Star Wars HF Knockoffs

Steve the Squid

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/4pcs-lot-Super-Heroes-Factory-Star-Wars-assembling-Building-Blocks-Sets-Classic-Toys-ompatible-With-Lego/2005611632.html

O9T8UON.png

Some new hero factory knockoffs have surfaced (I've actually known about these for about a month, just recently found them cheap and more readily accessible), which are exact replicas of an old cuusoo project. Whether this means that a chinese company stole this, bought it out, or was the original poster will probably never be revealed, but what we do know is that it has some great parts for people who have no qualms about non-purism.

They're on sale now to whoever's interested. I'll probably get them eventually, but I figure somebody else should get them too, since they really deserve a good review, and I'm a bit... awful at reviews. I'll just leave that to somebody competent.

Anyway, they don't take paypal or amex which is why I'm not springing on them right now, I won't have a mastercard until at least another week. After that I'll likely buy them.

Just a word of warning, there's been some people who have had bad experiences on aliexpress, as it is based entirely in china, and that's of course going to come with its own issues. But from what research I've done, it seems that as long as the seller isn't sketchy, and you're not buying anything expensive or in bulk, you're unlikely to run into problems. Furthermore, it seems to me that if a company was out to scam on that website, they would either be selling something that more people are interested in, or claiming to sell a wide range of products. Such a niche product isn't exactly scam worthy. I've bought plenty from china, and been fully satisfied by everything except delivery times, which will of course be a while. So just buy with caution.

Regardless of whether people are interested in buying, it's certainly interesting to see such a product. Clearly constraction is still lucrative, enough so that third party companies don't even have to rip off lego to thrive.

• Upvote 2

animated_icon_by_modaltmasks-d6shs5w.gifmodalt_banner.png 76561198054169989.png

Interesting, very interesting. There are certainly some strange things about them, like the random silver leg on 3PO and that bizarre wide-eyed look to Vader. Still, the parts look pretty useful indeed, although I bet the quality is quite a bit worse than genuine Lego.

Also, you can only buy the pack of all four? That's odd. Someone should buy a few and give them out individually as contest prizes.

~B~

• Upvote 2

These were prototype designs for Star Wars constraction sets somebody made for a Lego Cuusoo project. The company who made these must have stolen those designs. Why can't people just stop stealing designs and making cheap knock-off items? It's like they don't think we'll notice if they steal designs, but we know.

Interesting, very interesting. There are certainly some strange things about them, like the random silver leg on 3PO and that bizarre wide-eyed look to Vader. Still, the parts look pretty useful indeed, although I bet the quality is quite a bit worse than genuine Lego.

Also, you can only buy the pack of all four? That's odd. Someone should buy a few and give them out individually as contest prizes.

~B~

I got a knockoff stormer 3.0 on ebay a while back from china. The quality is definitely much worse than lego, but it's hard to tell unless you're actually holding it, so I doubt people would notice in pictures or display. Also, it's not the brittle plastic that was used for old bionicle knockoffs, so it doesn't break too easy. Hopefully that's what they used for these, although I think it's a different brand.

And yeah I wish they were separate. I think I did find them separate a few weeks back on a chinese website, and for much cheaper, but I'm making assumptions based on what I could glean from google translate.

And yeah, contest prizes would be awesome! (Hint hint, bzp!)

By the way, the silver leg on C-3PO should be there. I haven't seen the movies in a while, but I assume it's gotta be from some part, because the official lego technic C-3PO set also has a silver leg (which was quite an annoyance for those of us that like pairs of technic panels!) 

These were prototype designs for Star Wars constraction sets somebody made for a Lego Cuusoo project. The company who made these must have stolen those designs. Why can't people just stop stealing designs and making cheap knock-off items? It's like they don't think we'll notice if they steal designs, but we know.

Yes, I know. I said that in the first sentence of my post, which apparently you didn't read. I'd like to hope that the person who made the cuusoo project sold the files to a chinese company, and either got a good chunk of money for a project which would otherwise have gotten him nothing, or is making some royalties off it. I also think it's likely that the project was created by a chinese company/individual in the first place, because I find it surprising that the creator didn't post about his project on sites like BZP or Eurobricks (at least, I assume he didn't.) I'm hopeful that they didn't steal the designs, and anyway, I think it would be rather hard to steal the design of something that doesn't exist! XD

This reminds me of those Ninjago knockoffs that surfaced a while ago. Interesting stuff... is Fett's armor sand green and dark red?

Buy some for me

Sure looks like it. I'd like to see a comparison, though I'd buy it even if it wasn't an exact match to lego's colors

If you pay me, sure

How much? I need that Boba Fett!!

The price is on the page. Just click the link.

Those are some weird green and purple squiggles(?) on Vader's legs.

Didn't notice that at first, but it's only on that one picture. In that picture, the other 3 sets have numbers in front of them, so I'd guess it's some weird graphical error. The large pictures below don't have the squiggles.