Pokémon: Rise Of The Rockets

Parugi

IC: Evan Tierra

He didn't like the low methods that were used in this raid, even his own. What Evan Tierra detested even moreso, was there was nothing they could do about that. The traffickers wouldn't have heard them out. They would have killed them. Trying to push those thoughts away, he moved towards Dahlia. "Hey.....Dahlia, you sound like you're biting off more than you can chew....." Evan said, as he extended his hand out towards the gardener. "Mind if I lend you my strength, so we can move on?" As he spoke, the young man's hand gave off a pearly, pinkish glow, signifying he was going to add the power of Space to Dahlia's Reverse....

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - Warehouse Interior, Keturi City

It was less Evan adding his power's to Dahlia's and more Evan taking over the task. At first Dahlia tried to resist, but even she had to admit she was far too weak to actually do anything here. She kept her powers activated just enough to supplement Evan doing the heavy lifting. When the man was finally free, Dahlia retreated to the far corner of the room to rest, casting a weary, regretful eye on Sylph. The Gardevoir had been shot in the shoulder, and Xander would probably want her to reverse that wound too. Even if she wasn't already miffed at the Kalosian, she wasn't doing anything to Sylph until she had a few days to recover from her overexertion.

It had been a long time since Ryan had seen a Capture Styler in action, but he was familiar enough with the process to appreciate Lachina's profound skill. She expertly sent the Capture Disc into a wide arc around the captive Pokémon, gradually narrowing the loop as she exerted her feelings of friendship. Even with the Ranger's expertise, Ryan could tell she was struggling to connect to that many Pokémon at once. After a few minutes, the captive Pokémon at least seemed calm enough to not immediately flee. Lachina made a final slashing motion to call back the Capture Disc and nodded at Ryan.

Ryan slowly approached the cages, beckoning to the two Chespin. The Grass-Types hesitantly stepped out of their cage, drifting over to Lachina as they quietly took in the scene. Ryan inspected the other cages to find they were all locked. "No one saw a set of keys around here, did they? Or a rock we could use to break these locks?"

Konuju: Kopaka and Nuju meet the Spear of Fusion

Quotes from throughout the years:

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2003: "So... it has begun, my brother. But soon, it will also end..." --Makuta

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

-==IC: Chloe==-

"Using a rock would backfire in the worst way." Chloe said as she cast a perturbed look at Xander. She wasn't impressed by any of this - but would wait to give her thoughts on the matter until she had her stuff back. "I'm sure someone here has the keys. Let's just hope we can find it quick enough."

As she glanced over in Dahlia's direction, the psychic knew that the day had definitely taken a toll on her. Chloe walked over to her, and sat down next to her. "How are you doing?"

IC: Keturi Group

Lachina wiped her brow as her Styler returned. Despite all that had happened, a smile smile played on her lips as she realized her success.

Sylph seemed to feel Dahlia's gaze and met the gardener's eyes sadly. Blood was still dripping down her right arm, but that wasn't the problem. She walked over to Chloe and Dahlia as the others continued to talk. "Please, I don't know why he's like this, but you two know that this isn't normal. Try not to hold it against him too much."

Jared pulled his hands from his pockets. "I can go check the people outside, if I need to."

Xander looked at the woman who they had tried questioning earlier. "Where are the keys?"

The woman's eyes widened as the psychic turned to face her. "Harold has them!" She nodded to the man with the mangled arm. "I swear, he has them."

Jared stepped forward before Xander could and searched the unconscious man. He stood with the keys and tossed them to Ryan. "So, how are we going to get all of these Pokémon to Liberty HQ?"

"So Alku, happy 'was that a firecracker or shotgun?' day!"

"Hard mode: I'm in the south."

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

"I'll be fine." Dahlia offered Chloe a weary smile, but her words sounded empty. With a heavy sigh she abandoned the facade, letting her true exhaustion show. She closed her eyes, letting her head rest against the wall behind her. "To be honest, I feel like a seed that hasn't taken root. I'm comfortable using my powers in training sessions, but in actual battles -- with real stakes -- that's something entirely different. My battles on the boat were pretty short, and in the egg I was relying on my Pokémon to do most of the fighting, so this is really the first time I've done something like this. My head feels like it's been through a blender and if I tried walking I wouldn't make it out the door before my legs gave up." She opened her eyes and looked over at the psychic girl. "What about you? How are you holding up after everything that's happened?"

Before Chloe had a chance to respond, Sylph walked over to give her thoughts on the situation. Dahlia had heard countless tales of how Gardevoir would do anything to protect their trainers, but she still found it hard to believe Sylph was defending Xander. "You make it sound like he's just having a bad day," she said pointedly. "That doesn't excuse his actions. He killed a man, Sylph. Has he ever done that before on a rough day?"

Ryan caught the keys and started unlocking the cages one by one. "I kind of figured we'd just walk them over to the Daycare and let them hold onto them. I asked Kyle to help work it out for us." The assorted Pokémon started to disperse; most of them followed the Chespin and gathered around Lachina, but some of them wandered around, inspecting the file cabinets or the unconscious guards. Ryan quickly took a headcount to make sure they didn't lose track of any. "Looks like fifteen . . . sixteen counting the Alolan Hoothoot." He looked back at Jared. "I know it sounds like a lot, but if everyone just keeps track of two, we'll have them all accounted for. Of course, that still leaves the question of what we're going to do with these traffickers. Turning them in to Team Liberty is out of the question, but we can't just leave them here unguarded."

2001: "Your past is forgotten, and your future is an empty book. You must find your own destiny, my brave adventurer." --Nokama

2002: "Mata Nui faces perhaps its greatest challenge -- one that will test our courage, our strength, and our belief in each other." --Tahu

2004: "Your journey must end." "By the will of the Great Spirit, it has just begun!" --Makuta and Vakama

2005: "Our destinies are not written in stone, set in place. They are something we have to find for ourselves." --Vakama

2006: "Don't you realize you're fighting for a lost cause?" "Maybe. But don't you realize those are the only ones worth fighting for?" --Axonn and Brutaka

2007: "Sometimes a hero has to do something else besides beat the villains and come home covered in glory." --Hahli

2008: "Dive into the darkness, Ignite the flame within. Now, there is no turning back. Make the future... begin." --Narrator, The Final Battle Animation

2009: "It is said that all endings are merely beginnings waiting to be born." --Mata Nui

2010: "All journeys must come to an end, but this time, there is a new beginning as well. ... All that has gone before, my friends, has only served to give birth to this new day. Let unity, duty and destiny be your guides." --Mata Nui

2011: "Not dead. Just frozen. They’ll thaw out … eventually. I’m tired of villains spouting gibberish." --Kopaka

"That was an accident. He didn't mean to teleport anyone at that point in time, let alone kill someone. I was injured, and for a second he lost control." Sylph gave Dahlia a pointed look. "If losing control is a crime, then I can look at least one other person in this room who's guilty of it."

Xander sighed. "Dahlia needs a doctor sooner than later. I don't know if Chloe can teleport, and Dahlia can hardly stand, let alone walk. If I need to, I can teleport her back."

