Question about MNOG II

BobaFett2

After completing MNOG I, I decided to revisit MNOG II. Eventually, I grew tired of manually training stats (it's a bit absurb how much you have to do just to beat Ko-Koro - even Onu-Koro gave me trouble after a little training (even though somehow it didn't give me any as a kid without any training).

I was wondering about a few things...

Are there any strategies in Kolhii which make things easier (other than letting your goalkeeper hold the ball once you're up in points, securing the game)

What do all of the stats you can train do? Clearly speed makes you faster. I assume that accuracy makes the ball travel to a point closer to where you click, and stamina is pretty obvious. The others I'm less clear about. I assume that willpower makes it harder to steal the ball from you (or easier to steal from your opponent), strength makes your ball harder to catch/go faster/more likely to stun the goalie, and strategy does...I have no idea what.

Is there a trick to beating the Willpower challenge? I was not able to beat it after trying six/seven times. I understand what to do, but it seems like there must be an easier way.

Lastly, when I reached the final tournament, the game screen turned black after I walked into the ring, even after refreshing it over and over. This is the Biomediaproject save version (download) and I was wondering if anyone knows a way to fix that (without just manually setting it so that it's already been completed). Apparently if I wait for long enough, it skips to the next thing - is that supposed to happen? Is there supposed to be a Kolhii match, or am I supposed to watch Mask of Light to see it?

The Legend Lives...

(it's a bit absurb how much you have to do just to beat Ko-Koro - even Onu-Koro gave me trouble after a little training (even though somehow it didn't give me any as a kid without any training).

I didn't have trouble as a kid either with beating Koros, but for some reason the downloadable version is harder. I guess it's partly due to the speed on the game. When online, it tends to be slower and easier to handle.

Are there any strategies in Kolhii which make things easier (other than letting your goalkeeper hold the ball once you're up in points, securing the game)

Follow the shadow of the ball instead of the ball instead. Avoid contact with the opposing player at all costs, especially if you have low strategy. Use geometry knowledge to select shorter run paths.

What do all of the stats you can train do? Clearly speed makes you faster. I assume that accuracy makes the ball travel to a point closer to where you click, and stamina is pretty obvious. The others I'm less clear about. I assume that willpower makes it harder to steal the ball from you (or easier to steal from your opponent), strength makes your ball harder to catch/go faster/more likely to stun the goalie, and strategy does...I have no idea what.

Strategy actually does what you said willpower might do: it makes it easier to steal and keep the ball. Willpower affects the time you recover in if you get stunned by a ball. Meaning that if you have high willpower, you get stunned less easily and you also recover from it faster. Strength is pretty clear, it makes you throw the ball faster and more likely to stun opponents, as you said. It also affects the probability of the goalkeeper of the other team capturing the ball when it's in contact with him.

Is there a trick to beating the Willpower challenge? I was not able to beat it after trying six/seven times. I understand what to do, but it seems like there must be an easier way.

The game is really hard. What I do is to select a focus point on Hahli's body - I use the vertical line in the middle of her chest - and try to slowly move the mouse left and right of that spot.

Lastly, when I reached the final tournament, the game screen turned black after I walked into the ring, even after refreshing it over and over. This is the Biomediaproject save version (download) and I was wondering if anyone knows a way to fix that (without just manually setting it so that it's already been completed). Apparently if I wait for long enough, it skips to the next thing - is that supposed to happen? Is there supposed to be a Kolhii match, or am I supposed to watch Mask of Light to see it?

Can't help you on that... the downloadable version is supposed to be 100% bug-free so that sounds strange.

I entered the final match and the screen turned black, taking me to a cutscene where Hahli and Maku were talking to Vakama. I'm going to assume that the final match wasn't played to get you to watch Mask of Light.

It's a great game. It reminded me of why I loved the first few years so much.

The Legend Lives...

Ah yes, there is no championship in the game. It's just a cutscene without the actual game. It sucks, but the reason is clear, cause LEGO wanted to save the good bits for the movie. That's why the ending doesn't make much sense either, unfortunately.

Still, it's a great game!