Do You Want Bionicle To Return?

bonesiii

Do you want Bionicle to return?  

85 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Strong yes. It has one of the coolest story lines (of toys) ever. The pieces were awesome, I don't even know how much time I spent (and still spend) making epic creatures. The gears from earlier sets were fantastic, I loved just sitting and designing all kinds of moving things; overall I find HF rather lacking in the story and it's taken "clone build" to a whole new level (even the Inika build wasn't as repetitive: the Mahri and Glatorians were at least diverse in appearance). Not to say that HF's all bad, the parts can come in handy sometimes, and the lack of complex storytelling leaves me more time to do other (useless) things.=)

"Baby, in the final analyses, love is power. That's where the power's at."

Tumblr

Twitter

Wattpad

Strong yes. It has one of the coolest story lines (of toys) ever. The pieces were awesome, I don't even know how much time I spent (and still spend) making epic creatures. The gears from earlier sets were fantastic, I loved just sitting and designing all kinds of moving things; overall I find HF rather lacking in the story and it's taken "clone build" to a whole new level (even the Inika build wasn't as repetitive: the Mahri and Glatorians were at least diverse in appearance). Not to say that HF's all bad, the parts can come in handy sometimes, and the lack of complex storytelling leaves me more time to do other (useless) things.=)
The Inika build wasn't as repetitive as the Hero Factory builds? Which Hero Factory sets are you looking at, exactly? Hero Factory hasn't had any clone sets since the first wave, and the most recent wave has Heroes in all shapes and sizes (and that's not even considering the villains). The Inika had almost exactly the same build, and what differences there were were almost unnoticeably subtle, with the exception of Nuparu. It'd be hard to build an Inika that looked unlike the others. The Hero Factory building system, on the other hand, is incredibly versatile. Armor can be used on almost any piece in almost any orientation. Even the 2.0 wave of heroes, which mostly used the same range of pieces (as a consequence of having to design an entirely new building system from scratch) had great variation in what armor was used where, and how it was oriented.

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence

Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

• 2 months later...

Strong yes. Preferably not as a reboot, but rather set in the far future of Spherus Magna. They could make a fully new story, and only call on old fiction when it is convenient. That way the plot isn't too confusing either. Greg could slowly answer old questions and loose ends when the time comes, if they need to be answered at all.Plus, even if they botch it, you cannot ruin a piece of fiction by adding to it, only by subtracting from it. If you don't like the added part, you can stop from that point on. But if you erase all that has come before from all records (as in, "this never happened, but the rest did", though not a reboot., you fail.

I voted unsure. I just think that HF is doing great. And even though the universe isn't as epic, it still is awesome. And if it does come back it might have some HF influence, or be like 'The New 52' which sucks hardcore.

DevBannerwithInterests.png

Strong yes. Preferably not as a reboot, but rather set in the far future of Spherus Magna. They could make a fully new story, and only call on old fiction when it is convenient. That way the plot isn't too confusing either. Greg could slowly answer old questions and loose ends when the time comes, if they need to be answered at all.Plus, even if they botch it, you cannot ruin a piece of fiction by adding to it, only by subtracting from it. If you don't like the added part, you can stop from that point on. But if you erase all that has come before from all records (as in, "this never happened, but the rest did", though not a reboot., you fail.

I voted unsure. I just think that HF is doing great. And even though the universe isn't as epic, it still is awesome. And if it does come back it might have some HF influence, or be like 'The New 52' which sucks hardcore.

---

This is revival.

Thread closed.

"hey girl: here’s an idea, but… it’s up to you:

You’re the boss of this operation."

[BZPRPG Profile] [Ghosts of Bara Magna Profile]