• Create Account

Welcome to BZPower!

Hi there, while we hope you enjoy browsing through the site, there's a lot more you can do if you register. Some perks of joining include:
  • Create your own topics, participate in existing discussions, and vote in polls
  • Show off your creations, stories, art, music, and movies
  • Enter contests to win free LEGO sets and other prizes
  • Participate in raffles to win LEGO prizes
  • Organize with other members to attend or send your MOCs to LEGO fan events all over the world
  • Much, much more!
Enjoy your visit!

Photo

BBCC 64: The Furmidible Man-Bat

BBCC 64

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 09-June 09
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 09:23 PM

From the shadows of a dark alley grows an extension of the gloom. It takes form as it steps forth, the silhouettes of limbs and a head sharpening. Wings blossom from the shadow's back. Red eyes open. Claws flex. A short screech rebounds off the concrete.Man-Bat is come.

Posted ImageFront | Side | Back | Pose

In brief: The Furmidible Man-Bat is the first MOC I have completed in months. It's not my best MOC, but the fact that I don't hate it must mean I'm recovering from my building slump. Man-Bat is also the first MOC I've made that incorporates both Bionicle and Hero Factory pieces in a single form. My biggest criticism would be that the wings don't emulate a bat's well enough (I personally blame a shortage of parts, but you're free to interpret the shortcoming however you choose).Thank you in advance for any comments, constructive critiques, and votes that may come my way.

#2 Offline Hitoshura

Hitoshura
  • Members
  • Flying Force!

• 16-February 13
  • 2,489 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 17 2013 - 10:55 PM

First of all, nice MOC. I like how you made the wings, even though you said they don't look like a bat's, but hey, you used your imagination! Which piece is the head made of, just wondering. It look like a HF head, but I'm not too sure. Anyway, I should stop talking (typing, whatever)and say something like good luck on the contest.

#3 Offline Legolover-361

Legolover-361
  • Members
  • Stellar Storyteller

• 09-June 09
  • 3,516 posts
  •  

Posted Feb 18 2013 - 12:01 AM

Thanks. The head is made using a standard Hero Factory lower limb piece as the base; I placed a Rahkshi head (with a normal, translucent orange socket joint) on the end and placed another socket, with a couple Bohrok teeth attached, on the center ball joint. It doesn't look much like a bat's head, but I didn't know what else to do, and it's a decent head design by itself.

0 user(s) are browsing this forum

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users