Jared frowned. "Are you sure you're up to it? You seem pretty worn out."

"I've pushed myself this far, I can do one more jump for a friend."

Edited by MELON LORD

"Planning was never Zac Blazer's forte." - Blade, mastering the art of the understatement.

"We'll have to change the initials of the RPG from RotR to PTSD." - Me, discussing Rise of the Rockets.

"What, so she can end up fused with a hospital bed like what you did with that other guy?" Ryan couldn't contain himself any longer and took a threatening step forward, startling the Pokémon that had gathered in the middle of the room. "I think you've done enough already. We'll make a stretcher for Dahlia if we have to, but we're sticking together."

Sylph's words pierced Dahlia like an arrow. Her mind flashed back to the boat, to the rage that had filled her heart at the sight of Aspen's broken leg. Was she really no different from Xander? Her hands clenched into fists as she glared back at the Gardevoir, not even hearing the discussion the others were having about her.

"Everyone, just shut up." Chloe raised a hand to her own head, feeling the slight onset of a headache from all the yelling that was starting up. "We can debate this later. I'll carry Dahlia, or Ren can, but stop with the arguing - it's not going to help anything at all." With a sigh, she looked over at Dahlia. "Discuss this more later? It doesn't sound like we're gonna have much of a chance right now. . ." She noticed that Dahlia didn't seem to be hearing her, and tapped her shoulder to catch her attention. "Dahlia? We'll talk later, and I'll carry you back now?"

"Whatever you're doing, better step it up." Colette walked back in at that moment with a slight frown. "I think I saw some movement out there, and I think considering whatever happened in here, that we should make sure they're unable to do anything."

"I second Colette's idea." Evan said, deciding he was -tired- of arguing. "Let's tie them up, and then take the pokemon and hightail it out of here." The Hero was sick to his stomach with everything that had happened today. He wanted nothing more that to just get to back to the Alamo, and rest from this horrible state of affairs. The man realized he had forgotten one thing. Walking over to the comatose many, Evan unhitched the empty poke ball on his belt, a gloomy expression on his face. "If it means anything to anyone, I'm taking that Pidgeot back to the Alamo with me." He said, sounding absolutely done, as he headed for the door. "I'm sure they can help it with the damage I've inflicted upon it."

Evan made his way out the door, and made a beeline towards the unconscious Flying type, checking it's vitals. It's heart was still beating, but it's breathing sounded labored. He frowned at the grievous wound he had inflicted upon it and recalled it to it's poke ball.

I'm sorry.

IC: Jamie - One Island

Jamie shouted the worst curse she knew as she summoned a King's Shield to protect herself, "Darn!"

The Tri-Attack bounced uselessly off of the summoned shield, only managing to push Jamie back an inch. When the attack subsided, she pulled on the chain still attached to the Maniakoll, intent on bringing it back into melee range.

IC: Richard - One Island

Pain wracked Richard's head as he tried to find his voice to sing, the moves to dance. Yet, he kept himself smiling. The show must be finished no matter what happens.

"You are the ocean's gray waves, destined to seek
Life beyond the shore just out of reach,"

He managed to get the words out, but they held no more power. It was time to finish with a literal interpretation. The rain coalesced once more, but this time not into bubbles but a stream of water.

"Yet the waters ever change, flowing like time
The path is yours to climb/"

The stream grew into a great tidal wave that came crashing towards the dark-type instance in a thunderous finale.

"You are the ocean's gray waves."

25fbd79538e4c3de878b599045e3f03a.jpg

Ryan stepped up, right into Xander's face. The psychic boy glared, staring eye-to-eye. "Take two big steps backwards, before one of us does something he'll regret."

Chloe called for a stop, but Xander wasn't about to back down. A fist clenched at his side. "You know what your problem is, Sanders? You think that one mistake means never trying again, in case you fail. You let that thought consume you, stop you from doing what's right." He pointed at the body. "That was a basic, instinctive reaction to stress. I haven't done anything like that before, and I'm not likely to do it when I'm meaning to teleport someone."

Jared stepped up to the two, grabbing on of each of their shoulders. "Enough, you two. The girls are right, we need to go. Lachina, can Aolani carry Dahlia, so Chloe doesn't have to?"

"What? Oh, uh . . ." She looked at the cloud bird, who screeched. "Only if Anubis or someone else can't do it."

For a moment it looked like Ryan was about to retort. Instead he turned around and retreated back to the empty cages, taking a moment to compose himself before he started to gather up the assorted Pokémon. He remained silent as he shepherded the Pokémon together, his previous anger melting away into a more troubled look.

Dahlia looked between Chloe, Lachina, and Jared, her face reddening slightly from all the trouble everyone was going through for her sake. She closed her eyes and took a deep breath, then slowly pushed herself to her feet with a grunt of pain. "I'll be fine," she insisted. "Asriel can carry me. You don't have to worry yourselves over . . ."

At first she thought she was hallucinating. She had reached for her backpack where she kept her Pokéballs, only to have the bag roll away as if pulled by an invisible force. She eyed Chloe and Xander suspiciously, but neither seemed to be exerting any psychic energy. The backpack lurched again. This time Dahlia noticed a minuscule Pokémon tugging on the nylon fabric and she knelt down for a closer look.

"Ryan, I think you missed a Pokémon."

Ryan quickly recounted. "No, I've got sixteen here." He jumped up to try and catch the owl that had been previously perched on Chloe's head, but it fluttered just out of reach. "Well, almost sixteen." He gave up on the owl and went over to investigate Dahlia's find. It was a small pixie-like Pokémon like the ones he had seen riding flowers. In fact, it was currently tugging on one of the many floral designs on Dahlia's backpack. "Huh, I must've missed it when counting the others. We've got three others like it all carrying flowers. This one must've been attracted to the flower prints on your backpack."

Ryan tried to scoop up the tiny pixie in his hands, but the Pokémon flew into Dahlia's hair and started digging through the strands as if looking for something. "I've read about these Pokémon," Dahlia said in surprise. "I didn't recognize it without its flower. They're called Flabébé, and each one is said to care for a single flower for its entire life. I wonder why this one doesn't have a flower."

"It was taken by poachers." Ryan glanced back at the empty cages. "It probably lost its flower back in Kalos."

"The poor thing's probably worried sick." Dahlia carefully pulled the Flabébé out of her hair, cupping her hands around it so it couldn't fly off. "Don't worry, we'll get you back home soon." Having decided its flower wasn't in Dahlia's hair, the tiny pixie gave up its frantic search and resigned itself to sitting melancholically in the gardener's hand.

Satisfied the Flabébé wouldn't run off, Dahlia scooped out Asriel's Pokéball with her free hand and sent out the Absol. She slung her backpack over her shoulder and carefully climbed astride her Pokémon. It would be a challenge to keep her balance, but it would be far easier than walking. She looked around at the others and nodded.

"Let's go."

As Dahlia sat astride Asriel, Jared moved to stand on one side of her. "Just in case," he explained. "We wouldn't want you falling off."

Sylph walked over to Xander. "The bleeding's slowed down a lot. I should be fine staying out of my ball." The psychic put his forehead against hers, smiling softly.

