Lego LDD unknown patch

Toa of Ice - 1987

Its been a while since i last used ldd but today it asked me to install patch version 4.9.3, which i have never had since last year.

does anyoone know when this patch was released and if any new pieces were added?

EDIT: i've seen the new 2016 toa eyestalk (short version but no head for it) and skull villain bone limb piece have been added, but havent spotted anything else

Edited by necross hordika

qs3135.jpg

Its been a while since i last used ldd but today it asked me to install patch version 4.9.3, which i have never had since last year.

does anyoone know when this patch was released and if any new pieces were added?

EDIT: i've seen the new 2016 toa eyestalk (short version but no head for it) and skull villain bone limb piece have been added, but havent spotted anything else

It was released on March 14th. It's a very substantial update, though it doesn't have EVERYTHING that's been released IRL since the previous update. Eurobricks member Superkalle created a file that has all the new part designs if you're interested in seeing everything that was added. There's also a significant number of new prints, including minifigure prints, 1x1 letter tiles, and more.

In terms of Bionicle, it has everything from last year apart from masks, heads, both new shell add-ons, Tahu/Kopaka's sword piece, and Onua's claws. The only new Bionicle part from this year that's included is the new "gear-axle" from the Creatures.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

It was released on March 14th. It's a very substantial update, though it doesn't have EVERYTHING that's been released IRL since the previous update. Eurobricks member Superkalle created a file that has all the new part designs if you're interested in seeing everything that was added. There's also a significant number of new prints, including minifigure prints, 1x1 letter tiles, and more.

In terms of Bionicle, it has everything from last year apart from masks, heads, both new shell add-ons, Tahu/Kopaka's sword piece, and Onua's claws. The only new Bionicle part from this year that's included is the new "gear-axle" from the Creatures.

That link doesn't work. Just led me to an error page.

~Your friendly, neighborhood Shadow

sotpbanner.png

~Credit for Avatar and Banner goes to

NickonAquaMagna~

Still even if it has a 2016 as a year late year for a recent update. I wonder why so many parts such as weapons and parts from bionicle G1 (including a lot of masks heads and weapons 2002-2006 have still never been releases to this day.) I mean the program is practically a virtual catalog/building playground and yet so much is not available?

Edited by necross hordika

qs3135.jpg

That link doesn't work. Just led me to an error page.

Huh, that's weird. Maybe it only works for Eurobricks members? Well if that doesn't work, try this. It's a PDF that lists all the new parts. Maybe not quite as useful, but it should allow you to look up which parts are new.

Still even if it has a 2016 as a year late year for a recent update. I wonder why so many parts such as weapons and parts from bionicle G1 (including a lot of masks heads and weapons 2002-2006 have still never been releases to this day.) I mean the program is practically a virtual catalog/building playground and yet so much is not available?

The answer to that is that LDD is developed by a small team which, ever since the discontinuation of the Design By Me program that allowed people to purchase models built on LDD, has had a very small budget. They don't have the time or the resources to add every part (at least, not all at once), so they're forced to prioritize—and that means there's less emphasis on retired parts that are of less use to modern builders, extremely complex parts that would take a disproportionate amount of time and effort to model, and parts with a niche audience that mostly consists of fans of a single theme. Most G1 Bionicle parts tick all three of those boxes.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother