Anime General Thread (Official)

Hodor

The only Anime I ever really got into was Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, though I did enjoy some others like Ghost in the Shell.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Final Fantasy Unlimited: Complete Collection, DVD (Probably the worst anime ever, IMO)

I've seen way worse.Way, way worse.
Well, It's the worst I've seen.And I'd like to keep it that way.
You should, man. Never watch Mars of Destruction. My brain cells... ;_;

hElbrZ6.gif

I think i was able to watch only 3 animes while the forums were off: 1- Code Geass2- Hidan no Aria3- Ao No Exorcist There can be more, i do not remember actually... Currently watching Hayate No Gotoku. BTW, someone here is watching Ao No Exorcist? :P

Edited by jalar

I think i was able to watch only 3 animes while the forums were off: 1- Code Geass2- Hidan no Aria3- Ao No Exorcist There can be more, i do not remember actually... Currently watching Hayate No Gotoku. BTW, someone here is watching Ao No Exorcist? :P

I was watching Ao no Exorcist, but I finished it a few weeks ago. Good series. :P

Lacertus

Haven't watched anything in a while, but I absolutely love Keroro Gunso and Gundam (0079, 00, and Unicorn). I just wish all the subbed Keroro eps didn't get taken down because of copyright claims... Don't get me wrong, I love the abridged series dub, but there's way more subbed than dubbed episodes and the only way to watch them online was taken down.

19704_s.gif

Tiger and Bunny's a good one. Superheroes who are driven by corporation interest and whatnot. Though I think it's fine, CG might not be to your liking. Persona 4's anime is also just starting, and it looks pretty good so far. I'd also recommend Fate/Zero.

Tiger and Bunny was pretty funny. @Kothra: I'll check those out.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

Mecha... Mecha... Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann is a good mecha series (enough to warrant its own topic :P). Other than that, I haven't seen too many mecha series. However, for general reccomendations I have a ton. Here are a few of my favorite series: Anything by Studio Bones. Seriously. :P Darker than BlackGosickThe World God Only KnowsTiger and Bunny Edit: Okay, so we've all seen Tiger and Bunny. :PAo no ExorcistClannadFullmetal AlchemistKaze no Stigma And I liked [C] - Control, but it got rather mixed reviews. I think you have to have an interest in finances to fully appreciate it, but that's just me. :P Anyway, I hope some of these interest you. :biggrin:

Edited by ckmc

Lacertus

>>Fate/stay night That anime was pretty bad compared to the source material, to be honest. Buuuut I can't really say more about said source because of not-so-kiddy content that the anime replaced with dragons and dolphins. Even then, the animation's not up to par. ufotable's doing wonders with F/Z though.

Watched a bunch of stuff during the downtime as well. Durarara!!Steins;GateBokurano: OursDeadman WonderlandChaos;HeadBaccano! Deadman Wonderland is hilariously bad. Steins;Gate and Durarara!! are great. Planning on watching either Wandering Son, RahXephon, or Mushishi next.

despite that he saw blatant similarity

he struggled to find distinctive moiety

all he found was vulgar superficiality

but he focused it to sharpness

and shared it with the others

it signified his anger and his misery

them and us

My Anime collection is pretty small, since I usually watch movies on Film4. I have Series 1 of Hetalia: Axis Powers (Had to get my dad to buy it for me, I'm 13, it's a 15 and HMV is getting stricter.)Professor Layton and the Eternal DivaAppleseed (The one with all the CGI and Briareos... :3) But ones which I have seen on TV purely... The Cat ReturnsKiku's Kiki's Delivery Service :P (First one I ever watched. We NEED a Hetalia crossover of it.)My Neighbour TotoroFrom Yesterday I think I've seen some others, but they mainly show Studio Ghilbi. Also, Pokemon: Zoroark. on CITV. Ones I've watched on the internet are Chobits, Pokemon and Hetalia. I like ending songs loads. Especially the Japanese nes. Uninstall and Marukaite Chikyuu, Hatafutte Parade, and Wa Wa World Ondo! are awesome. So what if three of them are Hetalia songs? And you Americans are so lucky. You have Hot Topic, which sells Hetalia T-Shirts, like Prussia with Gilbird saying that he's awesome.

Tahu.png

i wanna be the very best

like no one ever was

to catch them is my real test

to train them is my cause

Tiger and Bunny's a good one. Superheroes who are driven by corporation interest and whatnot. Though I think it's fine, CG might not be to your liking. Persona 4's anime is also just starting, and it looks pretty good so far. I'd also recommend Fate/Zero.

