• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Toys 'R' Us BOGO Sale

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 1,264 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 13 2014 - 07:20 AM

From today through next Saturday, July 19th, Toys 'R' Us is having a Buy-One-Get-One 40% Off sale on all LEGO Star Wars, The Hobbit (and Lord of the Rings), Super Heroes, Legends of Chima, and Disney Princess sets. One set to consider is the LEGO Chima Combo Pack which includes Laval's Royal Fighter and Worriz's Combat Lair for only $60! The offer is good online and in stores, so get shopping!

View the full article

#2 Online Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,775 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 13 2014 - 09:47 AM

That Combo Pack price is INSANE. The Combat Lair on its own was worth more than that new, and having it I can confirm that it was a good value back then. I would encourage anyone and everyone who has $60 to burn on Lego to consider that amazing deal. If I didn't already have one of those sets, you can be sure I would.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#3 Online Vorahk1Panrahk2

Vorahk1Panrahk2
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Toa Nuva Defeated

• 3,903 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 13 2014 - 12:11 PM

Oh how I wish our Toys R' Us didn't close down...

But, yowzers, that is a good deal for the combo pack. Nice deals on some of those other sets, too, even if they aren't as dramatic.

kellssunset.jpg

BZPRPG Profiles

#4 Offline keiththelegokid

keiththelegokid
  • Members
  • Tohunga

• 55 posts

Posted Jul 13 2014 - 04:54 PM

How does Toys R Us decide which set gets the 40% treatment?

Check out Emmets Constructo-Spaceship

http://www.us.lego.c...1f-0b1050ed347f

#5 Offline Ballom

Ballom
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Great Disks Recovered

• 9,521 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Jul 13 2014 - 05:57 PM

Wow, that combo pack does seem like an incredible bargain. Too bad I won't be by a Toys R Us anytime soon.

~B~

Edited by Ballom, Jul 13 2014 - 05:58 PM.

sands_banner.jpg

#6 Online Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 1,775 posts
  •  

Posted Jul 13 2014 - 06:22 PM

How does Toys R Us decide which set gets the 40% treatment?

The same way most sales are determined. It's a combination of which sets they need to clear out most and which ones are popular and likely to get peoples' feet in the door. Chima likely falls into both categories—it's a popular theme but there's also probably plenty of overstock from last year. As for The Hobbit, the primary reason is likely to clear room for the much-awaited wave of sets from the next movie, which will feature Smaug.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users