Mask Revealed for Battle for the Gold Mask

I wish they would do art or story contests for the other masks. Probably not going to happen, though - they will probably just go through different building contests. 

Although the Emmet Awards do bring me hope that they might actually do that. :)

My guess is they won't all be building contests. That would be pretty boring.

These are Lego-sponsored contests on websites, B6. It's my understanding that while most Lego fansites focus on building, few focus/have forums for fanfiction stories or art. Plus IIRC Lego has never done either. It would be unprecedented. 

They might do a video contest like the Emmet Awards though. :shrugs:

Independent of the fact that I bet Black Six already knows at least part of LEGO's plans, I do actually expect the other contests to be about other creative disciplines. Remember the website contest in 2001 where the Golden Hau could be won? Actually, I would love it if they made such a contest again. Of course, building is an obvious choice for a LEGO contest, but LEGO has shown in the past that they can host other types of contests as well. I would expect a writing contest, too and probably drawing as well, though I don't recall seeing that from LEGO yet.

-Gata signoff.png

Wait... website building contest? :???:

There was a contest in 2001 where you had to create a website. BZPower administrator Binkmeister won the contest and actually became a webmaster at LEGO a few years later.

-Gata signoff.png

Huh... cool! Is it possible to view the website he built?

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

Seems fairly anti-climactic. I'd much rather have the Mask of Creation than this wierd looking spider one... But as I won't be winning any of them I think I'll survive :D

Which would make more sense—to give away the shiny, special Mask of Creation that appears in promotional material but isn't even in any sets yet FIRST, or to save it for LAST? Promotions like this need buildup if they hope to keep people engaged throughout, so starting with the Skull Spider mask (which comes in plastic in every single set next year) seems more logical than starting with the ultimate prize.

Ah seems I misunderstood. I thought this post was suggesting the SGSSM would be the ultimate prize for this competiton (as in the other seven would be lesser prizes) But really this is just the first prize awarded and the others will be used for seperate contests? That makes a lot more sense, in effect starting off with the ugly one (IMO) and presumably working up to the SGMOC. So I can still win the others even if I can't moc :P

Check out my Bionicle store on Bricklink here!

> > > Bionic Bricks < < <

Let me know if you can help me find these last few collectibles!

Masks%20footer4_zpspqs4myrt.png

Also looking for WILD KRAATA and a VMKK Yo!!!

I wish they would do art or story contests for the other masks. Probably not going to happen, though - they will probably just go through different building contests. 

Although the Emmet Awards do bring me hope that they might actually do that. :)

My guess is they won't all be building contests. That would be pretty boring.

These are Lego-sponsored contests on websites, B6. It's my understanding that while most Lego fansites focus on building, few focus/have forums for fanfiction stories or art. Plus IIRC Lego has never done either. It would be unprecedented. 

They might do a video contest like the Emmet Awards though. :shrugs:

Independent of the fact that I bet Black Six already knows at least part of LEGO's plans, I do actually expect the other contests to be about other creative disciplines. Remember the website contest in 2001 where the Golden Hau could be won? Actually, I would love it if they made such a contest again. Of course, building is an obvious choice for a LEGO contest, but LEGO has shown in the past that they can host other types of contests as well. I would expect a writing contest, too and probably drawing as well, though I don't recall seeing that from LEGO yet.

-Gata signoff.png

Wait... website building contest? :???:

There was a contest in 2001 where you had to create a website. BZPower administrator Binkmeister won the contest and actually became a webmaster at LEGO a few years later.

-Gata signoff.png

Huh... cool! Is it possible to view the website he built?

There you go.

-Gata signoff.png

Edited by Gatanui

- Gata

signoffLarge.png

Please don't use my avatar or signature without permission, thanks! ^_^