Set Review: 70812 Creative Ambush

Creative Ambush Teaser Image

You know what The LEGO Movie needs? A Creative Ambush. Oh wait, it already has that in 70812: Creative Ambush, where the Flying Kebab Stand and the Saloon Biplane fight off a Micro Manager. Is this a set to go out West to get, or should you toss it like a bad kebab? Read BZP Report Xccj's review, or watch his video, to find out!

View the full article

Good review!

I don't think President Business HAS business rivals, seeing as he has a monopoly on just about everything. Executive Ellen strikes me more as a board member for Octan who didn't toe the party line.

As for Octan being in the fast food industry, it doesn't surprise me. Even setting aside that it owns just about everything in Bricksburg, it's not uncommon for gas stations to have an adjunct convenience store/food service arm (for example, Sheetz).

This set is actually one of the ones I'm looking at getting. There are no main characters among the figs, meaning I wouldn't get yet another duplicate Emmet, but at the same time the figs there are filled with personality, unlike, say, the figs from the Trash Chomper, which while technically new still feel like old hat. The lack of alternate models really only inspires me to make my own, and I think the saloon biplane and flying kebab stand are some of the most vibrant of the "transformed vehicle" sets. The biplane has a piano in the back! How cool is that?

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

This set is actually one of the ones I'm looking at getting. There are no main characters among the figs, meaning I wouldn't get yet another duplicate Emmet, but at the same time the figs there are filled with personality, unlike, say, the figs from the Trash Chomper, which while technically new still feel like old hat. The lack of alternate models really only inspires me to make my own, and I think the saloon biplane and flying kebab stand are some of the most vibrant of the "transformed vehicle" sets. The biplane has a piano in the back! How cool is that?

Similar feelings here - upon first inspection this was one of the sets I was thinking of getting. It seemed like a lot of fun and had a good variety of styles. :)

photo-50441.gif

Credit to Pohuaki for the awesome banner! ^_^