"Alright, then, you can keep me company on the way back." He glanced up at the others. "I don't think anyone here really wants to talk to me right now."

"You did some things today that needs to be processed. Are you feeling alright?" She put her hand to his cheek softly.

"Headache, fatigue. I just pushed myself too hard today." He kissed her softly. "Sorry if I worried you."

"You'll always worry me, Xander."

Lachina sat astride Aolani's back, looking over the group. "Alright, everyone grab a couple of Pokémon, I guess." She herself had two Flabébé resting on her shoulders.

A few minutes later, they were leaving through the large garage-style door at the front of the warehouse. They made their way warily up towards the Alamo.

Xander and Sylph walked well ahead of everyone else.

IC -  Dramalgon vs. Amanda Zarth - Beach, Kotahi Village:

Telekinesis and Ice Beam worked in sync to halt the first Dramalgon in its tracks. It screeched in discomfort at the Ice-Type attack, raising its arms in front of its face and clenching its claws together. A strange glow engulfed its form, shimmering light that appeared to etch a strange pattern into its scales. When the light subsided, it cooed, lowering its arms. The Ice Beam attack no longer seemed to damage it, nor did it appear to be affected at all by the telekinetic field around it. It took two steps forward, protected by its Armor Scales move, and unleashed a powerful Draco Meteor attack upon the Psychic-Type Suit's operator.

OOC:

Dramalgon: Armor Scales > Self (Damage Adjusted: Immunity Ice, Immunity Psychic. x4 Weakness ?, x4 Weakness ?)

IC - Venophage vs. Theodore Willows - Beach, Kotahi Village:

Theodore Willows had every right to be creeped out. The Poison-Type Instance scuttled like a massive bug toward its target, the light of the sun glittering off of its carapace in a sickeningly dazzling display of purple and white. Its long legs clicked and cracked with each movement, almost like they were breaking and healing and breaking again with each step it took. With hardly a glance, it shifted into a zigzag pattern that allowed it to sidestep a frantic Sludge Bomb attack from Ava. The target continued his uncertain steps backward, raising his hands and launching a Moonblast attack at the Venophage. This the Poison-Type crouched under, coming to a sudden stop.

Theo noted that the Venophage was in the perfect position to pounce.

It did.

A muffled shout emanated from its target, though it did not pay heed to what Theo said. The Poison-Type Instance landed heavily against him, crashing into him and slamming him into the ground. Its thick body-tail combination whipped against the sand, sending a spray of rocks into the air like a crystalline mist. Theo struggled against it, desperately grabbing at its thin legs. When this proved to be fruitless, he lifted his hands in front of his face, charging his gauntlets with energy.

A flash of crystal against the sun, soon followed by a sharp pain in his abdomen, interrupted him.

Theo looked down at his stomach. The three-pronged tail of the Venophage had pierced a soft spot in his Power Suit. He could hardly utter a word before the Venophage shrieked, and the crystal it bore began to empty of the fluid inside. Immediately, Theo's body burned, and burned, and burned. His muscles convulsed, his mouth foamed, and he screamed out in agony as the Poison-Type's Fatal Injection attack did its work.

It did not take long for him to fall limp, body twitching from the aftereffects of the poison, nor for the Venophage to crumble into the sand soon after.

OOC:

Venophage: Fatal Injection > Theodore Willows

Theodore Willows: Deceased

IC -  Goldhawk vs. Samurloch - Beach, Kotahi Village:

This thing is fast.

Goldhawk could barely keep up with Samurloch's movements. Somehow he had managed to avoid getting hit thus far, but he was not sure whether that was by sheer luck or if the samurai was simply toying with him. Either way, he could feel the heat from each swing of the flaming sword as it glanced past him, only making him more and more aware of how much trouble he would be in if the flames actually managed to ignite the Powder still clinging to his armor. 

At the very least, he had one surefire way of protecting himself, which he had managed to use to his advantage several times already. As the sword passed by him, he managed to smack his hand against the Samurloch's armor, utilizing Electrify to replace the flames on the sword with electricity. Though this only last for a few seconds at a time, it proved enough of a help that he could spend less time worrying about the blade and more time analyzing his opponent's movements.

He was very hopeful that the IMC was able to gather something useful from his video feed. As he watched Samurloch's actions, he noted that this particular Instance was certainly not just another pawn like the others. It moved exactly in time with him, analyzing him just as he did it, and seemed to grow more and more frustrated each time he struck it. Still, it did not change its actions, still repeating the same swinging blade attack that it had been using from the beginning. He couldn't help but wonder what it was thinking. Did it intend to draw this out, keep him occupied until he had worn himself down and could no longer dodge its attacks? Or was it simply testing his abilities?

Goldhawk wasn't sure of the answer. But one thing he was certain of was the fact that he needed to actually fight back.

As he sidestepped another swing, he clenched his fist. Electricity gathered around his gauntlet, and instead of smacking an open palm against the shoulder of his opponent, he took a swing. The Thunder Punch connected, appearing to surprise and briefly stun the samurai. It recovered quickly, however, and responded by taking a horizontal swing at him, which he leaped back to avoid.

He hit a wall.

Goldhawk cursed.

Of course--it had driven him back up the beach, toward a rock wall. He had nowhere to run now. Goldhawk crouched, watching for the swing. Samurloch raised its blade above its head, and then brought it down. Goldhawk rolled in the opposite direction. The blade cut through the rocks. The Liberty Leader raised a hand. One solid shot would send a mudslide down on his opponent, giving him at least a little bit of time to breathe.

He activated Zing Zap.

. . .

Nothing happened.

Goldhawk's eyes widened. His eyes fell to his hand.

What . . . ?

He looked back up just in time to see Samurloch leering at him. Had the samurai done this? No--something else was wrong. It took Goldhawk a moment to realize it, but when he did . . .

The constant buzzing from the battery on his back had ceased.

The status markers for his allies had disappeared.

His own status indicator was gone.

His HUD had completely vanished.

The Suit . . .

The Suit had deactivated.

"Calling any available reinforcements!" he shouted into his comm. "I repeat, calling any available reinforcements!"

With nothing powering it, the message did not go through.

Goldhawk stared in horror at the samurai. It leered back at him, mask shifting into what could only be described as a smirk. It raised a hand, pointing two fingers at him. A red glow surrounded Goldhawk from below, prompting him to look down.

He was standing on a massive symbol, blood red in color.

The samurai smiled. For the first time, it spoke, its voice a low, raspy growl, with which it uttered two words:

"Inferno Fury."

Flames erupted in a massive geyser from the symbol, engulfing Goldhawk. It ignited the powder on his armor, creating an explosion that only magnified the damage to Team Liberty's Leader.

Goldhawk screamed.

OOC:

Wrath: Inferno Fury > Goldhawk

Follow me on YouTube!

rotrbanner.png

~ Rise of the Rockets (I II)/Discussion Topic/Side Stories ~

OOC: Fire Emblem Warriors musical spoilers.

