Evo's Weapons Guide

Toa Ignika

http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/555907/EvoWeapons/SMG/2012-02-26_21.24.32.jpgI'm Evo, weapons expert of Alpha 1 team, but you can call me Evo, the supremely awesome guy who totally beats all other heroes hands down for all possible reasons imaginable.And this is:evo_official.jpgEVO PRESENTS: EVO'S WEAPONS GUIDEToday I'll start the show with a weapon relatively unknown to many which technically is what this show is about, 'cos all the guns you see here are totally new, also why is this called a show? I mean it is just an internet post with pictures and there aren't any moving pictures or audio in it. Well at least they're paying me better than bulk for his perfume commercial).Introducing, the Machine Pistol!http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/555907/EvoWeapons/SMG/2012-02-26_21.14.06.jpgYeah...we haven't actually thought of a proper name for this gun as of yet. We were gonna go with the DOOF which stands for....actually we haven't actually even thought of a meaning to a random acronym we just came up with so that's why we chose not to go with it, thus the gun not having any name for now, besides I'm a weapons expert not some naming professional...This weapon has been integrated with our very own Hero Factory technology. What type of technology you ask? Well........oh scrap it doesn't say anything about what technology it uses in the script, ANYWAY MOVING ON:It has been designed to fire at a ridiculously high rate of 950 rounds per minute. Below you shall see the weapon in action................................Yeah erm due to some budget cuts we aren't actually able to test fire the weapon down the public firing range where it could be recorded, so here's a fancy picture of the gun!2012-02-26_21.16.31.jpgThe greatest trait of this weapon however, is its minimized recoil. It has been structurally design to absorb the blowback force and spread it throughout the entire weapon. It absorbs recoil so well to the point that a the grip you see on that weapon would be completely useless, but studies have shown that an addition of a grip improves a weapon's aesthetic characteristics. This being a result of guns' growing popularity with first person shooters. How is this important? Not at all, SO WE CONTINUE!This unique trait of the weapon means that it can be used single-handedly with ease and with its ergonomic and ambidextrous design, you could say it was built to be used Akimbo! I mean to dual wield, to use 2 of the same at once, well you get the idea.http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/555907/EvoWeapons/SMG/2012-02-26_21.19.53.jpgIts low recoil coupled with its ability to be dual wielded give it great opportunity for some cool action style posing. I believe its called Gun-fu or something like that.http://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/555907/EvoWeapons/SMG/2012-02-26_20.09.00.jpghttp://www.brickshelf.com/gallery/555907/EvoWeapons/SMG/2012-02-26_20.08.19.jpgWell, that concludes the first of a (hopefully) upcoming series of weapon guides from me. Until then, I'm Evo, and I'm off to play some first person shooters save the world from villains, stay safe citizens of Makuhero city!For unused pictures that did not make it to the final cut please click on the given link to view the gallery on a different website altogether.Please link to images if they are over 100 kB Edited by Black Six

This is my signature, I couldn't think of anything witty or cool or something to put here so I'll just be a total doofus and state the obvious that this is my signature. Have a nice day~

P.S. does anyone know of a online source for Bionicle in Singapore? I really wanna catch up on my childhood by buying the old Bionicles I never got to buy back then.

I love how you presented this. I may have to build one of those myself. Also I like you customized Evo.

At some point you realize that you are but a speck in the Universe.

That you time in this worlds is but a blink.

You see the whole of reality as it unfolds before you.

You try to see how far you can reach, and it’s not that far past your face.

But then you come back from the brink.

You hold them in your arms again.

And you know that you are where their world begins.

You are their rock.

You did outstanding work on this! On the Evo revamp and the gun! My only complaint about the gun is that the handle is too long. But you were very creative on this. I look forward to your future projects.In fact, you just inspired me. Thanks a lot! I have to ask though which handle are you referring to? The 1 in front of his hand or the one he's holding the gun by? The handle he is holding the gun with is meant to be a very long magazine.

I love how you presented this. I may have to build one of those myself. Also I like you customized Evo.

