The Limits of the Kanohi Mohtrek

2) I'm not sure which part of my post in your quote this is direct at, so not sure what to say. :P What are you asking?

What if he did that and then summoned a past Bitil, kept him in the future for years, and then sent him back?

I thought that might be what you meant but didn't want to assume you had missed what I said:

all mask powers have rather severe limitations as long as it's a major effect (rather than very weak "always on" powers), and I'd say time travel is a WAY major effect. :P So I'd think a few hours at most is all they could stay. For a Toa, definitely no longer than one sleep-cycle at the very longest, regardless of the mask's energy limitations, since they would of course lose focus when they fall asleep. That wouldn't apply to Bitil, since Makuta (in their gaseous state) don't need sleep, so the energy limit would be his maximum. And to learn that we would need to hear from Greg (although I assume that bringing forward two past selves makes it drain twice as fast, etc.).

So again, it comes down to the mask's energy limit, not the user. And we don't know how long that is, but it's definitely nowhere near years or even weeks, at least not for a powerful effect like time travel. It might even be not a full hour; measured in minutes rather than hours. We don't really know, but years wouldn't make sense. IMO, anyways.

The Destiny of Bionicle (chronological retelling of Bionicle original series, 9 PDFs of 10 chapters each on Google Drive)Part 1 - Warring with Fate | Part 2 - Year of Change | Part 3 - The Exploration Trap | Part 4 - Rise of the Warlords | Part 5 - A Busy Matoran | Part 6 - The Dark Time | Part 7 - Proving Grounds | Part 8 - A Rude Awakening | Part 9 - The Battle of Giants

My Bionicle Fanfiction  (Google Drive folder, eventually planned to have PDFs of all of it)