IC: Amanda Zarth

Amanda cried out in pain as the Draco Meteor blasted away at her suit and visor, searing through metal and mechanisms alike, the sudden light and sparks engulfing her vision like a burning pyre and forcing her to her knees. Her Porygon let out an electronic shriek as it was forcibly disengaged from the suit, coalescing unsteadily back into its physical form. Plasma and Pokémon wavered, but their resolve never did, as they forced themselves back into readiness.

"An enemy remains," she mentally announced, choosing the mental communication more likely to be heard above the din of combat. "Unacceptable."

---------------

The Magnezone beneath Sleight suddenly wavered and spun at if struck, a metallic roar echoing from within. Though it quickly corrected itself, taking deliberate care to give the Admin an opportunity to re-secure himself, it soon determined that the passenger's presence would be inadvisable. Moving far faster than any Magnezone had before, it sped to the edge of the battlefield, a dangerous technicolor glow beginning to envelop it as it did. It dropped to the ground for a moment--just long enough for the prudent Sleight to disembark and put some distance between himself and the peculiar Pokémon--before speeding off toward its master. As it neared the wearer of the damaged Psychic-type Power Suit, the Analytic creature surveyed the area--despite the suit's considerable power, an enemy remained.

Unacceptable.

Reaching within itself, to the innermost core of its power, the Magnezone drew upon the buried connection the two shared, forged in the fires of darkest memory and tempered through years of service. Amanda needed its help--and she would have it. On the outside, the glow surrounding the Steel-type blossomed into an impenetrable shell of energy, which soon burst with a shriek of shifting metal and a flamelike burst of multi-hued energy. It felt power flooding through it, and sensing its trainer's intention, it separated into three, each core charging a pair of powerful electric bolts that soon blasted into the central core, combining and amplifying them into a powerful Zap Cannon.

---------------

Amanda felt her Magnezone approach before she saw it, its steely stare piercing her very soul and filling it with a revitalizing charge. She flooded that connection with power, unsure what instinct prompted the action, but somehow knowing it was necessary. Relief and reassurance washed over her, the Plasma agent feeling somehow complete in a way she hadn't even noticed she was missing. Her eyed burned with amethyst energy as her desires and intentions fell into line with those of her Pokémon, the first she'd ever had, memories momentarily overwhelming her before she firmly but lovingly forced them back into line. She stood, confidence and comfort filling her, driving away any semblance of self-doubt. They could do this. Her gaze passed over the Dramalgon before her, and without needing a word, she watched her Magnezone's mighty electrical power surge towards the opponent--a surprise, but not an unwelcome one. She took a moment to bolster her and her allies' defenses, then looked to her Pokémon, its new form strange yet fitting, and did something she hadn't done in years.

She smiled.

OOC:

Amanda (+4 Def, +2 SAtk, +4 SDef, +2 Speed, 1 HP): Light Screen, Reflect

Magnezone: Mega Evolve, Zap Cannon vs. Dramalgon

Porygon: ejected from suit, on standby

Edited by Flipz

Me: *has idea*

Blade: "I'd say too convoluted, and I know too convoluted =P"

"Dangit, I shouldn't have gotten ambitious."

--Merc, RE: our plotting

Pokémon Rise of the Rockets Profiles: LINK

3DS FC: 3625-9584-9417 (Pokemon X Friend Safari: Electric-type, Pachirisu, Electabuzz, Zebstrika)

IC: Awakened Knight

When the Moonblast reached the top of the tower, it burst into a blinding light. From the same blinding light leapt a red blur. Before the Plite could react, the blur collided with it, tearing through it like paper. Without slowing down, the blur lunged at the Cerebeuron, impaling it and bringing it down to earth.

The Instance fell off the ethereal yellow blade that it held. It surveyed the landscape to identify its next target. The tower of flames made the choice clear. Type wasn’t a factor to the blur, he was the only one capable of facing this.

A kick of its legs sent the figure back into a blur. A loud burst accompanied the kick off, as it charged the the being that summoned it, iron wings spread, slashing low at the samurai, the Aerial Ace being carried by the blade.

The samurai's surprise could not have been more palpable. Noticing the attacker just in time, it barely managed to raise its own blade to defend itself. The swords clashed together, and though it remained relatively unharmed, the force of the impact was still enough to launch it back several steps, skidding through the sand before coming to a stop, where it could only flare at the new arrival.

The blur took form as it clashed with the samurai, allowing all who can spare a moment to look to see what it was. It was a Scizor, but with a star-shaped mask on its face. Its pincers were also longer, more jagged, and had spikes coming off the bottom of it. Its feet ended in spikes that looked like they could pierce even the hardest concrete. Ash had been fused to its armor causing it to look blackened in a lot of places.

On top of the building, the blinding light died, revealing a green barrier covering the men standing on top of the building. At the center of the barrier was a figure in white armor. Most of his helmet had been blown off and his face was clearly visible. It had been covered in burns, and the shining quality of his armor dulled with ash and the armor was laden with dents. He lowered the arm that produced the Protect to clutch his chest.

“Executive Arthur reporting in. I am ready to rejoin the battle!“ the ivory knight yelled at the top of his lungs, using Uproar to carry his message to the people on the battlefield below.

-==IC: Jenny==-

After what felt like longer than it actually was, Jenny took Zoe back home. She didn't want Zoe to be out too late and there probably were a number of things that the younger girl wanted to do before the talk later. However, despite her plan to stay and wait for the conversation with Colette, Jenny's Pokegear beeped.

"I'm sorry, I have to get going now, someone wants me back at the Alamo." The young woman gave a smile to the young warrior princess and giggled. "I wish you good luck on your discussion!"

-==IC: Ray==-

Ray's eyes widened as everything happened at once. The type change causing Dramalgon's new immunity threw him off guard, as he was uncertain what to do. He could try to support - but his abilities were all offensive. The attack on Amanda caused him to watch in horror, which turned to relief as she was okay afterward. The weird Magnezone-like creature that showed up certainly didn't seem. . . natural, however. He at first thought it was an Instance, but something made him question that as it directly attacked, seeming to be defending Amanda.

A sound of fire played out behind him and from multiple directions the young man heard screaming as the Fairy suit's vitals turned red. He tried not to think about what that meant. . . Ray dared to turn around, however. First, he saw the Scizor. Then he heard the bellow of a dead man standing. Finally, a brilliant rainbow coloured light drenched his vision. . .

-==IC: Ryan==-

Ryan and his Tyranitar froze in place as they watched the deadly dance that was Goldhawk and Samurloch's fight. Something about the way the Instance fought urged him to keep his distance. However, as Goldhawk seemed to not do anything at all, the Dark suit user was prepared to move in to help. The glowing sigil, however, stopped him in his tracks once more. He was so distracted that he didn't even notice the Fairy suit's indicator flash to red in front of his eyes.

No. . . it can't be. . . That sigil. He had seen it once before. A month ago, when Wrath struck and nearly destroyed Goldenrod. The Instance. . . could it be? Ryan forced himself to walk as close as he could. He got into range just in time to hear a distorted voice that chilled him to the core, right before the sigil burst into flames. The man took a few steps back with wide eyes. It was him. Somehow, it was him.

