Set Review: 70782 Protector of Ice

Protector of Ice looks neat! Tribal-esque mask, great color scheme and adorable body portions :D Cool gattling gun and rotating saw there, and kudos to LEGO for including additional stud "ammo"! As compared to the Toa, the addition of the Skull spiders make even more sense in the case of the Protectors, as the difference in size is smaller and thus conflict is sort of more "balanced"/fair :P

I always thought that transferring the "uniform launcher weapons" from the medium-size sets (e.g. the Toa and the main "villians of the year") to the small-size sets (e.g. the "villagers" like the Matoran, Agori or the Protectors) is an excellent idea. This gives the smaller sets more playability (and increase its worth given its price) while the medium sets retain great playability via Toa Mata/Nuva-style multi-functional Toa tools. This awesome idea should have been embraced earlier!

Agreed. But I think small sets having the launchers has been done at least once before with the 2004 Matoran, AKA the Metrutoran.

The artist formerly known as

ŜρЄЯ־GЄNіŜ־CЯЄŦ۞Я

BBC#69 Entry: Roodaka - Master of Manipulation

BFTGM entries: Zigben · Ventox · Deflecto

Hail Denmark.

• 3 weeks later...

Man, the Protector looks cool with the saw and blaster together. The transparent light blue pieces look great on him with the color.:) The mask looks cool, too, and it kind of reminds me of Jaller Mahri's mask, but less detailed. I also like how the blaster looks like, but something about it is a bit confusing: what kind of physics could possibly make the new gun shoot a stud? It doesn't seem logical that way, like the minifigure guns in the second wave Hero Factory: Invasion From Below sets.

I like Lego, Bionicle, and Hero Factory!:)