the 2011, 0-7 Colts. Even if I'm a Ravens fan, that just shouldn't happen to a team as good as Pittsburgh), I wouldn't be talking if I were you. :P Agreed though, it's kind of sad - a friend of mine is a huge Dolphins fan, and I always want to talk football with him, but I feel bad when I try. :lol:
Tennessee? Thats what I thought.... ;)

sb1.png

Thanks to Argetlam for the Banner

Actually I thought 35-7. :P They both have big quarterbacks who can take decent hits, questionable offensive lines and secondaries, powerful linebackers and defensive lines, great running games, and the best safety in football. They're both consistent playoff contenders in the AFC North. If you said those two sentences to someone and asked what football team it described, they could describe either Pittsburgh or Baltimore. They're really, really similar. Pittsburgh has just been around longer. For the past several season they've been about the same. Edited by Fresh Makuta of Bel-Air

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

35-7. Plus there's a big difference between losing to a team that's second in their division, and almost losing to a team that hasn't won a single game this season, and is arguably at the bottom of the league. :P Plus you guys faced them without Kenny Britt - no offense is going to mow through a defensive line without a good receiver, especially a defense like an AFC North defense. And he is a darn fine receiver, as much as I was annoyed at him carrying them to their victory, I had to admire his skill. Edited by Necro
baltimore_ravens.png

I was sad when Britt went out for the season. This was looking to be his breakout year. In other news, congrats to Houston for winning the AFC South in week 7. -don't touch my pocket protector

Three late-middle age matoran think of something they want to do before they kick the bucket.

Navigate your way through a myriad of meaningless choices as you try to not make a fool of yourself in perhaps the only comedy ever written almost entirely in spoiler tags.

Get to your phone, whip out your credit card, and prepare to buy some useless BZPower related junk that has no benefit on society except that you want it!!!

joehalobanner.jpg

I was sad when Britt went out for the season. This was looking to be his breakout year. In other news, congrats to Houston for winning the AFC South in week 7. -don't touch my pocket protector

And in a rather convincing victory too. Especially considering Mario Williams is out. Although remember last regular season when the Patriots manhandled the Jets? Yeah, that really proved to be something in the postseason, now didn't it? :biggrin: Edited by Superbionicle

"By me... Count Bleck! The chosen executor of the Dark Prognosticus... is Count Bleck! The fine fellow prophesied to come to this dimension... is also Count Bleck!"

Houston's RB's are amazingly talented.And the Cowboys have nothing. xDAlso, I cannot believe the Saints won 62-7, that is just incredible.

Yes, that Arian Foster is a deadly little bugger. I remember him tearing up last year's Colts.

The only undefeateds there are in college football now are LSU, Alabama, Oklahoma State, Boise State, and Stanford. And either LSU or Alabama will lose next weekend (in what will most likely be an AWESOME game). The only undefeated team in pro football is the Pack.

Edited by Superbionicle

I was surprised how bad L.T. was after he left the Chargers.

Meh, he's in a much more limited role. LT is actually an exception to rule of aging running backs. Usually as soon as they hit 30, the bottom just falls out. LT is still productive though. Another exception is Fred Jackson, who is just killing it in my fantasy league.-don't touch my pocket protector

joehalobanner.jpg

I was surprised how bad L.T. was after he left the Chargers.

Meh, he's in a much more limited role. LT is actually an exception to rule of aging running backs. Usually as soon as they hit 30, the bottom just falls out. LT is still productive though. Another exception is Fred Jackson, who is just killing it in my fantasy league.-don't touch my pocket protector
Fred Jackson is a fantasy hero. In one league I had Jamaal Charles and Felix Jones as my two first RB picks (second round pick was Calvin Johnson). Both are now dropped thanks to me drafting Ryan Mathews and Fred Jackson in later rounds. In another league I straight up traded Fred Jackson and a few WRs for Adrian Peterson.

Signature Guidelines: Avatar and signature total file size may not exceed 100 KB!

I had Jamaal Charles, too. But I was actually able to pick up Fred Jackson off the waiver wire (don't ask me how he got there). He's getting like 20 points per game. Maybe next year we could set up a BZPower Fantasy Football league.-don't touch my pocket protector

joehalobanner.jpg

LSU and Bama sure was a shootout. XD Still a great game to watch though.

Who won that game?-don't touch my pocket protector

joehalobanner.jpg

LSU and Bama sure was a shootout. XD Still a great game to watch though.

Who won that game?-don't touch my pocket protector
LSU 9-6 in overtime. All the points were scored by field goals.

Indeed they did. :D Maybe I'm biased since the XLII pass from Manning to Buress was what made me start to watch football for more than the commercials, but things like that last drive are why I agree with Eli that he's an elite quarterback.

Edited by Necro
baltimore_ravens.png