Take a look at this news story! And for background info, this entry from last year!
We're doing something similar this year. First, if you mailed in MOCs to BFAlabama, they are being shipped up here to me for Cascade this week, from what I understand. Those will be on display at Cascade, and then I believe I will be mailing them up to Andrew for BFNew England, and he'll drive them down to the real Brickfair in VA.
If you didn't mail MOCs in to BFAlabama, well, please consider mailing them in to Cascade! It's a second-year convention, and they still don't think BIONICLE or Hero Factory are entirely legitimate (though since joining PortLUG, and showing my MOCs, I've helped change that impression a bit). I want to have a display that kills our display last year. I've got a few more MOCs of my own, but not much else! I know a few who had MOCs last year won't be able to attend this year, so we need your help!
If you'd like to mail us stuff and become my BFFFFFFF4LYFE, send them to me here:
230 NE 99th Avenue
Portland, OR 97220
MOCs MUST be received by Wednesday, March 6th.
Please mail us MOCs! We have perks!
This is the trophy list for the BIONICLE section at BricksCascade:
- Best Overall BIONICLE MOC- For the best overall BIONICLE MOC. This is going to be the one that is the most visually impressive.
- Best Toa "Moderator"- For the best of the large and always-existent simple Toa/Hero Factory MOCs. And yes, the trophy will say "Moderator", not the shortened version of "Modification".
- Best Rahi- For the best non-humanoid MOC
- Best Use of Pieces- For the MOC that has the most innovative use of parts or techniques
Same as last year, these trophies are going to be given out to MOCs that aren't mine. I'm not in the running for them!
Also, from the news story:
But wait, there's more!
- For each event your MOCs appear at, you get one prototype part
- If your MOCs appear at two or more events, you get a Proto boost
- If your MOCs appear at three or more events, you get a custom rank title of your choice (to be approved by the Administration)
If your MOCs appear at four or more events, you get a free six month Premier Membership(No longer available except to those who shipped their MOCs to BrickFair Alabama.)
- Your MOCs will be seen by tens of thousands of people, inspiring children and adults around the country
- Many awesome pictures will be taken of your MOCs by BZPower staff and members and will appear on the front page
- We will try to get other goodies to return with your MOCs if we can - who doesn't like surprises?
Blog Assistant Nukaya has volunteered her time and talent to take professional studio-quality pictures of your MOCs if you send them to three or more events. Here's the scoop:
Please note, the above perks stack, so if you send MOCs to all four events, you will get four prototype parts, a Proto boost, custom rank title, professional photographs, and a Premier Membership. Pretty cool, right?
- You can have up to three pictures taken. The pictures can be of three different MOCs, the same MOC in three different poses, or some combination therof.
- If she has the time/is feeling generous, you might get more pictures.
- Pictures can be standard photographs (Example) or fancy (Example).
- Only one MOC can be in each photo. No group shots of multiple MOCs will be taken.
- PM Nukaya to let her know which MOCs you want pictures of and if you want standard or fancy.
- Any questions about the process can be directed to Nukaya as well.