• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Posted Image

Photo

EDIT: LEGO Ninjago NRG Ninja Wallpaper

Ninjago Minifigures NRG Wallpaper

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 6,335 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Oct 03 2012 - 07:35 AM

With my transfer to a new college this semester came a new laptop-- a MacBook Pro with a screen resolution of 1440x900. I spent a while looking for a good wallpaper for it (preferably a LEGO-related one), but I couldn't find any that particularly appealed to me, especially ones that would look good at this screen resolution. Finally I decided to make one myself.I put this together using this year's Ninjago character wallpapers as a background (Photoshopping multiple backgrounds together to remove the minifigure photographs and character names) and high-resolution CGI minifigure images from cache.LEGO.com as the foreground image (example source image).The NRG Ninja minifigures are amazing character designs, and pictures hardly do their elementally-charged metallic prints justice, but still there's something magical about shiny LEGO minifigure images, especially larger-than-life ones that truly let you take in every little detail.

Click the image to view it in full size:Posted Image

And if anyone's curious, here's what it looks like on my desktop. I think I will be happy with this layout for quite a while!You are welcome to use this wallpaper yourselves. If you would prefer it in a different resolution (1440 pixels wide or smaller), just ask-- I still have the original Photoshop document with all the layers separated, so it will be no trouble to change the size or aspect ratio.

25450756306_58415c3e74_z.jpg
The call of a Dragon in danger to save. All must unite, with Magic, be brave!

#2 Offline Shadow FF

Shadow FF
  • Members
  • Emerging Defender of Mata Nui

• 08-November 11
  • 2,010 posts
  •  

Posted Oct 03 2012 - 07:13 PM

I was expecting a wallpaper with all of the NRG ninja portraits. Anyways, awesome job on this! I like how it looks like those actual Ninjago posters.

pWPTu7m.jpg

Just call me FF or Veigar no matter my current username.

"I wish... you taken my hand... and no one ever found that 

teapot in the first place..."

~ Jay, Ninjago

#3 Offline Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Reporters
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 6,335 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Oct 03 2012 - 08:25 PM

I was expecting a wallpaper with all of the NRG ninja portraits. Anyways, awesome job on this! I like how it looks like those actual Ninjago posters.

I wish I had high-quality images of the portraits for the NRG ninja! They look beautiful on the cards, and as always I wish the illustrator were listed on the cards so I could know who to credit for that brilliance. But in any event, CGI minifigures are still interesting enough to decorate my desktop. Glad you think I did a good job!

25450756306_58415c3e74_z.jpg
The call of a Dragon in danger to save. All must unite, with Magic, be brave!

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users