• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Toy Fair 2018: Snap Circuits

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 4,509 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 23 2018 - 11:58 PM

ELENCO Snap Circuits had invited us to the unveiling of their new Bric: Structures line which combines the popular Snap Circuits electronics kits with LEGO campatibility. Their booth featured their version of a ball contraption, and during an extensive tour of their current offerings, we were able to see their custom bricks firsthand and verify their quality and clutch power. While we were the first to get hands-on with this great toy, we've had trouble getting our videos of the display ready to share and the Bric: Structures line has already gotten attention elsewhere and has now won several awards, in additional to now being a finalist for a Toy of the Year award. We have a few videos and nearly a hundred photos from their booth compiled into a YouTube video shared below and at https://youtu.be/8sVoqLJMU3g

View the full article

#2 Offline Daler99

Daler99
  • Members
  • Armored Protector

• 30-November 14
  • 305 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 24 2018 - 04:55 AM

Okay, this is epic.

I’ve always liked snap circuits. Now I have to check to see if my old ones are compatible with LEGO. I never thought to try it.

~Daler

#3 Offline danny316p

danny316p
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Cranky Old Curmudgeon

• 09-April 13
  • 360 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Jan 03 2019 - 09:47 PM

Okay, this is epic.

I’ve always liked snap circuits. Now I have to check to see if my old ones are compatible with LEGO. I never thought to try it.

Your old Snap Circuits parts are compatible with new Snap Circuits parts. The Snap Circuit thingies connect to the adapters shown in the photo above, which in turn can connect to bricks (which are LEGO System-sized, although they appear to be broadly compatible and the Snap Circuits: Bric Structures set comes with their own bricks). Their bricks and adapters should be compatible with LEGO across the board, although when I asked about them having plate-style connections instead of tile-style connections (with a groove around the side), I was told that the ones I saw are technically prototypes and they may change the exact parts before the sets hit stores. Some of the photos show their specialty separator piece which allows the adapters to be removed from whatever bricks or plates they're on top of.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users