A red blur distracted Samurloch, as Ryan's eyes turned determined instead. He wasn't about to let this end in tragedy. He refused to. The man clenched his fists, as he pointed forward. He attempted a scan - but it did not work. That was fine.

Tyranitar took menacing steps forward as he glared at Samurloch with a low growl. He felt a deep power welling up inside - but could not tell what exactly it was. A shimmering began to fade in, as Pokemon and trainer looked at Samurloch with equal glares. Ryan's Hone Claws would help with any future attacks. Now it was time for action.

A rainbow coloured gleam emanated from the Tyranitar as he seemed to be enveloped in a ball of a rainbow of colours. The Pokemon roared out as the glow faded and revealed a brand new look to the Tyranitar - it appeared almost as if he had evolved again, which was impossible. Spikes and horns covered the pale green Dark-type, as he stepped toward Samurloch once more, carefully aiming at where the equally enigmatic-looking Scizor was not standing.

"Go!" Ryan held his hand forward, as the mysterious looking Tyranitar called upon strength that almost felt foreign to him. With a loud roar, the creature summoned rocks from the surrounding area and fired off a Stone Edge that intended to pierce his new target.

OOC: Ryan: Hone Claws > Self
Tyranitar: [MEGA EVOLVE] Stone Edge > Samurloch

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - Keturi City, Four Island

Ryan would have walked at Dahlia's side, but Jared beat him to it. Instead he fell several paces behind them, carrying the two electric mouse Pokémon as he somberly reflected on all that had transpired. Their mission had been a success, there was no denying that. So why didn't it feel like one?

"What do you think?" he quietly asked Chloe, never taking his eyes off Dahlia. "Are they ready for Kalos? Team Flare is sure to be way better organized than this group of thugs, and that's not even getting into the Signs. I know Xander says I focus too much on our failures, but I can't help but feel we should be all sticking together instead of splitting up."

IC: Shannon Willows - The Alamo, Four Island

"Alright, Miss . . . Willows. I'll see what I can do for you."

Shannon drummed her fingers on the counter in a nervous excitement. She clutched Salix to her chest while Selena curled around her shoulders like a furry scarf. Sousa sat at her feet, timidly watching the various people walk through the Alamo's lobby. Shannon still couldn't believe she was finally out of the hospital. The doctor's final examination took most of the morning, but she was finally free of her medical prison with the one caveat that she take things easy for a while. She had blatantly ignored that advise as she skipped down the empty halls of the fortress carrying a box containing all the belongings she had been able to gather from the remains of her home in Celadon. Her first order of business was to secure herself a room, and so she had headed to the front lobby.

The receptionist adjusted her glasses as she peered at the computer screen. "It looks like we have a Theodore and Ava Willows already sharing a room . . . I could put you with them, or right next to them."

"God, no." Shannon paled. "I mean . . . um, there wouldn't happen to be any . . . any any chance I could room with Ryan Hikari, is there?" Her complexion did a complete turnaround as the color rushed back to her face with the intensity of a Kecleon in a forest fire. "I-I mean next to Ryan Hikari! Next to!" Salix let out a squeak of discomfort as Shannon instinctively squeezed her arms tighter around the small Eevee.

The receptionist clacked her fingers against her keyboard, either oblivious to or intentionally ignoring the girl's sudden change in demeanor. "Hikari, Chloe. Hikari, Ryan. Looks like there's a vacant room across the hall from him."

"I'll take it!"

One pile of paperwork later, Shannon skipped back down the hall, humming merrily to herself as she clutched her new room key like it was the most precious thing she had ever received. She carried her box of belongings under her arm, Salix taking a nap amongst the assorted trinkets and clothes. For the first time in her life, Shannon felt truly independent. She would wait for this Missing Zero thing to resolve itself, then she and Ryan would leave the Alamo for a more suitable home. Maybe they could find a place in Ecruteak. Either way, they'd leave her parents far behind.

Shannon smiled at the fantasy as she arrived in her new room and began to decorate it with what little she had. Salix wasted no time in attacking the bedsheets with such excitement that one might think he actually wanted to get lost in the folds. When the Eevee became hopelessly tangled, Sousa panicked and called Selena over to rescue the poor child. Shannon laughed at her Pokémon's antics, then stepped out of her room to gaze at the door across the hall. She would have to come up with a clever way to surprise Ryan. A smile played on her lips that soon broke into a wide grin.

This was, without a doubt, the best day ever.

IC: Ava Willows - Kotahi Village, Beach

Theodore's scream echoed in her ears. The Fairy-Type Suit's indicator turned solid red. Her legs pumped faster than they ever had before. Ava fell to her knees at her husband's side, tearing the limp Venophage off of him and ripping its stinger out of his stomach. The Pokéballs at his waist were already gone, transported safely back to the Alamo. She tore the helmet from his head and cradled him in her arms as tears flooded her vision. Around her the battle continued to rage. Flashes of light, strange new Pokémon forms, a booming voice. It all seemed so far away.

Despair turned to rage. She rounded on the lifeless Instance and blasted it with poison. "That was supposed to be me!" She hit it again. "I'm the one in the Poison Suit, you were supposed to be fighting me!" Blast after blast of poison struck the Venophage's carcass, eating away at the sand around it. With a vicious scream of rage, Ava tackled the monster that had killed her husband and began punching its alien face. She tore its impossibly thin limbs from its body and crushed its three-pronged tail. She continued to beat it until the Instance was completely unrecognizable.

Ava took several shaky breaths as she stared at the venom and carnage around her. Her suit was the only thing keeping her safe from her own destructive poison. Trembling in exhaustion and misery, she quietly wept.

IC: Dack Majors/Madison Morrow/Jayron Aaron - Kotahi Village, Beach

Amanda, Goldhawk, and Theodore were all in bad shape. One suit indicator was blood red, the other a dark orange, and Goldhawk's was completely offline. The reappearance of James Arthur and the three superpowered Pokémon should have filled Jayron with hope. Instead he looked at the six new Instances emerging from the Missing Zero's body and knew it would be impossible to turn the tide.

Trusting the strange looking Magnezone would be strong enough to defend Amanda, the executive ran over to check on Dack and Madison, the Moment Record members under his responsibility. Madison was alive but her suit had been badly damaged, and while Dack's suit appeared relatively unharmed his skin was deathly pale, a side effect of the poison coursing through his body.

"We need to retreat," Jayron said. Dack looked at him in surprise. "That's an order. The two of you are in no condition to keep fighting. More Instances are popping up by the second. If we don't fall back now, none of us are going home. Madison, can you walk?"

The skier slowly got to her feet. She appeared badly shaken, but as long as she kept her wits about her she would have no trouble making it back to the choppers. Dack put an arm around her as if to comfort her, but Jayron could tell he was leaning on her for support. The executive activated his comms.

"This is Executive Aaron speaking. Do not press the advantage. We have at least five people badly injured; we need to use this opportunity to retreat while we still can. I also need someone who can heal poison to assist Dack Majors."

Madison looked over at Dack in horror. "Poison?" she mouthed.

"Don't worry about it." Dack spoke in a rasping voice, and his breathing was labored. "You heard the executive, we need to go. Now!"

