• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Review Topic -- The Destiny of Bionicle

retelling

• Please log in to reply
163 replies to this topic

#161 Offline avmatoran

avmatoran
  • Members
  • Descending into Protodermis

• 1,087 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 25 2014 - 08:56 PM

I'm enjoying this story quite a lot. I personally hope it gets more exiting soon, though. Also, it should have been "us Matoran" at one point when you said "we Matoran". It's an object of a preposition, so it should be us. Sorry, my English teacher has trained me well.

76561198084608045.png

Γαρ επιστιμη!

Для науки!

For science!

(Literally, it means "For knowledge", but it can be taken as "For science")

#162 Offline fishers64

fishers64
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Mask of Light Unveiled

• 5,218 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Sep 25 2014 - 09:24 PM

*knowing eyebrow raise* Them theories above are looking better all the time. :evilgrin:

Chapter 28 - 30: *knowing eyebrow raise* Title for 30 feels like it fits with current events. :P

I like Hydraxon's comments about the Spinax. Koronga's moment with Mata Nui at the end was the saddest. I feel that the Koronga/Mata Nui communications are the saddest and haunting-est part of the whole epic. It overlays a lot of these other dryer events with a sort of rich pathos. 30's events and Koronga's delibrations over Movuak in 28 felt a little on the long side, even though 28 was dark and tightly moving along. 

I didn't like that the pirates got forgotten in here, though. Definitely wanted to see them clobbered after 28.

(I'll get to the nitpicky review later. I'm as blasted as you are with IRL bludgeoning at the moment; I'm just better at hiding it.  :P)

#163 Offline LanceMuch7

LanceMuch7
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 24 posts

Posted Sep 26 2014 - 12:53 AM

Once again, a great chapter.

Although, I see a major flaw in the Trial of Death if you can break the test by simply unscrewing an exposed bulb... Just seems like something the remotely intelligent could exploit.

Every hero is born from his enemy; every leader, his followers; and every father, his children.

IMG 1065 02

#164 Offline Takuta-Nui

Takuta-Nui
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Former Senior Staff

• 14,234 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Sep 29 2014 - 02:01 PM

Chapter 30 - "The flat of his staff came down and knocked the titan to his feet."

Did you mean "off his feet"? Wouldn't be a very effective attack if it helped the titan get back up. :P

Enjoyed the exploration of the Mask of Life's chambers and seeing how some of them really worked. I had forgotten about Umbra too (and now I remember the huge controversy over his colour scheme lol)... so fun to see all these characters from the Mask of Life arc for the first time, canonically!

The twist at the end is awesome. No matter how much he tries to fight destiny, it keeps on winding him into its own design and he's cursed to only remember parts of his vision after it's too late. And we really have only barely begun the history of the Matoran Universe... I wonder how this is going to affect his mind over the long term. Perhaps we'll see a period of madness and consequent inaction on his part, as he can't handle it anymore and retreats completely?

Dark Hunters haven't risen either yet, I think... there's still that to deal with.

avkeuox.jpg

Updated September 14!

An Update Blog on the Chrysalis Saga

By Takuta-Nui

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users