Protector + Toa Combinations

Hello. I've been shadowing these boards every now and then for a little while now and finally decided to join. I actually found out about this forum from seeing the combiner form for Kopaka in the app/game and frantically searching google for info on it. I actually managed to make Kopaka's form and Tahu's but never tried Onua's. 

This leaves the last 3 toa without any combiner form. Since it was finals week and I had several papers due, I decided to create psudo-combiners myself for those three. I'm not entirely done with these, but I'll post what I've managed so far. These are nowhere near official designs. 

I guess I'll start with Pohatu. 

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

The original Pohatu from gen 1 was built upside-down, I initially wanted to flip Pohatu to match that, but I wasn't getting any solid progress. IMO, Tahu's combiner form feels more robotic and futuristic, Kopaka's feels more like an angel and Onua's feels more primal. I decided to give him four arm's instead so that his shortness would be kept as a quality.

The alterations I made included more arms and armour, two borrowed yellow pieces (from Gali) to flip his boomerangs around his arms, broader shoulders, and a modified gearbox for dual action. 

Gali: 

Image 1

Image 2

Image 3

I was using pieces from the Protectors of Water and the Forest for something else, so my usable pieces for Gali and Lewa were more limited. Gali was inspired by an octopus, since they both involve the water. It doesn't look like much is changed from the front image, but in the second and back images you can tell. I didn't do as much with Gali as I did the others since I was less sure what to change. Although Tahu doesn't change too much for his combiner either.

Lewa: 

Image 1

Image 2

I forgot to take a picture of the back for Lewa.

Major alterations include removing the shoulder spikes and lowering the gearbox; this allows for better head/neck movement. The axes have been placed instead to change them to wings. The second image is in a silly pose, but I wanted to demonstrate that the second set of arms are both part of the wings and movable as well. 

• Upvote 1