Original Toa vs. Toa Nuva: Which is Worth More?

TheFerg714

Hey, sorry to be that guy that joins a message board just to ask one question, but I have a slight conundrum, and I really have no idea who to ask, or if this is even the right place to ask said question...

Anyway.. I used to be a huge Bionicle fan when I was a kid.  I have quite the collection, especially of the stuff that came out between 2001 and 2004.  I plan on selling most, if not all, of them, but I would like to keep a few just for nostalgia's sake.  I'm specifically curious about (as the title suggests) whether the original Toa or Toa Nuva are worth more.  I have a complete set of both, with all of the pieces, but no instructions or canisters.  I do have the canister and instructions for Pohatu Nuva however.

Thank you!

• 4 weeks later...

The Mata are slightly older and arguably better sets for being more diverse. All the Nuva have in their favor is dual-action weapons and, since the Toa have been in that form for most of the story, I would say the Nuva are more iconic and story-relevant. But the Mata's benefits seem more valid from a resale perspective.

"You are an absolute in these uncertain times. Your past is forgotten, and your
future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer.
"
-- Turaga Nokama

nichijou2.jpg

Click here to visit my library!

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

To me, I would pay more for the Mata than i would for the Nuva, probably just because i want to collect the originals first.

the nuva are pretty cool though.

Edited by jupoawp

I liked G2.  :o

Also known as:

Aguyinahat

Aleksyi

also i write some and do some art, bad at both though.