Thank you for noticing! I want to add that his torso is completely custom, albeit a little old because i came up with the design between the 2.0 and 3.0 saga. His shoulders are capable of moving now which is completely necessary for my other larger weapons so that the stock can rest nicely on the shoulder. But i made it completely in black so its hard to see from a camera screen. :P

The way the guns are customized is awesome. I actually don't see any downsides to the weapons.

Thank you very much! Edited by Toa Ignika

This is my signature, I couldn't think of anything witty or cool or something to put here so I'll just be a total doofus and state the obvious that this is my signature. Have a nice day~

P.S. does anyone know of a online source for Bionicle in Singapore? I really wanna catch up on my childhood by buying the old Bionicles I never got to buy back then.

I'm normally not especially fond of custom weapons like this that are mostly Technic-based. But unlike a lot of more amateur MOCists, they're not absurdly large, they use a Hero Factory shell quite tastefully rather than extraneously, and they look quite cohesive. Evo was also the perfect figure to model them, and your photos are quite nice, although the last one would be better if the weapons themselves were in focus rather than the figure holding them.In summary,evo_is_pleased_with_these_new_upgrades.jpg

I'm normally not especially fond of custom weapons like this that are mostly Technic-based. But unlike a lot of more amateur MOCists, they're not absurdly large, they use a Hero Factory shell quite tastefully rather than extraneously, and they look quite cohesive. Evo was also the perfect figure to model them, and your photos are quite nice, although the last one would be better if the weapons themselves were in focus rather than the figure holding them. In summary, [snip]

I always preferred technic over bricks :P And i agree with your last statement, but my camera isn't exactly the best and the weapon is like you mentioned isn't large so taking close up shots of the weapons or just simply the weapons on its own would look no different from the picture you see up there.

Hmmm... Nice job! I've been inspired! Making my own weapons now. (I've got an FNP90, M16, Crossbow, Shotgun all done right now) Just gonna post them soon. Great job on your gun!

Nice! Are those weapons Hero Sized? I have an machine gun, a bullpup assault rifle and a bullpup sniper rifle, but they are still purely technic parts so I'm thinking whether or not to integrate more hero factory parts into them before putting them online. Edited by -Windrider-
Large-ish quoted image linked

I'm normally not especially fond of custom weapons like this that are mostly Technic-based. But unlike a lot of more amateur MOCists, they're not absurdly large, they use a Hero Factory shell quite tastefully rather than extraneously, and they look quite cohesive. Evo was also the perfect figure to model them, and your photos are quite nice, although the last one would be better if the weapons themselves were in focus rather than the figure holding them. In summary, [snip]

I always preferred technic over bricks :P And i agree with your last statement, but my camera isn't exactly the best and the weapon is like you mentioned isn't large so taking close up shots of the weapons or just simply the weapons on its own would look no different from the picture you see up there.
Oh, yes, I prefer Technic to bricks as well! But I feel that custom weapons that use primarily Technic rather than Hero Factory or BIONICLE parts don't necessarily fit in stylistically with other BIONICLE or Hero Factory weapons. But it's true, in Hero Factory that's less of a problem since the style has many of the same smooth contours as are common in System and Technic, unlike BIONICLE where the weapons tended to have extremely complex contours and Technic weapons felt like they might as well have been from another toy line entirely.

Oh, yes, I prefer Technic to bricks as well! But I feel that custom weapons that use primarily Technic rather than Hero Factory or BIONICLE parts don't necessarily fit in stylistically with other BIONICLE or Hero Factory weapons. But it's true, in Hero Factory that's less of a problem since the style has many of the same smooth contours as are common in System and Technic, unlike BIONICLE where the weapons tended to have extremely complex contours and Technic weapons felt like they might as well have been from another toy line entirely.

Agreed! By the way I have a separate topic which has weapons that might interested you here. The Assault rifle is still a work in progress 'cos i can't figure out how to use hero factory parts in anyway as of now :PI will probably go through the weapons in a 2nd episode of this series to cover the weapons a little more in-depth. Edited by Toa Ignika