• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

Producer Dan Lin Chews the Fat About LEGO Movie

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Hapori Tohu

Hapori Tohu
  • None
  • Heart of BZPower

• 16-July 01
  • 1,522 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 10:06 AM

The producer of the upcoming LEGO movie, entitled LEGO: The Piece of Resistance, had an interview concerning the film recently, in which he discussed the two directors, LEGO's help with the movie's LEGO models, and the advantage of LEGO's array of themes. Not much new is revealed concerning the movie, except that the names for Will Ferrell and Liam Neeson's characters (President Business and Bad Cop, respectively) are actually the names, and not just placeholders. You can read the whole interview here.http://www.bzpower.com/story.php?ID=5884]View the full article[/url]

#2 Offline Gatanui

Gatanui
  • Reporters
  • Senior News Finder

• 31-July 05
  • 11,166 posts
  •   BZP Reporter

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 01:41 PM

[color=#990000;]Seriously? Those names are so lame, I don't even get why they say they are "amazing".There is barely anything new in here, but still good to know everyone seems to take this project more or less seriously.[color=#000080;]-Gata Posted Image[/color][/color]

- Gata signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^

#3 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 2,366 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 02:08 PM

[color=#990000;]Seriously? Those names are so lame, I don't even get why they say they are "amazing".There is barely anything new in here, but still good to know everyone seems to take this project more or less seriously.[color=#000080;]-Gata Posted Image[/color][/color]

I think they're fantastic names. They're archetypal. They tell you all you need to know about the characters. And they genuinely sound like the kind of names a kid playing with Lego might come up with. They remind me of many of the character names in Axe Cop, and in my opinion that's a good thing.

Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

#4 Offline Lewigi

Lewigi
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Retired Staff
  • Senior Staff

• 25-March 06
  • 3,432 posts
  •   Retired Staff

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 03:41 PM

I think they're fantastic names. They're archetypal. They tell you all you need to know about the characters. And they genuinely sound like the kind of names a kid playing with Lego might come up with. They remind me of many of the character names in Axe Cop, and in my opinion that's a good thing.

I can see how they might be used comedically. I suppose Bad Cop's officers will be called Random Cops 1, 2, and 3?

#5 Offline Timelady Gallade

Timelady Gallade
  • Members
  • Toa

• 29-August 12
  • 129 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 03:54 PM

I can see how they might be used comedically. I suppose Bad Cop's officers will be called Random Cops 1, 2, and 3?

I having feeling they will. :/  And the hero would be called 'Good Guy?' Le sighhhhhh...

BJvKYW4.png

P̴̡͘r̛̕a̵͟i̷͞s͢͠é̴̢̛̕ ̛͡t̴̶̨͞h͢҉̶e̢͟ ̸̢͢͠R͢é̷͏̶d̸͘͞ ̴͟͡͏͞a͞n̶̛̕̕҉d̶͠͞͞ ̶̡̧B̷̛l̀҉a҉̢́͟c̕͠k̢͠ ̶̸̡͟͢Ģ͞͝͏͝ó̕d̛͢͢͡͠.̧҉.̷̧̛͟͞.̀҉̴
̧̨̧̡

Minecraft username: furno5943

3DS Friend code: 5043 2524 8032

#6 Online Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,827 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 04:18 PM

I having feeling they will. :/  And the hero would be called 'Good Guy?' Le sighhhhhh...

We already know that the good guy is named "Emmet". Honestly, I don't see why everyone has a problem with these villain names. I think they're hilarious, much like "Dark Helmet" from Spaceballs, or "Axe Cop" and "Dr. McNinja" from their respective webcomics (Not to mention Dr. McNinja's nemesis "King Radical").

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#7 Offline Toa Zaz

Toa Zaz
  • Members
  • Conqueror of the Swarm!

• 14-July 10
  • 738 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 04:46 PM

The villain is some kind of evil capitalist? Not that I'm against that kind of thing at all, but it seems pretty hypocritical of a massive company like Lego.

#8 Online Aanchir

Aanchir
  • Premier Member
  • Premier Outstanding BZP Citizens
  • Another Chir Brother

• 04-September 06
  • 4,827 posts
  •   Outstanding BZPower Citizen

Posted Dec 19 2012 - 05:08 PM

The villain is some kind of evil capitalist? Not that I'm against that kind of thing at all, but it seems pretty hypocritical of a massive company like Lego.

That's like saying it's hypocritical for a human author to cast a human as a villain, or for a celebrity author to cast a celebrity as a villain, or for any author to cast an author as a villain.From what I've read, President Business will be a somewhat sympathetic villain, and I strongly doubt the film will be trying to deliver any heavy-handed anti-business moral. But frankly, powerful villains (whether that power is supernatural, political, or economic as is apparently the case here) tend to present a greater challenge to a hero.

Edited by Aanchir: Rachira of Time, Dec 19 2012 - 05:09 PM.

Posted Image recommends the following sites:
Posted Image Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#9 Offline CHTrilogy

CHTrilogy
  • Members
  • Defender of Mata Nui Defeated

• 01-June 04
  • 3,198 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2012 - 07:02 AM

So Liam goes from being a Journalist to a Bad Cop. ...okay then!

~ CHTrilogy

whob.png

#10 Offline Lyichir

Lyichir
  • Premier Member
    BioniLUG Member
  • Premier Members
  • A Chir Brother

• 21-March 06
  • 2,366 posts
  •  

Posted Dec 20 2012 - 10:20 AM

That's like saying he's an evil father, or an evil commuter. Just because he's some sort of corrupt executive doesn't mean that capitalism is the source of his evil, or that by making him evil it's saying the same thing about all capitalists.

Proud attendee of the Bionicle panel at NYCC and after-hours Lego store event! Feel free to PM me any questions about Bionicle 2015 sets or parts!

Formerly Lyichir: Rachira of Influence
Aanchir's and Meiko's brother

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users