• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. The process is easy and you can use your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account to make it even faster. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies and play member and staff-run games
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes, and vote to decide the winners
  • Participate in raffles, including exclusive raffles for new members, and win free LEGO sets
  • Send private messages to other members
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

BBCC 64: The Furmidible Man-Bat

BBCC 64

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 09:23 PM

From the shadows of a dark alley grows an extension of the gloom. It takes form as it steps forth, the silhouettes of limbs and a head sharpening. Wings blossom from the shadow's back. Red eyes open. Claws flex. A short screech rebounds off the concrete.Man-Bat is come.

Posted ImageFront | Side | Back | Pose

In brief: The Furmidible Man-Bat is the first MOC I have completed in months. It's not my best MOC, but the fact that I don't hate it must mean I'm recovering from my building slump. Man-Bat is also the first MOC I've made that incorporates both Bionicle and Hero Factory pieces in a single form. My biggest criticism would be that the wings don't emulate a bat's well enough (I personally blame a shortage of parts, but you're free to interpret the shortcoming however you choose).Thank you in advance for any comments, constructive critiques, and votes that may come my way.

#2 Online Watcher on the Walls

Watcher on the Walls
  • Members
  • Ice Warrior

• 1,901 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 10:55 PM

First of all, nice MOC. I like how you made the wings, even though you said they don't look like a bat's, but hey, you used your imagination! Which piece is the head made of, just wondering. It look like a HF head, but I'm not too sure. Anyway, I should stop talking (typing, whatever)and say something like good luck on the contest.

#3 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 3,495 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 12:01 AM

Thanks. The head is made using a standard Hero Factory lower limb piece as the base; I placed a Rahkshi head (with a normal, translucent orange socket joint) on the end and placed another socket, with a couple Bohrok teeth attached, on the center ball joint. It doesn't look much like a bat's head, but I didn't know what else to do, and it's a decent head design by itself.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users