I will have to check out Persona 4, I had forgotten it was out yet. Though I am not sure if it will be as hilarious as the Persona 4 Comic dub.

"Danger is the anvil on which trust is forged"-Jaller(Jala) :smilejala: 
"We're on our own here-like we've always been-and we'll stand or fall on our own"-Tanma
"He may seem slow and strange to you, but his simple words often carry a hidden wisdom"-Turaga Vakama on Kapura

9B586E38-224D-4703-8EE3-5A0AC1CB8344.png.4f8ec6246a5ad7273e1c0d55cb15537e.png
Kanohi: Stories of a Matoran Vigilante The Impact of a Rebirth: a Kanohi Fanfic The Willing Exiles: a Kanohi Fanfic SKA PC Profiles: Kanohi, Collector, Mahrika Kardaka BZPRPG Profiles Avatar by @Harvali 

Huh, never really watched nearly as much as you all have, even within BZP's downtime. I don't watch much, but I manage to watch some anime (Evangelion and Rozen Maiden for example) within 2-3 days, since I'm crazy like that, and I have lots of time on my hands. There's lots I want to rewatch, but I REALLY need to get to watching more that I've planned to watch during the summer but put off for so long. (wow, I'm really lazy >_<)Since I feel like it, I may as well list the anime I love to bits.1. Rozen Maiden (when it comes to anime and such, I'm such a hipster. xD Love this to ATOMS! ATOMS!)2. Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann (epic and manly, but it still will never manage to top Rozen Maiden)3. Panty and Stocking (notice how this and the previous one are pretty popular, but my number 1 is the most underrated thing I've ever watched? Besides that, I love P&S just because it's just. Wow. But where the fell is season 2!?)I don't really have much else to list, but those are just awesome enough.

Please enjoy a series of on signals and off signals sent from a far off computer to yours, forming short messages that may disturb and amuse!

Captain Giggles is hilarious. ia, ia, cthulhu fhtagn! I take it you never read the novel, then? Oh right, another anime I forgot. Puella Madoka Magica Magi. Written by the guy who wrote FZ. Don't be put off by the cutesy designs and whatnot. It's pretty good.

Edited by Undying Light of the Lake

I was watching Ao no Exorcist, but I finished it a few weeks ago. Good series. :P
Yeah, i finished it too. It become my favorite anime. However, the final was REALLY bad. '-'

Watched a bunch of stuff during the downtime as well. Durarara!!Steins;GateBokurano: OursDeadman WonderlandChaos;HeadBaccano! Deadman Wonderland is hilariously bad. Steins;Gate and Durarara!! are great. Planning on watching either Wandering Son, RahXephon, or Mushishi next.

I Really recomend that you read the Mangá version of Deadman Wonderland. By what i know, the mangá continues, and the anime has finished. XD Edited by jalar

Can anyone recommend some anime to watch? I'm trying to find some Mecha or action...

You need Mecha? You've came to the right guy. Gaiking: Legend of Daiku MaryuFang of Sun Dougram (Legend of the Galactic Heroes WITH MECHA!)Neon Genesis Evangelion (...sorta. Nobody knows what to classify the EVAs as. [Obligatory Tang Joke Here.])Space Runaway IdeonRahXephonShin MazingerGiant RoboGetter Robo (Manga > OVAs > 70s anime > Getter Robo Go anime)Blue Comet SPT Layzner (Just hope you have a tolerance for the subs taking for ever...)Armored Trooper VotomsBig O (Batman WITH MECHA!)Daitarn-3 (James Bond WITH MECHA!)Martian Successor NadesicoGunbuster/Top wo Nerae!Rayearth OVAVisions of EscaflowneAura Battler DunbineGaoGaiGarPatlabor (you'll need to look up the watch order though; two different timelines)MacrossVandreadKotetsushin JeegThe Five-Star Stories (The manga is better, but watch the movie to get a taste)Dai-Guard

hElbrZ6.gif

I watched Full Metal Alchemist, both of them and found I liked Brotherhood better, especially since it basically animates the Manga. Not really into Anime mainly into Manga.

Lonliness echoes through my mind like the reaper's footsteps,

Creeping, crawling until every reverberation of it fills my thoughts,

As the inky blackness of night overwhelms me and I begin to despair,

His hand, the One, will always be there to pull me through.

