Mata Nui - Knight in Shining Armor

OnuaNut

15723735086_7f5dfd2552_o.jpg

"The final battle is here! The gallant knight Mata Nui gears up andsets off to slay the evil beast, Makuta!"

I started out to make a revamp of the (titan) Toa Mata Nui, but I got to liking the idea of a revamped Toa-sized Mata Nui to go along with my work-in-progress Makuta.

I was aiming for the look of a knight (Mata Nui) going to slay the pesky dragon (Makuta) and ultimately incorporate more gold pieces than Toa Mata Nui did (Though that doesn't take much  :P ). 

Main Photo

Portrait

Close-up with shield

Without weapons

Flickr album

:pakari:

Edited by OnuaNut
  • Upvote 3
[ blog ] onuanutbannermnolgstyle.jpg  [ Flickr ]

Nice, I think the gold is an improvement over the original canister which was somewhat OTT with that bright light orange! The clock seems to detract somewhat from his inate goodness though imo. The solid black is such a dark contrast to the rest of this nice bright 'pure' build. 

Are you still planning a revamp of the Titan form? Ever since I got my hands on one of those sets I've wanted to see it done properly, in three dimensions instead of the paper thin torso we got from the official product...

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

Are you still planning a revamp of the Titan form? Ever since I got my hands on one of those sets I've wanted to see it done properly, in three dimensions instead of the paper thin torso we got from the official product...

Not actively, but it's still a project I still really want to do in the future. A small part of the reason I put the idea "on the shelf" was due to a lack of gold parts, I'd like to keep going with it once I acquire more. Ideally I would do less black, no yellow, and more gold and "Keetongorange". :pakari:

Edited by OnuaNut
[ blog ] onuanutbannermnolgstyle.jpg  [ Flickr ]