Anime General Thread (Official)

Hodor

Just found out that my dad was watching the original Fullmetal Alchemist on his i-phone. I let him borrow my collection so he could watch it in better quality. :3

zolfbanner.jpg

So take my hand, Now you'll never be lonely, Not when I'm home, sweet home

I see your star, you left it burning for me

Mother, I'm here

I'm watching most/all of the new stuff as they're added.So far (of what I've seen) Nisemonogatari is looking best because it's prequel was cool.

Yeah, same here. i didn't watch Nisemonogatari yet because i didn't watch the one before it yet. But I might do that tonight. Edited by Kenpachi Zaraki

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

I'm not really interested in the Familiar of Zero anime. It isn't really that good. Too many harem antics.

True, but since I watched the other seasons I feel like I have to watch this one too. Although, there was that really awesome scene towards the end of the second season (I think)... I'm just going to hope for something like that to happene again. :P Edited by ckmc

Lacertus

Kirby anime?It any good? Cuz I'd like to see a video game based anime that isn't plain awful (Final Fantasy Unlimited and Devil May Cry come to mind...)

The Devil may cry Anime was AWSOME.Any DMC fan would know it was perfectly done.Which reminds me... I need to finish watching viewtiful Joe. Edited by Shuma-Gorath

Gamers rise up, not down

I'm still trying to decide if I should count Viewtiful Joe as an anime. It's like nothing I've watched. Animation, plot, just about everything. >_<

Drawn by Japanese studio with a japanese storyline.. Truthfullly, I don't really see the diference between japanese and american animation other then style and the typicly older target audience.It's based on the game. Which was a very unique concept. Edited by Shuma-Gorath

Gamers rise up, not down

I know DMC was a great anime for the fans of the games, but I couldn't really enjoy it as much since I haven't really played any DMC games (have 4 for IPod touch and getting the HD Collection). My girlfriend absolutely loves DMC, so I kinda had to watch it, I enjoyed parts of it, but overall really would much rather see something else. Also, the more I tell her about Puella Magi Madoka Magica, the less she wants to see it. :PAnd while we are still slightly on the topic of game-based anime, anyone seen the Xenosaga anime? That game is a total pain to get through (other words: I'm stuck) and wondering if it is any good...

I know DMC was a great anime for the fans of the games, but I couldn't really enjoy it as much since I haven't really played any DMC games (have 4 for IPod touch and getting the HD Collection). My girlfriend absolutely loves DMC, so I kinda had to watch it, I enjoyed parts of it, but overall really would much rather see something else.Also, the more I tell her about Puella Magi Madoka Magica, the less she wants to see it. :PAnd while we are still slightly on the topic of game-based anime, anyone seen the Xenosaga anime? That game is a total pain to get through (other words: I'm stuck) and wondering if it is any good...

Well theres you're problem. Play the games man. Well, you can skip 2 if you want, but play 1 and 3.

Gamers rise up, not down

My mom would probably never let me watch Eva, considering how oversensitive she is when it comes to the media. She probably wouldn't even let me watch Rebuild. I'm just hoping that she realizes I would never base my life philosophy off of this show, considering that I decided to base it off TTGL a long time ago.

fjRqLk4.jpg

Eva= baseline comparison for all anime.Gurren Lagann= Eva + EpicnessMadoka Magica= Eva of Magical GirlsGuilty Crown= Eva - Giant RobotsSchool Rumble= The Alternate reality in the last ep. of EvaBakuman= Making EvaYou can compare anything to Eva.

Point. But it's not like my mom's going to listen to that.

fjRqLk4.jpg