Extraterrestrial Lightspeed Object

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the kind comments, folks.

I like that you made the gunmetal thornax launchers symmetrical, that's a cool little detail. Also, i see what you did there with the name. ;)

Thanks - I'm not certain as I don't currently have any gunmetal parts to compare, but I think the darker launchers are actually flat silver. The symmetry came about as I didn't have enough pearl silver launchers for the whole circle, but I'm glad you think it looks good!

I'm also pleased people are picking up on the reference. I only noticed the resemblance to the ELO saucer logo after I'd finished it!

Pretty nice looking UFO, but I can't find any pictures of the underside. This is excellently build but I'd like to see more of it.

Thanks. You're correct, this is the only picture I've posted, and unfortunately it's already been taken apart. The build is pretty simple though - it's just two motorcycle wheel hubs stacked, with the bottom one attached to two Toa Mata 'necks' at either end of the ring (you can see one of them at the front). Hope this helps - if you have any other questions about the build, feel free to ask! :) Edited by Disty says hi