The Legend Of Destr

Destr

Hello guys, it's me again! Really sorry of you find bad language or not understandable words in the comics. Just tell me, I'll edit them out ;>

b52ecb9315c0.png

Comic 1:PrologueComic 2: Screams in the darknessComic 3: AmbushComic 4: Lower groundComic 5: Things change...Comic 6: The targetComic 7: DoctorComic 8: Think againComic 9: The duel begins!Comic 10: The fall of a dawnComic 11: Rising ShadowComic 12: the MemoriesComic 13: Ownage of TapikaComic 14: Power takes sacrificesComic 15: Komiksia----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Tome 2: The MenaceTruth is never goodStrangerMysterious creatureThe fall of waterThe power of the legacyTrust meNothing at allThe Dark LegacyThe Death TempleAnother Soul fellThis is informatioooonOBLITERATEI'm in a carLost waysComic 30: The fall of the flying cityTome 3: FlyingNightmareCompanyAnonymous -- Link broken for now, due to acronyms known to contain a filtered word. -Wind-http://www.majhost.c...year_huh....png -- See above. Also, was that Frostmourne? This makes me miss my holy pally : P -Wind-White of Light

These were made in 2010 or so, mind you. New ones might come, as I did 35 today ;P. I'll REALLY try to make the plot understandable from this point. It feels like all before 35 are just these for graphics... ;SYou might also like these that I made. I don't want to do a new topic just for them, and I update them weekly.

THE DICEROLLER

Edited by Destr
new_banner.png
Credit to Xanis for sprites in Avatar

I remember these!Welcome back, Destr! You bring your great art talent to this forum once again.Edit: Please see the Rules regarding generic posts. -Wind-Edit: I know. I'll find a problem, if I must...What's the story behind the Diceroller series?

Edited by Kodrak

not autistic

What's the story behind the Diceroller series?

Basically, the main character is hired to find an ancient artifact that is lost somewhere in the Underdark. That's only the main plot target, though. Don't expect it to be all about it ;p.I'll release 20 pages at once in next few weeks so there will be more to read.

Well, as I have forgotten the previous ones, I'll have to read them all once more... But I'm really glad that you're back. And I like the new comic.

Thanks, Alpha Templar!I'll try to release new Legend next week, and get more panels done on it than the original pages. Graphics might not improve much, though, only get more clean and plot easier to understand. Edited by Destr
new_banner.png

I'm going to release a comic in a day, so here's a few spoilers:spoilers_legend_dice.png(Both are not fully done yet)It'll be longer than average, I hope. Diceroller will have to wait, though, I'm only done with 15 pages out of 20, not counting color and text.

new_banner.png

I really like the style you are using in these comics, part hand drawn part sprites. However, your sprite sections need a little work, as it was hard for me to figure out what was happening. I think they were blending in with the other characters and the background a bit. But KUTGW!

Okay, first off, I absolutely love your art. The idea of combining hand-drawn images and sprites is crazy, but somehow it just works here. The transition is smooth and the characters are rendered well. The amount of work you put into each page (and indeed, each panel) is quite apparent. I'm linking this in my sig if only for the way you've brilliantly executed the concept.On that note, I'm quite disappointed that most of chapter 1 won't load for me. All it's giving me is 404's, though I suspect that it's my internet filter going ballistic on that image hosting site. Not your fault. I've been trying to piece it together from your Majhost and Brickshelf, but it still seems like some are missing. Oh well. : /Also, outdated qualm is outdated, but the dialogue in your earlier comics (at least from what I can see) is difficult to read. In certain instances the unusual text combined with the background forced me to strain my eyes to read it. You've certainly improved in places, it's just something to watch out for. ;) Like I said, I haven't been able to piece together the story because of my filter, so I don't have any thoughts to offer there.Keep up the good work. I'll be watching.

Edited by Kakaru

tumblr_inline_n50tp1mirL1r0vgjj.gif
「どこに行けばいいんだ・・・」「タ・コロ村はもうおしまいだ・・・」タ・コロ村の村人達
hey it's Studio Comic

Thanks for commenting guys!The comics might not load because of the site I put them on when majhost went down, I guess I'll reapload chapter 1 when I'll have the time.I'm aware that the dialogue is hard to read, I'm going to fix that in the next comic, but I doubt I'll have the time to go back to older comics and fix all the text, and I'm aware it sometimes has ridicilous typos like "dadfdaffdsa" in the older ones ;p.I'll try to make sprites more visible. On the last comic it was due to me overusing shadows, I guess, making gold blend in with the background.New comic sometime on saturday.

new_banner.png

• 3 weeks later...

Expect new Legend of Destr in a week or so.Edit: Please only deeplink images from that website. I fixed these links for you. Thank you!-Wind-

Edited by Destr
new_banner.png

• 4 months later...
destr_final_preview.jpgSorry for abandoning this for so long, but I had literaly no time! ;( And I can't continue The Legend of Destr further. So what I'm going to do is give it a cliffhanger finale. I will make 3 more comics, long, high quality, to make the end the best way I can. I would love to finish it to the end, but looking back at it, the story became very confusing, the characters didn't develop well and the whole thing felt plain to me. I can't correct this at this point in time, as I have spent 5 years with these comics, remaking them 3 times :>I might continue it as sketches, though. But first, the last 3 comics! I will try my best to finish by 20th of July.P.S. Sorry for double posting, but it seems I can't delete posts here and I needed to post this...
new_banner.png

I really have missed these comics. It's rare when a comic series actually draws my attention away from my own humble area.Since it's the final, I will keep a very-very- close watch on these. Mostly since I've known you for a long time, and it's sad to see these eventually end.Anyway.This is an interesting start to the final. Sort of a recap, which is fitting for such a long break from it.I find it funny how all the major/important characters are multi-shaded yet the background Matoran are simple two shaded.Oh look, a knocked out Gavla. Wonderful.Your close ups are still very good.

lovewarconga2.png

• 11 months later...