How Should BIONICLE Be Brought Back?

Dorkpool

I want Bionicle back, don't get me wrong - But not in this day and age. It would probably get ruined. Lego would probably dumb it down like Hero Factory, give it little to no storyline, one dimensional characters, and seeing some of the things done in HF, I doubt the sets would be much better. Oh and they'd be made of HF pieces too. 

There's nothing wrong with HF pieces, lad.

I was thinking about a game instead of looking at the heroes perspective, why not the villains? But that concept would be too generic.

Edited by Regicidal Kaiser Manducus

f495fc6cc0a66dd12aa49fce021072a1.gif

I'm hoping for a time skip, not a reboot. I love the original story too much to just leave it behind. Besides, a reboot would need to change a lot of important stuff to still work, and I'm not sure how that'd turn out. So I'm hoping for a 1,000 year time skip or something, where a group of characters traveled to a portion of Spherus Magna we haven't explored (like Bota Magna) and start the story from there. Just make a few references to the past when needed, but otherwise its a brand new story that doesn't require 10 years worth of story knowledge.

• Upvote 1

toakopaka.png
Credit goes to Linus Van Pelt (Formerly known as Cherixon) and Spectral Avohkii Enterprises

My Memoirs of the Dead entry, Reflectons:

http://www.bzpower.com/board/index.php?showtopic=7351

I had an idea for the story that allows the past universe to still be mostly canon, but won't overwhelm new fans. Just skip ahead in time a bit, like toa kopaka said above, until everybody is peacefully living on Spherus Magna together, then have a new threat (the Element Lords?) pop up that requires the Toa to defend everyone again. Simple enough for new fans to understand, and still have the original story intact if they want to delve deeper into it. The post-2010 serials may throw a wrench into this theory due to them being unresolved, though.

"You are what you dare."

-Bornstellar Makes Eternal Lasting

I'm hoping for a time skip, not a reboot. I love the original story too much to just leave it behind. Besides, a reboot would need to change a lot of important stuff to still work, and I'm not sure how that'd turn out. So I'm hoping for a 1,000 year time skip or something, where a group of characters traveled to a portion of Spherus Magna we haven't explored (like Bota Magna) and start the story from there. Just make a few references to the past when needed, but otherwise its a brand new story that doesn't require 10 years worth of story knowledge.

I kinda like the time skip idea. Maybe a Beast Wars-style TV show could suffice, with a more mature tone and dealing with issues like race (an inevitable problem in an agori/matoran society), organic vs technological, free-will vs predestination, whether the Toa code is still relevant in changing times, etc. I WOULD want the new story to be aimed at a slightly older audience, though. 

Edited by graywolf89