And so as Jayron moved back to help the strange Magnezone defend Amanda the injured couple began their retreat, trusting that someone would soon catch up to them to heal Dack of his deadly condition. Kotahi Village was as empty as it had been when they had first arrived, but after the chaotic battle on the beach the quiet city felt even more eerie. Sounds of the battle were soon drowned out by their rhythmic footsteps and heavy breaths. Some of the buildings had been wrecked in the battle, but most of them remained perfectly intact, which only added to the surreal atmosphere. The only thing missing was the people.

Madison prayed the ghost town wasn't an omen of the future that laid in store for them.

OOC:

Dack: Poisoned, Turn 4

Chloe kept quiet for a moment as she mulled over what Ryan asked. "I don't know." She finally admitted. The young woman rubbed her left arm uncertainly, as she thought over what happened. "They did fantastically considering everything, and honestly saved us a number of times. Especially that Jared guy. But I'm not sure if there's proper unity yet."

She let out a sigh, as her gaze fell upon Dahlia. "I'm gonna try and speak with her after. I feel. . . like she needs someone who's been in her shoes." Chloe ruefully chuckled as she realized this was pretty much exactly how she had felt back in Unova. "But. . . if she can get enough confidence, I think she might be able to help pull the Kalos team together."

Hours later, Jenny found herself back out in the forest once again under the midnight sky. Her checkup at the hospital had gone surprisingly well, though they did mention that she should return the next day to be on the safe side. That left all of the rest of the night, however, and she didn't feel that tired yet thankfully. The woman took a deep breath, as she looked up at the ceiling of trees. There was one spot she had found in the last few nights where the trees parted to give a good look at the moon and she found that it was a rather serene feeling to look up at it like that.

As if the world hadn't fallen apart in the last week.

IC: Jared Winters

The silver-haired trainer glanced at the gardener and chewed his lip. Things hadn't gone well, and he had no doubt that Dahlia wasn't in a good mood. Still, he found himself asking, "Are you alright? I didn't catch a lot of what that Gardevoir said, but you sort of deflated afterwards."

Dahlia clenched her fists into Asriel's white fur, her lips thinning as she stared ahead at Xander. "I'm . . ." She wanted to say 'fine' but Jared would know it was a lie. She closed her eyes and sighed. "Remember when I told you about how my brother broke his leg?" she said quietly. "How I lost control of my powers and almost wrecked the ship? Sylph was there. She saw that. She reminded me that Xander's not the only one who has a tendency to go overboard. I'd like to say I did alright today, but . . ." She stared down at her hands, stained red with blood. "I still wasn't good enough. I feel like I was still holding back -- afraid I might do what I did on the boat. What Xander did was horrible, but it was over in a split second. If I lost control again . . . I wouldn't be able to stop. So instead I hold back, and end up getting shot, and can't do anything to save Chloe's Serperior."

"You're right." Ryan sighed. "About the team not having unity. We managed alright, but that fight was a disaster. You should never have gone in there alone. Dahlia should never have chased after you and gotten shot. Kamina didn't have to die. Eight people doing their own thing isn't a team, it's a circus. I'm not saying it's your fault, but we have to learn to do better if we want to be successful in Kalos and Mount Silver." He tore his eyes from the gardener and looked over at Chloe. "I hope you're right about Dahlia. If someone can't pull the Kalos group together . . ." He let the thought hang in the air.

Jared carefully placed his hand on Dahlia's. "You did fine today. You got shot, but I also saw you use your power in combat." He squeezed reassuringly. "Injuries happen, just like loss of control happens."

Now. Tell her now.

No. Now is not the time.

Coward! Your reassurances sound hollow if you won't share your secret!

Jared took a deep breath. "I . . . have something to tell you."

IC: Lohe Mahina - Four Island

A nap worked wonders for Lohe's sleepiness. Sure to most he still had five o'clock shadow, plenty of bags under his eyes, a sleepy demeanor, a slight hunch in his back despite dropping off his backpack,  and more or less looked like he'd just rolled out of bed, but to him he was refreshed and ready to face the day. Well, night at this point, Lohe considered as he walked under the moonlit sky. He had been neglecting to eat and woke up hungry, but the cafeteria had to be closed and empty by this point. Nothing much he could do about that now. He decided to take a walk to get his mind of his hunger and help himself get the lay of the land. Tomorrow would present a better chance to speak with people in charge. Right now he was content with a walk through the woods. 

His ears twitched slightly. He could hear slight rustling of grass and the sound of breathing. Someone else was out here.

Lohe paused and turned in the direction of the sound. There were two possibilities, it was either human or the rare Pokemon that didn't flee from his presence. Whichever it was, it was worth a look. So he put one foot in front of the other and walked into the clearing.

In the clearing was a woman lying down on the forest floor. Her eyes were open but she was still enough to look like she was asleep.

"There are better places to take a nap than on the ground you know?" he said looking, half-sarcastic half-amused at the not-quite-asleep Jenny.

Chloe's fists clenched slightly as she knew that Ryan had a point about how they needed a plan. His way of putting across, however, sucked. She looked over with a slightly perturbed look, as despite what Ryan had said directly after, it certainly sounded like he was blaming her.

"I'm pretty sure she didn't come running in after me. Xander showed up first and she showed up a while after." The psychic said with a short tone to her voice. "It was my fault that things got so screwed up, but not because of me going inside either. I let my guard down and people got hurt again." Her words were more biting than she wanted, she could feel it, but at this point she just didn't care. Chloe looked away for a moment, as she struggled to take deep breaths to keep calm. "Do you think I wanted to go in there that early? I would've much rathered to fight with the rest of you, but my distraction didn't work, no-one was blinded enough, and my gambit of pulling the gun away from the girl resulted in it flying off. But even then, nothing went wrong on my end until I turned my back on that guy and then everything went wrong."

She stopped as she let out an annoyed noise. The young woman looked directly at Xander. She knew he didn't mean to do anything, but she had to wonder. Would everything have happened the way it did if they hadn't found the man in the concrete?

Jenny paused as she turned her head in surprise. This was the first time anyone had shown up in the nights she'd been visiting the spot, but she did have to admit that it wasn't secluded enough that it was a secret to everybody else. The woman sat up and looked over at the newcomer with a smile.

"That's a good point! I should keep that in mind, I guess." She giggled as she looked at him. "What brings you out here? Is this actually a famed spot for looking at the sky?"

Dahlia stared at Jared's hand covering her own. His grip was strong, like he wanted to reassure her but was nervous about something. She looked over and saw that same nervousness etched onto his face. Her eyes lingered on him in anticipation. When he didn't immediately respond, she gently placed her other hand on top of his, to let him know he could trust her. "Yes . . . ?"

Ryan stopped, stepping in front of Chloe and placing both hands on her shoulders. "That wasn't my point," he said, giving her a hard look. "Do you know how many times people have told me to stop blaming myself? You can't blame yourself, either. It's not your fault you were forced into the warehouse, and it's not your fault you let your guard down. The rest of us should've been paying attention enough to come after you sooner. We all share the blame; we didn't have a solid plan. It's not about whose fault it is. It's about figuring out how we can do better so that next time . . ." His voice faltered and tears started to well up in his eyes. "So that next time no one has to die."

