Anime General Thread (Official)

Hodor

And here I am wanting a MISAKA figma (running between $100 and $160 ish from what I've seen—of cours it was like $200 a couple months ago)... I may have to give up on it though since its so much that I probably won't be able to find it once I can afford it.

misaka_76_banner_800.jpg

Eh, I just put 'em both on my Christmas list and I'll see what happens. If I don't get them, Christmas cash'll do the job.Anyway, just finished Tiger and Bunny. So... is that it? I mean, it was still fantastic, but only 25 episodes? Is there a second season in the works? I heard about the confirmation on two movies, but another season would be great too...

i noticed that alot of anime that are out isnt dubbed...Which means i ask this: I bought the TO-LOve-Ru box set(all 26 episodes) from an american store(hastings) and it's only in Jap Dubs Eng subs...did they ever dub it or did they just bring it over that way?

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

I just finished watching Gurren Lagann. I loved it! ^^Other anime shows I like are Blood +, Karin (I'm actually a bigger fan of the manga), Midori Days (again, more-so the manga), and Azumanga Daioh! and Yu-Gi-Oh Season Zero. ^^Not to mention anything and everything done by Studio Ghibli (well, most films at least. I like some more than others ^^; )

Edited by Tekulo: Toa of Wind

Executive Vice President of Tomato Throwing

Been reading Getter Robo Saga by Ken Ishikawa as fan translations are released- meaning I'm waiting for Ah to come out.You think TTGL is manly? That has NOTHING on this manga.

I see your Getter Robo and raise you a Mazinger Z. But wait, there's more! I also play a King of Braves, GaoGaiGar in ATK mode as well! Can you outmanly those two?Anyway, seeing that I've finished Higurashi, and I can't really be stuffed watching some of Umineko, I've decided to try watching FLCL and maybe Elfen Lied. It's fun seeing how much strain my mind can handle.

Been reading Getter Robo Saga by Ken Ishikawa as fan translations are released- meaning I'm waiting for Ah to come out.You think TTGL is manly? That has NOTHING on this manga.

I see your Getter Robo and raise you a Mazinger Z. But wait, there's more! I also play a King of Braves, GaoGaiGar in ATK mode as well! Can you outmanly those two?
Oh yeah. Big time. That manga is so insanely manly you WILL grow a beard from reading it.DINOSAURSGIANT ROBOTS.KUNG-FU FIGHTSSCIENCECRAZY SIDEBURNSAnd that's from the original alone. Edited by Alastor

hElbrZ6.gif

Anybody know some good mecha series for me to get into? I've only seen TTGL, and am currently begging my mom for the Rebuild of Evangelion movies (for my own reasons, I've decided it might not be best for me to watch the original series for now, though I do hope to see it at a later point). I've been looking for G Gundam, but I can't find any episodes online. Just for taste reference (I haven't finished all of these), I like:

• [*]Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann[*]Darker than Black[*]Afro Samurai[*]Halo: Legends[*]Fullmetal Alchemist (both series)[*]Tiger and Bunny[*]FLCL[*]Death Note

Up until recently, I was marathoning a bunch of series over Netflix, but that kinda stopped when my mom changed our password (though I can still watch it on our TV). Suggestions for anything I can find cheap on DVD or maybe Hulu would be greatly appreciated.

fjRqLk4.jpg

@ Kothra: I expected as much..thought that maybe they possibly made a Dub...oh well.@Cobui: I know where you can watch G Gundam(if not that one at least Gundam Seed, Gundam Seed destiny and some other Gundam shows). I'll see about PMing you the site to watch them at XD

Kenpachi Zaraki Captain of squad 11

Read This to learn about kenpachi.

odstreflect.png

Credit to Republic Commando Darman for the banner.

I see your Getter Robo and raise you a Mazinger Z. But wait, there's more! I also play a King of Braves, GaoGaiGar in ATK mode as well! Can you outmanly those two?
Oh yeah. Big time. That manga is so insanely manly you WILL grow a beard from reading it.DINOSAURSGIANT ROBOTS.KUNG-FU FIGHTSSCIENCECRAZY SIDEBURNSAnd that's from the original alone.
"So much for the laws of physics!" -Hayato Jin, Getter Robo Armageddon

I already have a small beard, and I'm thirteen. I don't need to grow one by reading it. HAIL RYOMA, GOD OF MANLINESS!

But if you want me to outmanly it, I present Gunbuster and Diebuster. It's WO-MANLY.

I tried watching Code Geass, but I can't find more than a few low-quality uploads on any of the usual streaming sites. And I've heard of another show called GaoGaiGar, but I don't know that much about it.

So you want to know about the King of Braves, GaoGaiGar? Well it's a mecha series about a team that fights evil monsters every episode so they can be purified of evil. The main character is Guy Shishioh, a cyborg who's title is the King of Braves. He jumps into a robot lion named Galeon and fuses with it to become the mecha GaiGar, before combining with a bullet train, stealth bomber and two drill tanks to form the titular mecha, GaoGaiGar. Edited by Hubert: Crimson Lord

I just finished watching Infinite Stratos. Definitely one of my favorites. I also watched the new Mashiroiro episode, and I think it's the heaviest in the season so far. Of course, this also means I'm very much looking forward to next week =) Also, Guilty Crown. I've got a theory about Gai using some of the information from the new episode:

I think he has the Apocalypse Virus. We know from Jun that he could see Voids because of the virus, so this could also count for Gai. This could also explain why he needs blood transfusions

~Blue Dragon~

Checking out the .hack series right now... Anyone have a suggestion for another anime when I'm done with that? I'm pretty low on titles.

The Redwall RPG; closed now
Update: RPG has migrated to another location and merged with another. Update 3/29/14 Still Alive 8+ years
Credit to Supernova Productions and Expired! for the Avatar.

Apparently I'm now Kopaka?

I just realised that Carnival Phantasm makes absolutely no sense to me. Just like the works of the fanfic author Shadow Crystal Mage. The more I think about it the more I realise that Carnival Phantasm feels as if it came from the insane mind of the aforementioned author, who somehow combined Lyrical Nanoha and Green Lantern.Anyway, if you guys have seen End of Evangelion, how did you feel after watching it?

Anyway, if you guys have seen End of Evangelion, how did you feel after watching it?

Confused.And sad.
Really? I felt indifferent for some reason, yet I enjoyed the movie.For some reason Asuka's eh, death scene didn't really creep me out that much. Edited by Hubert: Crimson Lord