Don't you just love it when you lose all your BZPower info as well as your email info and are forced to use an old alt? I know I do!

Buy them. :P

Anime: my anti-drug. Because when your addicted to anime, you can't afford any drugs.

RahXephon

Yeeeeeeeah, watch that twice and/or when nothing can bother you. You really need to pay attention to understand what the heck is going on. Then watch the Quon focused OVA. Again, pay attention. It's even more of brain-buster then the series. ...which is quite te feat. Might want to skip the movie, beyond the ending and Tune The Rainbow (YOKO KANNO DID IT AGAIN) it really goes down hill after you leave Tokyo Jupiter IMO. But that gets a mixed reception from fans, so just be alert. Can't say about the manga or novels though. Haven't read them.

You all should really go watch Legend of The Galactic Heroes if you want the best anime ever made.

Aye. Need to make time for that myself, never get past the first episode with out having to turn my focus on other things... Speaking of things I'm going to watch, plan on watching/finishing this month: Betterman (1999, 26 episodes)Hear this is basically Patlabor meets The X-Files. Shares a universe with GaoGaiGar, despite being having a vastly different tone and being a horror series. Gaiking: Legend of Daiku Maryu (2005, 39 episodes)Show is just plain fun. Also, Proist's about to show up. Dancougar Nova (2007, 12 episodes)It's, for all purposes, a third season of Gravion. And I loved Gravion, so this is likely right up my alley when I need some giant robot action romps. Fight! Iczer-1 (1985-7, 3 episodes)Need to watch to get the plot it has in SRW L. Only 90 minutes long and has a pretty freaking awesome soundtrack. Adventure! Iczer-3 (1990-1991, 6 episodes)See above. Re: Cutie Honey (2004, 3 episodes)I need my Go Nagai and Gainax fix.

hElbrZ6.gif

Can anyone recommend some anime to watch? I'm trying to find some Mecha or action...

You need Mecha? You've came to the right guy. Gaiking: Legend of Daiku MaryuFang of Sun Dougram (Legend of the Galactic Heroes WITH MECHA!)Neon Genesis Evangelion (...sorta. Nobody knows what to classify the EVAs as. [Obligatory Tang Joke Here.])Space Runaway IdeonRahXephonShin MazingerGiant RoboGetter Robo (Manga > OVAs > 70s anime > Getter Robo Go anime)Blue Comet SPT Layzner (Just hope you have a tolerance for the subs taking for ever...)Armored Trooper VotomsBig O (Batman WITH MECHA!)Daitarn-3 (James Bond WITH MECHA!)Martian Successor NadesicoGunbuster/Top wo Nerae!Rayearth OVAVisions of EscaflowneAura Battler DunbineGaoGaiGarPatlabor (you'll need to look up the watch order though; two different timelines)MacrossVandreadKotetsushin JeegThe Five-Star Stories (The manga is better, but watch the movie to get a taste)Dai-Guard
Don't Forget Mazinger Z

Don't Forget Mazinger Z
That's why Shin Mazinger is there. >>

hElbrZ6.gif

Don't Forget Mazinger Z
That's why Shin Mazinger is there. >>
Don´t forget Gundam, and its various series.

Don´t forget Gundam, and its various series.

That was already suggested though.

I enjoy it, I'm oldschool , but I'll respect your opinon. What do you think about Tosho Daimos and Mobile Suit Gundam?

Haven't gotten around to Daimos, but I loves me some 0079.

hElbrZ6.gif

This season is a lot less exciting than I'd hoped. For me, there's Ika Musume S2 (my personal favorite of the season), Working'!! (which no one has subbed for nearly 3 days now, not that I like HorribleSubs or anything), Persona 4 (QUALITY: The Animation), and Mirai Nikki. That's not counting 24/26 episode shows carrying over from the summer season, though. And on the topic of buying, my Kaiji S2 box set should arrive tomorrow. I am SO ready.

kaiji.jpg

KUYASHII

­

Xbox LIVE Gamertag: ImaGonnaGetYou

I enjoy it, I'm oldschool , but I'll respect your opinon. What do you think about Tosho Daimos and Mobile Suit Gundam?

0079, 00, and Unicorn I loved. Have a ton of Gunpla, too. Mostly just 1/144 HGs, but I have 2 1/100 MGs, 3 1/144 RGs, and 2 1/100 NGs. Oops wrong topic. I also watched about half of Zeta, but kinda lost interest after episode 34 or something.
19704_s.gif