The Protectors' Weapons

So, there's something I was wondering about the Protectors: those weapons they have. You know, the 2015 launcher (which I'm not sure has a name). Are those things attached to them organically, or can they be separated from the Protector? If the latter, then why not disassemble the weapon, find out what makes it tick, then hand one out to every villager or a specialized squad (think Ta-Koro Guard) to combat the Skull Spiders? And even if that can't be done, why aren't the Protectors teaming up and going after the Skull Spiders? Based on the animations, they can hold their own pretty well. Sure, they eventually got overwhelmed, but that's because they were facing a giant horde. And even then, it was just one Protector.

Also, where did they get those things? Did Ekimu make them or something?

The Nerd With a Mouth. The Klingon-Speaking Comedian. The Guy Hoping Not To Get Sued By Marvel. The Guy Who Makes Jokes About Bad Creepypasta Stories. The Guy Who Also Writes About The Truth of BIONICLE...sort of.
Vezpool for president 2016

4352268.jpg

Supposedly some kind of ancient technology from the City, since we see the undead Skull Warriors using a variation if it. The blasters are all artificial, yes. In the cases of Fire and Earth, the blasters are fixed on their armor, and can be removed as easily as that can. They may not be able to recreate it out in the wilderness because they lack the tools and materials, rather than intelligence and skill to do so.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Supposedly some kind of ancient technology from the City, since we see the undead Skull Warriors using a variation if it. The blasters are all artificial, yes. In the cases of Fire and Earth, the blasters are fixed on their armor, and can be removed as easily as that can. They may not be able to recreate it out in the wilderness because they lack the tools and materials, rather than intelligence and skill to do so.

Oh. Makes sense.

The Nerd With a Mouth. The Klingon-Speaking Comedian. The Guy Hoping Not To Get Sued By Marvel. The Guy Who Makes Jokes About Bad Creepypasta Stories. The Guy Who Also Writes About The Truth of BIONICLE...sort of.
Vezpool for president 2016

4352268.jpg

So, there's something I was wondering about the Protectors: those weapons they have. You know, the 2015 launcher (which I'm not sure has a name). Are those things attached to them organically, or can they be separated from the Protector? If the latter, then why not disassemble the weapon, find out what makes it tick, then hand one out to every villager or a specialized squad (think Ta-Koro Guard) to combat the Skull Spiders? And even if that can't be done, why aren't the Protectors teaming up and going after the Skull Spiders? Based on the animations, they can hold their own pretty well. Sure, they eventually got overwhelmed, but that's because they were facing a giant horde. And even then, it was just one Protector.

Also, where did they get those things? Did Ekimu make them or something?

I assume the main reason the blasters aren't distributed to the other villagers is that they're powered by the elemental powers of the Protectors' masks. It's entirely possible that the blasters could be reverse-engineered, but without a sufficient source of elemental power they'd be useless.

The Protectors joining up to go after the Skull Spiders directly is probably a really, really bad idea. Not only are the Skull Spiders incredibly numerous, but they're also spread all over the island. Even assuming that united the Protectors could hold their own against the spiders, assembling in any one location would leave at least five of the six villages almost totally defenseless. And remember, Skull Spiders can control villagers and use them for their own army—unless the Protectors want to have to fight the very people they're sworn to protect, defending the villages should remain their number-one priority.

As for where the Protectors' weapons come from... well, we don't know. But assuming they've been passed down since the villagers still populated the Ancient City, Ekimu having made them is as good a guess as any.

• Upvote 3

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

Perhaps the villagers have the same mentality as matoran, whereas they never fight and prefer to huddle and wait for 6 elemental heroes 

audio_narration_project_banner_wide.jpg

Bionicle: ANP aims to create narrated versions of all the Bionicle books, with voice actors for each character, and music taken from various media to enhance the story. Check here if you're interested in voicing a character, and here for the chapters that've already been released!

Formerly: Tahu Nuva 3.0

Looking for a Bionicle Beanie. Black one with the symbol on it. Contact me if you are willing to sell

Perhaps the villagers have the same mentality as matoran, whereas they never fight and prefer to huddle and wait for 6 elemental heroes

But... The Matoran did fight. They organised military factions and led raids against their enemies when they could. The only time we've seen the Matoran as a dosile faction while under threat, they built Vahki to protect them (even from themselves).
  • Upvote 4

The Protectors joining up to go after the Skull Spiders directly is probably a really, really bad idea. Not only are the Skull Spiders incredibly numerous, but they're also spread all over the island. Even assuming that united the Protectors could hold their own against the spiders, assembling in any one location would leave at least five of the six villages almost totally defenseless. And remember, Skull Spiders can control villagers and use them for their own army—unless the Protectors want to have to fight the very people they're sworn to protect, defending the villages should remain their number-one priority.

plus,their already sizable respective skull spider hordes would be multiplied and grouped together.

• Upvote 1

check out my totally ORIGINAL youtube channel, Below Average Geeks!  I'm trying something different.its very small, so comments will be noticed and read.

just a poll.on a scale of one to ten, how likely are you to read a webcomic based on just this title: 'Neon Laser Dragons.'?

see these guys?

0VlbJ.gif  AjzI5.gif msLAB.gif cr1zz.gif

alrighty bros, listen up.

my lightning dragon is lonely.

click dis bebe dergen pls.

i know its dumb.

jus do it pls.for me, a'ight?

',:]

my Skrall--er, scroll.