LEGO Star Wars Retrospective Continues

Hapori Tohu

Christian Faber is at it again, sharing some more intriguing information about the original development of LEGO Star Wars. Head over to the Faber Files to check out Flashback - The LEGO and Star Wars collaboration - part 4, where he talks about the final packaging design and the reasoning for some of the choices. It's interesting to see how things most people take for granted, like the black bars simulating the widescreen aspect ratio of the movies, add that sense of connection to the sets. And getting to work with original Star Wars assets seems awesome and a huge honor!

View the full article

I actually got a couple of these sets! :)

Anyways, its really neat reading about what went into making the artwork on the boxes. Using a widescreen format on the front of the boxes, like how the movies were shown in theaters, was a cool way to callback to said movies. 

Everyone is one choice away from being the bad guy in another person's story.

pc0lX6T.png

I actually got a couple of these sets! :)

Anyways, its really neat reading about what went into making the artwork on the boxes. Using a widescreen format on the front of the boxes, like how the movies were shown in theaters, was a cool way to callback to said movies. 

It also reminds me of another feature of those early sets—the instructions featured screenshots from relevant parts of the movies along the top of every page. It was a neat feature, and helpful to kids like myself who had only seen the actual movies once or twice when the sets first came out.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother