• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

How Should BIONICLE Be Brought Back?

• Please log in to reply
125 replies to this topic

#121 Offline Councilor Manducus

Councilor Manducus
  • Members
  • Gahlok-Kal Attacks!

• 07-December 09
  • 3,427 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 26 2014 - 07:07 PM

I want Bionicle back, don't get me wrong - But not in this day and age. It would probably get ruined. Lego would probably dumb it down like Hero Factory, give it little to no storyline, one dimensional characters, and seeing some of the things done in HF, I doubt the sets would be much better. Oh and they'd be made of HF pieces too. 

There's nothing wrong with HF pieces, lad.

I was thinking about a game instead of looking at the heroes perspective, why not the villains? But that concept would be too generic.

Edited by Regicidal Kaiser Manducus, Jul 26 2014 - 07:10 PM.

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

#122 Offline toa kopaka4372

toa kopaka4372
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 09-August 08
  • 3,048 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2014 - 05:26 AM

I'm hoping for a time skip, not a reboot. I love the original story too much to just leave it behind. Besides, a reboot would need to change a lot of important stuff to still work, and I'm not sure how that'd turn out. So I'm hoping for a 1,000 year time skip or something, where a group of characters traveled to a portion of Spherus Magna we haven't explored (like Bota Magna) and start the story from there. Just make a few references to the past when needed, but otherwise its a brand new story that doesn't require 10 years worth of story knowledge.

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.c...?showtopic=7351

#123 Offline Jakura Nuva

Jakura Nuva
  • Members
  • Encountering Protodermis

• 01-April 13
  • 852 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2014 - 09:55 AM

*Cough* MU romance *cough*

--- :hau: :akaku: :miru: :kaukau: :kakama: :pakari: ---

BZPRPG Profiles Here!

- The Outsiders -

BZPRPG Mercenary Organization

http://bzprpg.wikia.com/wiki/The_Outsiders

PM myself or Requiem if you wish to join our ranks!

#124 Offline Mr Caes

Mr Caes
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 21-February 04
  • 57 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 27 2014 - 08:06 PM

I had an idea for the story that allows the past universe to still be mostly canon, but won't overwhelm new fans. Just skip ahead in time a bit, like toa kopaka said above, until everybody is peacefully living on Spherus Magna together, then have a new threat (the Element Lords?) pop up that requires the Toa to defend everyone again. Simple enough for new fans to understand, and still have the original story intact if they want to delve deeper into it. The post-2010 serials may throw a wrench into this theory due to them being unresolved, though.

"You are what you dare."
                                                                  -Bornstellar Makes Eternal Lasting

#125 Offline graywolf89

graywolf89
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 17-July 14
  • 20 posts

Posted Jul 27 2014 - 10:27 PM

I'm hoping for a time skip, not a reboot. I love the original story too much to just leave it behind. Besides, a reboot would need to change a lot of important stuff to still work, and I'm not sure how that'd turn out. So I'm hoping for a 1,000 year time skip or something, where a group of characters traveled to a portion of Spherus Magna we haven't explored (like Bota Magna) and start the story from there. Just make a few references to the past when needed, but otherwise its a brand new story that doesn't require 10 years worth of story knowledge.

I kinda like the time skip idea. Maybe a Beast Wars-style TV show could suffice, with a more mature tone and dealing with issues like race (an inevitable problem in an agori/matoran society), organic vs technological, free-will vs predestination, whether the Toa code is still relevant in changing times, etc. I WOULD want the new story to be aimed at a slightly older audience, though. 

Edited by graywolf89, Jul 27 2014 - 10:27 PM.

#126 Offline MIY

MIY
  • Members
  • Soaring Champion

• 21-May 09
  • 497 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 28 2014 - 08:42 PM

A retelling with slight modifications.

Bionicle for 2015.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users