• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Twitter Role playing Thread

Thread Role Play Twitter

• This topic is locked This topic is locked
4 replies to this topic

#1 Offline BlackIronAlchemist

BlackIronAlchemist
  • Members
  • Inhabitant

• 22-April 14
  • 19 posts

Posted Jul 05 2014 - 12:56 PM

So I want to start up a thread about Role playing on twitter, but I have a couple of questions before I create this thread:

1. Can I talk about this subject on BZPower?

2. Where can I post a subject like this if I can talk about it on BZPower?

#2 Offline ~Shockwave~

~Shockwave~
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Emerging Fluidic Master

• 08-March 10
  • 1,214 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 05 2014 - 01:15 PM

I believe something like that needs to be approved. Unless you mean having a thread discussing roleplaying taking place on twitter. I don't think there's any rules against it. I'm honestly not sure how discussing roleplaying on social media would go, it seems like just by it's nature it wouldn't be terribly productive to discuss it here. 

fs_overall.png

3DS Freind Code: 1693-0634-1082 Name: Joey

I also have Mario Kart 7, Animal Crossing: New Leaf, Pokemon Y and Kid Icarus: Uprising

PM me to add me. 

Steam profile

Click here for the BZP Destiny Group

#3 Offline Kopekemaster

Kopekemaster
  • Members
  • Submerged!

• 22-October 11
  • 1,167 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 05 2014 - 01:33 PM

Are you saying basically an under-140-characters-per-post version of the BZPRPG on Twitter? That sounds fun.

I'd think you'd have to ask about it, first, though. Of course, you are kind of already doing that, here. Let's see what a staff member says.

ezgif-save.gif

My Writing Blog (Updated frequently)

My Bionicle/LEGO Blog (Updated frequently)

BZPower Chronicles, my BZP comedy. ~~Finished!~~

Species, my dystopian Bionicle story and its respective Review Topic.

May both Mata Nui and Ekimu be with you, traveler, and let not Makuta shed shadow on your way.

#4 Offline GSR

GSR
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Book Badger

• 18-January 03
  • 1,084 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jul 05 2014 - 01:35 PM

First off, yup, Twitter's fair game - we loosened a lot of our external site/social media rules a while ago (though I think Twitter was good even before then.)

Anyway, like Shockwave says, it depends on what you're looking to do with the thread.  I'm guessing by Twitter roleplaying you mean people creating IC Twitter accounts and posting/interacting there? In that case, I agree it's a bit tricky to figure out where to put it - truth be told, my first instinct would be a blog post or something like that, but that requires Premier Membership.  The main issue is that since the actual RPing would be taking place off-site, it's tough to imagine much on-site discussion besides "share your character's handle" and some OOC chatter.

I can tell you it wouldn't fit in the RPG forums, since those are designed for play-by-post style forum-based RPGs, sorry.  Other staffies - any thoughts? If this is worth a dedicated thread, my gut instinct would be Completely Off Topic.

(As an aside, I've done some BZPRPG Twitter-based stuff with friends, but we handled all the discussion for that off-site.)

Edited by GSR, Jul 05 2014 - 01:35 PM.

#5 Offline -Windrider-

-Windrider-
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Global Moderators
  • Literally Kagome

• 05-February 03
  • 5,638 posts
  •   BZP Staff

Posted Jul 05 2014 - 01:47 PM

If you're just discussing the role-playing medium, then I would say COT.

If you're organizing a game with BZPower members, then...OTC? Might have to ask Makaru about that.

Edit: Seems COT has been chosen. I'm okay with that!

Question answered, topic closed.

Edited by -Windrider-, Jul 07 2014 - 08:18 PM.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users