Everything that happened was still fresh in Evan's mind, yet he felt he had no one to really talk to about it. Especially since he essentially jumped right into it, after seeing Xander's teleporting. Then the Hero realized.....he had dragged Colette along with. He had to find out how the girl was doing, considering things. "Hey, Aura Princess, how you holding up?" He asked uncertainly. "Things got very rough back there, and I wanted to know if you were doing alright. Especially since it was my detour that led us to this...."

"Mercury . . . isn't just the code name I used in the Black Company." He sighed. "It's . . . I don't know how to explain it."

He paused, then formed an aura sphere in his free hand, silver fire blazing. "This is Jared, the person who wants to train you and do good things."

The silver changed, turning the color of blood mixed with the color of bruises.

"And this is Mercury, the one who's killed a hundred people and called it a good day of work."

The aura faded back to silver before vanishing. "I lost hours, days, weeks when Mercury took over before. He's my fighting instincts, my killer side." He closed his eyes. "If you ever see me being . . . being like Xander, in combat, it's Mercury. He has no qualms about killing to defend himself. If you ever see Mercury, I want you to stay far away from him, because he's dangerous."

I'm not going to hurt your friends. I never attacked Croaker, for instance.

"For some of us, loss of control is over an instant, and people might get hurt and die. For others, it's something terrible. The worst parts were where i was fully aware of what he was doing." Jared pulled his hand away. "He . . . He insisted that I tell you now, instead of waiting til later."

You waited long enough.

IC: Lachina Adaon

The ranger flew behind Jared and Dahlia, watching as he told the other girl his secret. As she watched his aura shift from silver to maroon and back, her heart hurt. She brushed her fingers lightly over Aolani's neck. So, he was trusting other people. He'd trusted her first, right?

Knowing that he was only being trusting because he'd confided in her first didn't make it sting any less.

-==IC: Colette==-

"I'm not too bad. For better or worse, everyone else seemed to take control of the fight." The girl let out a sigh before she chuckled. "Maybe next time we won't investigate the spacial oddity, though." Although she wished she had gotten a better chance to prove herself, her mind was focused elsewhere. "If we weren't herding these Pokemon along, I'd honestly get going about now, though."

As they walked, however, she caught a glimpse of that one person, Jared she thought his name was. Colette noticed how his aura shifted and frowned uneasily. They were too far away for her to hear what was going on, but. . . something about the shift made her nervous somehow.

Chloe fell silent, as she sighed. "It's funny, isn't it? I was just saying that earlier." The young woman smiled slightly with a nod of acknowledgement. "That's fair. It doesn't change the fact that if I had kept an eye on him instead of distracting myself, or if I had tied him up or something, that this wouldn't have happened. But well. You do have a point, I can't just take all the blame here."

The psychic thought back to the fight and ran it through her head briefly, as she thought over different things. "I need to keep myself occupied. So later on, we'll train, okay? We both need it. Nice attempt to fight off a Vigoroth on your own, though." For the first time since the warehouse, her smile carried a rather good amount of amusement in it.

IC: Lohe Mahina - Four Island

Another energetic person... Lohe thought as the woman spoke.

"I wouldn't know," Lohe said looking off into the moon.  "This is my first full night here. I was just trying to get a lay of the place."

Lohe stared into the moon not speaking for a moment. He smiled at the seeing the fullness of the moon, and just took the moon light in for a moment. "Kinda glad I found my way here, though. The moon is beautiful tonight. Really refreshes ya."

IC: Claus Diamond - Liberty Band Hall

"Well here we are," Claus said awkwardly as the pair reached the band hall. They looked around and saw no one but the band's director there. And he was clearly only there because he was obligated to be. "Guess no one's really in the mood to be playing music."

He fumbled around in his coat pocket for a few moments, mumbling as he searched for the extra Poke Balls he had on him. When he found them, he tossed them all out.

"One sec, I gotta get these guys set up," he said casually, as if there was nothing odd about what he was about to do.

He signed out the instruments Richard had wanted for them again and helped bring the instruments out. Half of them were still undecided on their choice of instrument. Some of the more adept and decisive of the group seemed to be trying to figure out how their chosen instrument worked.  Only the Diglett seemed to be making real progress, though it was trying to compensate for being unable to use Earth Power to help himself slide the trombone.

"It really does. . ." Jenny followed the gaze up to the moon with a smile. "It's almost like the light that shines from the moon could wash away your troubles. A lot of things on this island seems to do that too, honestly." At times like this, washing away troubles was something she definitely needed. However, she forced herself to focus, and glanced over at the man in curiosity.

"So, if you've only just gotten here, where are you from?" The redhead tilted her head as she looked at the disheveled man.

-==IC: Taylor==-

Taylor looked surprised by what Claus was up to, but watched in curiosity as the Pokemon attempted to work their instruments. "That's... honestly pretty amazing. Did you teach them that?" The girl finally asked after a while, as she turned her head to the boy who was currently responsible for them. Sure, not many were having luck, but it was still a rather neat idea to begin with.

IC: Ryan Sanders - Road to the Alamo

Ryan chuckled, scratching the back of his head sheepishly. "You saw that? I probably looked pretty silly swinging that crowbar around, huh?" After so much brooding and tense emotions, the laughter felt good. He fell into step next to Chloe as the two quickened their pace to try and catch up to the others. "You're right about training, though. Our Pokémon need to get used to what they can do without abilities. And I need to step up my game if I want to fight off any more Vigoroth that come our way."

He let out another laugh and for a moment they weren't two agents trying to lead their friends through one life-threatening mission after another. They were just a couple of Pokémon Trainers hoping to better themselves and each other. Ryan smiled over at Chloe. "It's nice to know someone's got my back. And you can rest assured I've got yours."

IC: Dahlia Seaton - Road to the Alamo

Dahlia stared at Jared with a newfound respect. Minus the edgy code name, that was exactly how she felt about her own loss of control. A vessel of pain, anger and destruction, one that would hurt friend and foe alike. She kept silent, thinking back to what she could recall of her battle on the boat. Then she shook her head.

"You say Mercury wanted you to tell me about him." She gazed into his silver eyes but saw no sign of the blood-red aura. "If that's the case, then I don't think he wants to hurt me any more than you do. When I lost control, Ryan stopped me from destroying the boat we were on. He put himself in danger to save me. If Mercury starts to take over, I refuse to run. I'll stop him. I'll save you." Despite her injuries, she smiled. "That's what friends are for, right? We keep each other in check."

"Maybe we will skip that step and get out of dodge next time, yeah." Evan said chuckling a bit. "But, that aside, it was a fun trip, Colette. Hopefully, it pays off big time for you." He then looked at Landorus, who had the fallen Serperior slung on his shoulder. There was no way he wouldn't draw attention like that, turning back to Chloe, he spoke. "What shall I do about Kamina? I don't think Poke Balls can contain dead things, and going through the city like this will.......raise eyebrows. Any ideas?"

He swallowed, smiling. "Thank you, Dahlia. I appreciate that." He looked away, swiping at his eyes. "That means a lot to me."

