• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Click to ToggleParticipate in our raffle!

Hi, Guest. Come take a look and participate in our raffle:

Chima 2014 Big Raffle
Chima 2014 New Member Raffle
Chima 2014 Little Raffle

Photo

Major Confusions On Elements?

• Please log in to reply
323 replies to this topic

#321 Offline bonesiii

bonesiii
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Forum Leaders
  • Perpetual Master of Reference

• 18,208 posts
  •   BZP Leader

Posted Jan 04 2013 - 05:28 PM

FTR, it's been pointed out in a report that this was revived, but for now I'm treating it sort of as an official topic since it will be replaced at some point with one. (Whenever I get around to it. :P)

Magnetism vs. Gravity -- the difference -- and it's not a physics one that would directly answer the question but it can explain the difference psychologically -- is that Gravity is a natural part of everyday life on the large scale. Magnetism is not. Magnetism IS operating inside and between atoms constantly, but on the large scale it's odd. So absorbing it is not likely to cause major problems. My guess is that the GBs put an artificial limit on Gravity Toa for this reason, and also (a fallback reason if that's not true, or an addition reason if it is) so that they wouldn't be overpowered considering Gravity has some advantages already no other does.

Note that the GB reasoning for such limits would have been against the risk of a Gravity Toa glitching and going berserk, rather than using full-sapient freewill to choose evil, but the effect is the same.

#322 Offline A Magus With Class

A Magus With Class
  • Members
  • Nuhvok-Kal Attacks!

• 3,021 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 04 2013 - 05:47 PM

@stargate: That's just the preprogrammed gender the GB's gave them. Why are there no female toa of fire?

1322709438521.jpg

#323 Offline High Voltage

High Voltage
  • Members
  • Toa

• 151 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 05 2013 - 03:44 AM

why are there no known male toa of lightning?is there some sort of hormone malfunction that blocks them from obtaining such a power?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

They were just programmed that way.  Also, the colour blue.

Edited by High Voltage, Jan 05 2013 - 03:47 AM.

Blah blah signature blah.  With italic to make it look fancy.

#324 Offline The Real Slim Shady

The Real Slim Shady
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Members
  • Low brass will rule the world

• 253 posts
  •  

Posted Jan 05 2013 - 06:38 PM

I used to think that Toa of Earth could control boulders, which is a stone power.

I like BZP so much, I named my Minecraft account Dimensioneer.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users