Anime General Thread (Official)

Hodor

I was going to preorder the limited editions of Puella Magi Madoka Magica.Then I noticed that they were $75 each. On sale. And there are three of them. (I thought the Special Edition would have the entire series...)I'm sorry, but I'm not spending $225 to watch 12 episodes of anime. My limit is around $60 per season, and I usually spend a LOT less...

Well, this has been a pretty "productive" week for me. I managed to finish both Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood, and Clannad (both seasons). I'm especially glad to have Clannad out of the way, as my friends have been bugging me about it for the past few months. :DNow to start studying for those pesky semester finals...

Lacertus

Does anyone know where I can get FMA:B dvds cheap? I'd love to own the entire series, but fifty bucks a pop just doesn't work for me right now. I've occasionally found them on sale at Best Buy. Do any of you know anywhere else?

zolfbanner.jpg

So take my hand, Now you'll never be lonely, Not when I'm home, sweet home

I see your star, you left it burning for me

Mother, I'm here

Right Stuf had the first two sets for $16 each during the holiday sales, and the funimation store had the other three for $22.50 each, so you may be looking at a bad time, but...It looks like Walmart is selling sets 1 and 2 as a single item for $23, and the same price for sets 3 and 4 combined. The reviews indicate that the discs are the same as in the original sets and in new condition, but the packaging could be damaged or different.

snowballs_c.gif

lhh2.gif

I have no idea what my opinion on episode 12 of Guilty Crown is.On one hand, it does a really good job explaining Shu and Gai's past, and it had some good action sequences. And it proves what i was thinking about Inori/ Shu's Sister. On the other, that should have been explained earlier, and those are in every episode.The end also felt over-the-top generic, as it ended with

Shu holding Inori in his arms, and they are both crying over the deaths of Mana and Gai... I was kinda hoping Inori would go too, I like Hare a lot better... Plus Inori was also part of Mana...

Oh, and you find out that Shu was this totally awesome kid. With no fear. And awesome social skills.I think my opinion is: it was meh.Waiting for the next one, though.

It'd help a bit if you said what genre you interested in, "Anime" covers a simply massive amount of genres. I'd have some suggestions, but it would be good to know what you'd like to see, since everyone's tastes are a bit different.Anyways, after watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica AND Guilty Crown episode 12 (which was more of a letdown than anything), I'm in desperate need of something funny (i'm tired of all these depressing shows). Something ridicoulosly hillarious. A had a list of about 4-5 series I wanted to watch after I finished everything I'd been watching, but I'm really in the mood for something that will just make me laugh, any suggestions?

@ Toatali: I highly recommend Darker than Black if you're into dark fantasy/sci-fi.@ Terminus: Sgt. Frog and FLCL are both WAY up there on the goofy scale. Either of those would be good for unwinding after watching a Deconstruction like PMMM.

Edited by Cobui

fjRqLk4.jpg

It'd help a bit if you said what genre you interested in, "Anime" covers a simply massive amount of genres. I'd have some suggestions, but it would be good to know what you'd like to see, since everyone's tastes are a bit different.Anyways, after watching Puella Magi Madoka Magica AND Guilty Crown episode 12 (which was more of a letdown than anything), I'm in desperate need of something funny (i'm tired of all these depressing shows). Something ridicoulosly hillarious. A had a list of about 4-5 series I wanted to watch after I finished everything I'd been watching, but I'm really in the mood for something that will just make me laugh, any suggestions?

Excel Saga. Hayate the combat butler. Ranma 1/2. Nerima Daikon Brothers.Seriously, comadies are all I watch.

I'm probably going to start with FLCL, saw the first episode a while back and laughed so much, then kinda forgot about it... Plus it's short, so it should be some good, quick relief.

Huh. The only thing I found funny about episode 1 was when they randomly switched to manga pics for a minute. Edited by Shuma-Gorath

Gamers rise up, not down

Seriously, comadies are all I watch. I personally don't like FLCL/Hahuri/lucky star, they didn't really make me laugh out loud.

Although, I haven't seen FLCL or Haruhi yet... and I've only seen like 3 episodes of Lucky Star... (I put it on hold because it was somewhat boring) Azumanga Daioh! probably could make you "lol".Hands down the funniest Anime I've ever watched. Plus, really good characters. Edited by Vataki

naw man

Wait really? episode 26-39 is the best IMO. i know it's not based off the manga but it's really funny.Season 2 I liked until the latter half of it. But season 1 is excellent. The movie just came out too, But it references to manga things which I found a bit odd, considering you may not have read it.

Gamers rise up, not down

Soul Eater can be pretty funny!

tumblr_n2r10eoieo1qz8x31o1_400.gif?w=720

Blog: toatalireviews.com