Anime General Thread (Official)

Hodor

The end of the year is approaching, so I want to ask the inevitable question: what was your favourite anime of this year? It can be any anime you watched this year, meaning that it doesn't have to be made in 2011.For me it has to be either C3 or Angel Beats!. If I had to make a choice, I'd say C3 is my favourite at the moment.

~Blue Dragon~

Of what I've seen this year, which is a pretty small amount of stuff, I'd say that Loveless and Gravitation are currently tied as my favorite, only juuust beating out Kuroshitsuji. (Which I finished this year)I'm not going to say Hellsing: Ultimate, just because only episode VIII was released this year, and I watched all the other episodes last year.

Edited by Spink

Ultimate's a lot better than the first, and in my opinion, it does get better. I haven't read the manga for it, so I don't have an opinion on how fast they went through scenes, but it felt like it worked for the relatively fast pace of the series (in terms of atmosphere, fights, and the like). Though, I suppose condensing all of the manga into 10 episodes would cause it to be rushed more in some places.

Characters get focused a lot more on later, though the Valentine brothers were kinda just being used as a catalyst for the plot, versus actual characters (from my perspective, at least).the VIIth OVA, and even the VIIIth, go a lot more into the characters as characters than the other episodes. (But then again, some big stuff happens in those episodes too)

Edited by Spink

Since i'm alot like Kothra in terms of picking, I will copy him and do the same XD(but they will be in their japanese names)To Aru Majutsu No IndexH2O Footprints in the SandZettai Karen ChildrenC³To Aru Kagaku no RailgunTo Love-RuZero no TsukaimaThere is like ALOT more I can put in but for the sake of time i wont do that XDAs for favorite genres....It dont really matter, if the Anime is good then I like it XD

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooo4.0 was pushed back to 2013 :(I was wating for all to be released before watching, but now I might as well just watch them. Another 1+ year is so long away.

:o What...Why did Evangelion: FINAL have to be pushed back a year? WHY?I mean, is it because they want to make more money off otakus buying Rei figurines in the years between?

Hmm, Evangelion: 3.0 - YOU CAN (NOT) REDO? *Cue people everywhere claiming this as proof that Rebuild is the universe created by Kaworu coming back in time to make Shinji happy*....Wait.Oh you got to be kidding me! Asuka in a plugsuit with CAT EARS? Is this an attempt to make money off the otakus who like catgirls? And turning Asuka the Awesome Pirate Captain into a Cat-Girl?THIS IS BLASPHEMY! THIS IS MADNESS!

I heard about Bandai earlier today, sucks cause there were a few things from them I wanted to see...AND this means no more english Gurren Lagann manga releases!!! I really don't like it when stuff I like isn't available here... Hoping for someone to acquire Full Metal Panic: Sigma and (although highly unlikely), Skygirls.