MOC: Searider.

D3C17700-DBF4-407C-93FE-5FA47FD9F784_zps

She was once an abusive ruler of an oppressed people, until one day the people, fed up with all her restrictions, staged a coup that cost Searider her arm-and nearly her life! Now she wanders across the wastelands, seeking forgiveness for her horrible crimes.

Her severed arm sits atop a pole in the people's plaza, a sign to all those who seek to control through force.

EDIT: Fixed the lighting and redid the prosthetic.

Edited by ToaSalvus

Interesting MOC. It's always neat seeing a MOC built with a "retro" style. I wish the photo were lit better — it's hard to determine how well the colors work when you can't see them clearly. They look all right to me, though.

Generally, I'm not fond of Bohrok feet for Toa-sized models, because the heel is as long as the toes.

Proportions are mostly good, but the one thing that bothers me the most is the left arm. The idea of a prosthetic arm is pretty cool (and the mechanical textures on that arm compared to the smoother textures of the rest of the model really help drive home the idea that the left arm is a prosthetic), but the extremely small size compared to the right arm looks rather awkward. I feel like one of these might look better.

Also, Searider is a cool name! And I love the idea of a former villain seeking redemption. So many MOC backstories involve a hero being corrupted or turning villainous, but few people explore the idea of an evil character trying to atone, which I think is much more interesting. :)

I'm not a big fan of the left arm nor the Bohrok feet, but I guess it works. Basically what Aanchir said about that.

As for the colors, they're okay. It's hard to tell with the lighting, but it seems like the colors are distributed pretty well. 

The name is pretty cool, and I love it when the bad guys become good, and then the good become bad. It makes for some pretty interesting story dynamics.

http://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gifhttp://i.imgur.com/O8CcqC5.pnghttp://i.imgur.com/kbP5Svg.gif

Thanks!

I will have to add a better pic, lighting is not something I have the best of. It's hard to tell nu the colors are primarily shades of blue and stone grey. (Hope it's not too Ga-Toa ish), I do have that part you recommend in black, so I will have to add it on. I was going to use Mata feet, but they look too big.

I wanted to do something more than your typical "I was good, but my greed/selfishness/pride drove me down the path of darkness!" Thing so common in many, what the term? Mary Sues. I was inspired by the Halo character Medicant Bias, who turned against his masters and was entombed in a desert, and wished to atone for his sins.

No. The feet are amazing, donotdis, I infact have the exact same feet on the first MOC I ever built, along with the most OP MOC I ever built, and my titan-sized self MOC, I love those feet!!!

Well, either way, the MOC itself is pretty solid, I just don't like the mask too much, but then again, I haven't ever liked that mask, on anything really, the backstory's different than most are used to,

No. The feet are amazing, donotdis, I infact have the exact same feet on the first MOC I ever built, along with the most OP MOC I ever built, and my titan-sized self MOC, I love those feet!!!

Well, either way, the MOC itself is pretty solid, I just don't like the mask too much, but then again, I haven't ever liked that mask, on anything really, the backstory's different than most are used to,

It's the only mask I had in blue and grey.