Reading Order

Jck

Oh God.

Start with Decadence. Then The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet. Then Birth of a Dark Hunter. Then the Adventures series, but skip the prologue and epilogue. Read the 2004/2005 comics concurrently. Then go read the three winning short stories of 1000 years untold on BS01. Then read the Chronicles and 2001-2003 comics concurrently. Then the prologue and epilogue of the Adventure series. Then the Legends. Don't ask how all the 2008 serials go in time order; not even Greg Farshtey knows. Then Raid on Vulcanus. Then the 2009 comics; then TLR. Then the 2010 serials, then Journey's End. Then read the rest of the serials.

That's the simple version. I recommend BS01's timeline for more details.

• Upvote 1

Reading them in order of publication date, maybe?

~B~

What it the pub. date order? 

The publication date accidentally the order.

In all seriousness, though, I assume you meant to say "is" instead, so by publication order I meant reading stuff based on the time the content was produced, in contrast to reading it in chronological story order as SkeletonMan recommends.

~B~

• Upvote 1

Reading them in order of publication date, maybe?

~B~

What it the pub. date order? 

The publication date accidentally the order.

In all seriousness, though, I assume you meant to say "is" instead, so by publication order I meant reading stuff based on the time the content was produced, in contrast to reading it in chronological story order as SkeletonMan recommends.

~B~

Oh ok. Thanks

virux4.5-500.jpg

i'm not sure if another opinion is needed here, but hey, i'll throw one in anyway. you should definitely NOT read the story in chronological order - it'll ruin just about every major plot twist, and probably will actually make less sense. reading in order of publication, however, ensures that you're reading at least the main storyline as intended. plus there's the added benefit of having those nice little 'aha' moments when something in a serial ties into a major event from something you've already read.

Oh God.

Start with Decadence. Then The Many Deaths of Toa Tuyet. Then Birth of a Dark Hunter. Then the Adventures series, but skip the prologue and epilogue. Read the 2004/2005 comics concurrently. Then go read the three winning short stories of 1000 years untold on BS01. Then read the Chronicles and 2001-2003 comics concurrently. Then the prologue and epilogue of the Adventure series. Then the Legends. Don't ask how all the 2008 serials go in time order; not even Greg Farshtey knows. Then Raid on Vulcanus. Then the 2009 comics; then TLR. Then the 2010 serials, then Journey's End. Then read the rest of the serials.

That's the simple version. I recommend BS01's timeline for more details.

That's chronological, but not at all a good order to read them in. That would be like watching Death of a Salesman with all the flashbacks first, then all the present-day scenes after.

Start with 2001, there are comics (#1-3), a book (Chronicles #1) , and The Mata Nui Online Game. You can do any of those first, it doesn't matter. they all run parallel.

Then after everything from 2001 is done read 2002 comics (#4-8), flash animations and book (Chronicles #2). Again, which of those you start with doesnt matter, just as long as you finish all of 2001 first and don't start 2003 'til you're done.

in 2003, I'd do all the Bohrok Kal related stuff first there are comics (#9-12) flash animations and books (Chronicles #3 and #4).

Then all the rahkshi/mask of light stuff: The Mata Nui Online Game II first, then comics #13 and #14 and then the movie, then comic #15. (There's also a book but it's exactly the same story as the movie)

Come ask again after you do all that. 2004 gets complicated.

• Upvote 1