Anime General Thread (Official)

Hodor

Cheetor of Beast Wars?!?Lolwut?

That's a parody of the 'Chinese Gundam'. I thought it'd be funny to replace JA with it, simply because most of us are big Gundam fans.

A character-based game with the story of the anime moved over to American shores (because why not), with a slightly lighter and more comedic tone- after all the the title is '(Not Necessarily a Rebuild of) Evangelion'. We're replacing a few of the Angels (Iruel and Armisael so far) with ones from other material, such as the Diemay Angel and Iblis, as well as replacing Jet Alone's design with... this.

Wasn't there a Eva that exploded in Nevada or something? I don't know if that was just in the manga or if it's in multiple media, as the manga is the only version I'm familiar with. As the RPG would borrow from the various continuities you could use it as a way to transport the story to over here across the puddle.Is this going to be hosted here or somewhere else?EDIT: Darn ninjas!
No media of that sort exists to my knowledge, so you might be thinking of an Adeptus Evangelion campaign. As for where it's being hosted, because of the subject matter (Evangelion isn't really BZP-safe, what with the Freudian symbolism and the meaningless biblical references), I'm hosting it on another site, though I could do a VERY toned down version for here as well.

hElbrZ6.gif

Yeah, the manga handled that better, since

they made his personality a bit more jovial (like the 'do you like melons?' bit) and didn't have the whole incident with Isaac Mcdougal. The adaptation is way more straightforward about his evilness, and has some better-done wham episodes later.

Edited by Cobui

fjRqLk4.jpg

You mean Unit 04? The one that opened up a Dirac Sea and lead to Unit 03 being transported to Japan?

Oh you guys mean that? Have the stand in for that taken care of in the backstory and planned out for plot importance- it's going to show back up. Since the pilot is a white haired, red-eyed, half-Angelic bishonen, he's a red herring to throw the players off of Kaworu showing up. Used him in an one-off AdEva game a few weeks back. This pretty much sums him up.Speaking of Evangelion, finally got around to watching Death and Rebirth. Seeing as I already saw the 21'-24', there was no really point of me seeing it other then devotion to EVA. Edited by Alastor

hElbrZ6.gif

THERE'S A THE WORLD ENDS WITH YOU MANGA.Nothing really that special, just a short 32-Page 2 chapter thing, but kinda funny... I'd think that TWEWY would make a great anime, each of the 21 days could be an episode, with the secret day as an OVA. They also need to make BlazBlue into an anime, the story is confusing as heck.

Good thing is its in development heck, so it (hopefully) won't happen. Of course, Final Fantasy Versus XIII is in Development heck. and everyone wants that to come out.Also turns out when the BlazBlue producer said he was doing BB3, he also said he wanted a BB anime. OH PLEASE YES!

Edited by Terminus24

A live action Evangelion could be one of the best unintended comedies in history.And now back to me making random remarks about how awesome Fullmetal Alchemist is.

New!Greed is pretty hilarious. Also: Envy's true form wasn't that creepy, just really, really visible CG.I get the feeling that whenever they get Al's body back he's going to be taller then Ed, Heh.

Edited by BenLuke-116

They also might do a live-action Bleach movie, to that I say anyone who thinks that could possibly go well is completely wrong.Oh, and the Bleach anime is ending, but I'd expect it to come back soon (with a subtitle, of course), once we get a bit into the final arc. Glad they didn't decide to do another whole year of filler.Because Bleach has waaay too much filler, and the universe knows NOBODY WANTS MORE, because it's 99% of the time awful.And Bleach is being replaced by that Naruto Spinoff anime with Rock Lee... Didn't really like that manga...

Edited by Terminus24

Ah, filler, the bane of arc driven entertainment everywhere.And now for something completely different:I've been thinking about getting into Gundam, but I haven't a clue were to start. Seriously, I've been reading various "What Gundam series to start with" dicussions elsewhere on the internet and nobody seems to agree on anything apart that the live action move sucked. Any suggestions?

Edited by BenLuke-116

Start with the Gundam 0079 compilation movie trilogy, then watch the Zeta TV Series, followed by Double Zeta, and ending with Char's Counterattack. From there, you can pretty much watch anything in any order you like, barring Turn A (you really DO need to see the rest of the franchise at around 1999 beforehand).

Edited by Alastor

hElbrZ6.gif

Oh, and the Bleach anime is ending, but I'd expect it to come back soon (with a subtitle, of course), once we get a bit into the final arc. Glad they didn't decide to do another whole year of filler.

I really do hope they finish it. I don't want to switch over to the manga just to see the ending. I'VE MADE IT THIS FAR DARN IT

Well, Bleach's ratings dipped over the past year, mainly because of the filler, and the Fullbringer Arc was the worst manga arc, so Bleach has been at the end of the Jump reader surveys (but the manga isn't ending anytime soon, going on for like 5+ more years). Also if they continued it, they would need to do a filler arc. AND THOSE ARE THE MOST AWFUL THINGS EVER MADE. I'd really expect the final arc to be animated sometime in the future, when it can be done with no filler.

That's actually what he plans to do. Its suppposed to be longer than the Arrancar arc and Fullbringer arc combined, so that's an easy 5+ years for Bleach's final arc. And Kubo does have a special talent for dragging things out (if he didn't I'm sure the final arc would be done by now :P ).Just saw the newest Guilty Crown...Gai is totally messed up in the head...INORI IS NOW THE MOST EPIC CHARACTER IN THE WHOLE SERIES.

Edited by Terminus24

Ah, so like Rebuild of Evangelion, rather than, say, the Fullmetal Alchemist movies? NOW I MUST SEE THEM!

Sort of and no. Rebuild actually reanimates everything and the second movie veers off from how events in the series would go. The Gurren Lagann movies reuse footage from the show while modifying or adding in new parts in particular the ending battles. The biggest differences can be found in the second GL movie where none of the Team Gurren members (except for Kittan) die. Edited by jala12

evangelyne.jpg

I got the final print issue of Shonen Jump today, I'm kinda sad to see the last real Mangazine in the US go out of print... I enjoy getting a new copy in the mail each month, plus there are also all the color pages that aren't usually in the manga volumes. Anyways, I'll be picking up a few copies... Because I've seen out-of-print Jump issues go for $500+.Although Alpha is great, I would have preferred a monthly print Mangazine instead of a weekly digital one, and WSJAlpha issues expire after a year, and I still have old copies of Jump...