IC: Xander Cruize

As they approached the front door of the Alamo, Xander turned to address the others. "Don't forget guys, you leave tomorrow morning. Jared, Colette, I want you two acting as heads of the team investigating Flare. You both kept level heads, and Colette knows the area, at least a little. Defer to her for traveling paths and the like. Defer to Jared in combat, if possible."

Jared seemed surprised, but nodded. "I'm alright with that if the others are."

As they headed inside, Xander's Holo Caster beeped. He pulled it out with a frown and checked the message.

Agent Cruize

Please see me in my office at your earliest convenience. You can find it on the west side of the complex, as the Executive of Investigations.
Executive Richie Eston

Xander scowled, shoving the device into his pocket. "Gotta run. Sylph, here's your ball. Get healed, then head back to our room. I have to go talk to Kyle's dad, apparently." He nodded to the others. "See you all tomorrow morning." With that, he headed off down the hall.

Edited by MELON LORD

IC: Lohe Mahina - Forest

"Alola, actually," he mentioned still looking deep into the moon. "Got sent here looking into that whole Pokemon power mess."

Still without moving he asked, "How about you? You working for Liberty?"

IC: Claus Diamond - Band Hall

"Hmm? Oh," Claus got slightly embarrassed as he remembered that what he was doing was not normal.

"Sorry to disappoint, a friend of mine actually trained these," Claus admitted, kicking himself slightly for not taking advantage of the chance to impress a girl, whilst also knowing that it was wrong to even consider.

"He's... on a mission right now, and with Pokemon power out, he left them with me for safe keeping. Asked me to keep 'em practicing so that's why I'm here."

He thought about whether to be vague about what mission Richard was on at the moment, but considered that it had been made public to anyone in the base.

"To be more specific, well, did you hear all those announcements yesterday?"

"Wow, that's pretty far away! Nah, though; I'm with Plasma." Jenny smiled, as she looked up at the moon as well. "The past year's been pretty... interesting in general. The power thing's really just the latest in a bunch of crazy stuff. Hasn't all been bad, though. . ."

The woman glanced back over to the stranger and giggled slightly. "My name's Jenny Hakuda. What's yours?"

"Hmm, I missed most of it because I wasn't here yesterday, but I heard from a friend something about alien things showing up or something?" The girl absentmindedly scratched at the bandage on her arm. "I think she mentioned it was related to the Pokemon power stuff, but she couldn't really say much about it." Taylor's attention was caught as she wondered if this mission was related to that at all.

As they approached the point that Evan was most worried about, Chloe suggested that the Serperior be taken to a point in a nearby forest that was unoccupied. She watched as Landorus took off in the nearest direction to a forest and simply focused on walking back. The young woman listened as Xander said what he did, but frowned slightly. She had to agree, but also wondered if he was quite in the best state of mind to just give orders like that right now. Still. . . she knew that this was his mission effectively and her own was rather different.

As the boy walked off, however, Chloe simply stood there with a blank look on her face.

". . . Sylph? Can you help us get our bags back?"

-==IC: Colette==-

After she helped the Pokemon she was responsible for get to where they needed to be, Colette decided to just head back home. She knew that she had a fair walk ahead of her and that it would be pretty late by the time she got back if she waited around any longer. On the way back, she thought over what happened that day and how it could have gone better.

No; I shouldn't focus on what went wrong. She corrected herself hastily and smiled. It could have gone better, but she was certain that what had happened would just serve to help make things even better for the future. Colette for once could not wait to get home.

IC: Lohe Mahina - Forest

Lohe turned towards Jenny and slightly swung his head from side to side in thought. "My name is Lohe. Lohe Mahina," he clarified, as he turned his head side to side ever slightly. Definitely needed a moon like this after a day like today. Got treated like an outright criminal for asking questions at an inappropriate time."

He stopped turning his head and stared at Jenny sidelong.

"I got a general knack for rubbing people the wrong way, but I'm just trying to do my job."

Lohe sighed and took a deep breath to calm down.

"Anyway, sorry for venting a bit there. How's life treating you?"

IC: Claus Diamond - Band Hall

"Yeah, well, get this," he said as he prepared to explain a mission more in detail something that to him, made a Pokemon band seem mundane. "They got these weird suits of armor that people can use to let them use Pokemon moves. And they're going to Three Island to test them out fighting those things. Whatever they're calling them."

It occurred to him that is was odd that she didn't actually know any of this.

"I guess you're not Liberty then? I'd think you'd have heard about it if you were. What brings you to Four Island?"

The Gardevoir took a moment to reflect on everything, and, after all that had happened today, decided that this was a moment that could safely be laughed at. "Yes, of course. After I get healed, though, if that's alright? It should only take a moment."

Jared nodded. "No complaints from me. Dahlia, do we want to get another training session in afterwards?"

"You're wanting to train after that?" Lachina asked incredulously. "Dahlia, run, he's clearly trying to kill you."

IC: Ryan Sanders/Dahlia Seaton - The Alamo, Four Island

The gardener chuckled lightly at Lachina's dramatization. "I think I'd better take it easy for the rest of the day. But I'd be up for some more meditation in the morning if we have time before we leave."

Ryan inhaled sharply. "Dahlia, you need to get to the medical wing. Now. Training and meditation can wait until after you've healed."

"Well, I guess it's going a little better. I totally get what you mean, though. I tried to help my friends stop themselves from making a mistake and potentially stranding us in the middle of the ocean, then a bunch of them got angry because I intervened with a Pokemon." Jenny sighed and glanced up at the moon again. "But that was a while ago and it's a little better now, I think things have cooled off a bit. Today was pretty good, though! I helped out a friend of mine's sister and we walked and talked for a while. It was a pretty good time, especially since the last few days have been so gloomy around the base because of everything."

"Oh wow!" Taylor seemed pretty impressed for the first little bit, but then was snapped back down to earth as Claus asked why she was here. "Oh, right! I came to check on a couple of my friends to make sure they were okay after the power went out. I'm not Liberty, though; my dad considered it at one point but decided to just stay back and keep watch over us instead."

The girl put a finger to her chin as she thought about something. "There was someone else who was with me too when I got here. Not sure where he went after I got off the boat. I was a little too impatient and kinda left him behind when we disembarked."

"I agree with Ryan." Chloe smiled at the younger girl. "I get we're in a spot that we need all the help we can get. . . but we also can't risk any training causing injuries that'd take anyone out of commission. So let's get everyone healed, get our stuff back, and then we can focus on what else we need to do to prepare. Alright?"

IC: Jared Winters/Lachina Adaon/Sylph

Jared nodded. "You're right, sorry. I got ahead of myself." He smiled. "So, how about Ryan and I take Dahlia to the infirmary, and you girls go with Sylph to get her healed and get our supplies?"

Lachina shrugged. "I'm for it if Chloe is." She slid off Aolani's back and returned the Altaria with a sigh. "Oh, wait, someone should probably wrangle all these Pokémon to the daycare, huh?"

Sylph nodded, sighing. "Someone should, yes."

Lachina shrugged. "I'll do that, I guess. You guys get injuries dealt with. See you all later?"