Free Balloon Cart From Shop.LEGO.com

Itching to get some of the new summer LEGO sets, but want something to sweeten the deal? Then you might be interested in Shop LEGO's June deal! If you spend $75 or more, you get 40108 Balloon Cart for free, and you'd qualify for free shipping too. It will make a good addition to the new Fairground Mixer model, or it could be an extra to your purchase of Guardians of the Galaxy or Ultra Agents sets. But while this deal lasts the full month in Europe, you only have until June 15th to take advantage of it in North America, so better make your order soon!

View the full article

• Upvote 1

Lego always has the worst deals on the planet.

Through Shop at Home, they kind of have to. They can't offer deep discounts for current sets lest they risk offending their retail partners (Toys R Us, Amazon, etc.) by undercutting their prices. Hence freebies like this (which is not a bad set by any means, and goes well with the Fairground Mixer) or the VIP program, which offers credit for future purchases rather than lowering the price of individual sets.

• Upvote 1

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Yeah, I know, but it's always something along the lines of "pay 75 bucks and get this dinky set that no one else wanted".

I wouldn't call them "dinky sets no one else wanted". I believe most of these sets are designed with promotions like these in mind.

Some LEGO Shop offers even include exclusive minifigures you can't get in any other sets, like Hulk, TC-14, Shadow ARF Trooper, Han Solo (Hoth), Jor-El, Clone Trooper Lieutenant, TC-4, Darth Revan, Martian Manhunter, and Flashback Shredder.

I wouldn't complain one bit if this were released through one of these deals. In fact, it might be enough to encourage me to make a purchase that month — even though it contains no exclusive parts.

Now, obviously one of these sets that didn't feature any exclusive parts would not make the difference between "buying LEGO" and "not buying LEGO". But for most of us, we're committed to buying LEGO anyway, so all it has to influence is where and when we buy it. Throw in VIP points, sales on older sets (as an example, several items are now at half price or lower on the Sales and Deals page for the US), and the LEGO Shop starts to look pretty enticing.

• Upvote 2

Now, obviously one of these sets that didn't feature any exclusive parts would not make the difference between "buying LEGO" and "not buying LEGO". But for most of us, we're committed to buying LEGO anyway, so all it has to influence is where and when we buy it. Throw in VIP points, sales on older sets (as an example, several items are now at half price or lower on the Sales and Deals page for the US), and the LEGO Shop starts to look pretty enticing.

$11.00 for a business card holder: Seriously? I'm hardly counting that a deal. (Although it's still cool and I want it anyway. :P)

I don't know, but unless I wanted a really big set like Benny's Spaceship I'd hardly want to pay $75 for Lego all in one fell swoop. And then the exclusive set gets overshadowed by the set I really wanted and eventually gets sold at a garage sale or given away.

$11.00 for a business card holder: Seriously? I'm hardly counting that a deal. (Although it's still cool and I want it anyway. :P)

Forget the business card holder! A Fairy Tale, a.k.a. BEST DUPLO SET, is just three dollars and forty-eight cents (down from nearly four times that)! If you have any infants in your family, buy that set. Buy it right now. Because there is nothing quite so fun as reading them the rhyming adventures of Prince Jake, Princess Rose, and Jed the Dragon. Castles! Cute animals! PROGRESSIVE GENDER ROLES! This book has it all!

In all seriousness I bought this for like seven bucks at Goodwill for my baby cousin a couple months ago and it is actually quite amazing. She loved it and even learned the characters' names! If you want something more an adult's speed, Ogrum is 50% off. Great set. It was my first of the Brain Attack sets and it has all kinds of cool parts, including rare colors like Tr. Bright Green, Earth Green, and Reddish Brown. That one does say "call to check product availability", though, so there might not be a whole lot of them left. And then there's the business card holder. You can never have too many printed letter tiles. NEVER.

• Upvote 2