• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Bionicle Table-Top Roleplaying Game?

bionicle tabletop table top rpg

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline The Mask of Ice

The Mask of Ice
  • Members
  • Stalwart Defender

• 31-July 08
  • 425 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 27 2012 - 02:29 PM

It would be nice if a third party Bionicle tabletop RPG were made. I think FATE would work best for a system. For those unfamiliar with the FATE system; It's a generic freeform system framework which can be built upon to create any number of genre-specific systems. What makes it differ from other systems is that all players play a part in creating the game world, and can influence the story out of character. Reading the core rules will help clarify the following ideas (FATE core rules: http://www.faterpg.com). Here are some system ideas:
  • At the beginning of a campaign, probably during the whole first session, each player (including the referee, or Game Master) creates the following for the game world:
1. A world: A planet, giant robot or other celestial object. There will typically be one, with every player designing a portion of it. 2. An island. 3. A faction: A gang, corporation or other organization. 4. An event: A current event which could bring about change. Once it is fulfilled, it changes the world (or island, if it happens on a small scale) on which it occurs.
  • All characters have a race and role which grant them benefits. For example: Toa gain elemental manipulation as their top skill, Matoran get extra knowledge or profession skills, Vortixx gain extra profession related stunts, Skakdi gain vision powers and cooperative elemental manipulation as a skill, etc. Role benefits could include: Stalwart, which can take damage for others; Mastermind, which has a few NPCs or a faction which he plays in addition to his character; Artisan, who gains two extra profession-based stunts; Sage, which has extra knowledge skills, etc. Other character creation options are the same as any FATE system's. Characters gain two stunts, have a 10-skill pyramid, and have three stress tracks: A health track, a reputation track and a race-specific track, usually tied to their special abilities: For example: Toa (and Skakdi) get an elemental energy track they must deplete to use their powers, Vortixx get a raw materials track they must deplete to create items related to their profession, Matoran instead get a bonus to reputation as they are usually more involved in a society.
  • Non-player characters are divided into three: Full-fledged NPCs, who function the same as a normal character; extras, who are a bit simplified for shorter use and minions, who have a 3-skill list and are very simplified to be used and discarded.

Edited by The Mask of Ice, Sep 27 2012 - 02:55 PM.

"It's hard to pull of something 'for all ages' without making it seem like it was designed for a bunch of 4-year-olds, and I'm afraid to say that LEGO took the easy road with Hero Factory."
- Myself

My BZPRPG Characters

BIONICLE Table-Top Roleplaying Game System Project, Started by The Iron Toa

I used to write something about my rank here, but then I took an arrow to the knee...

#2 Offline Reinhardt Wilhelm

Reinhardt Wilhelm
  • Members
  • Kohrak-Kal Attacks!

• 07-August 12
  • 2,827 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 27 2012 - 07:12 PM

Interesting idea. I personally don't play RPGs of any kind, but this seems like a nice concept. The complexities of RPG worlds seem to go perfectly with the intricacies that Bionicle formed over the years.

My experience with graffiti was critical to my success in creating an army of murderous seagulls.

#3 Offline BenLuke

BenLuke
  • Members
  • Emerging Flying Force

• 21-August 09
  • 2,245 posts
  •  

Posted Sep 28 2012 - 11:57 AM

There's this.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users